PDA

View Full Version : Torque steer

T5frankie
Tuesday 10th January 2012, 22:45
Since having a new wishbone fitted that had play in it (advisory on mot) the car is now torque steering like a bitch all over the road on boost i have to really fight it to keep in a straight line, i suppose the play in the ball joint took alot of the fight out of it, if that makes sense?

jayeastanglia
Tuesday 10th January 2012, 23:03
did you get the tracking done after fitting the new wishbones?

Dangerous Dave
Tuesday 10th January 2012, 23:04
Ah yes, fortunately there is an easy fix for this......

Ease up on the heavy right foot :D :D

AndysR
Tuesday 10th January 2012, 23:04
Sounds slightly odd, might be worth changing the opposite side as well unless that's recent?

T5frankie
Tuesday 10th January 2012, 23:05
did you get the tracking done after fitting the new wishbones?

no mate drives straight sand true just on full boost its all over the shop from side to side

T5frankie
Tuesday 10th January 2012, 23:07
Sounds slightly odd, might be worth changing the opposite side as well unless that's recent?

thats only a few thousand miles old, bit of a funny story, i bought 2 x wishbones to be fitted by mr clutch in northampton who have done loads of good work for me and it turns out that only one was fitted, smithy told me they were odd and so did the mot tester, this was over a year ago now andd its too far to be bothered about now but wtf happened to my other wishbone? the other side was solid, before the new one just fitted the car would dive to the right when braking

t5_monkey
Tuesday 10th January 2012, 23:41
They're supposed to be changed at the same time.

What about getting em polybushed ?

T5frankie
Tuesday 10th January 2012, 23:47
They're supposed to be changed at the same time.

What about getting em polybushed ?

no dont matter as long as there is no play at all in the one you don't change, yeah want to polybush them at some point after doing the essentials, want to get it ready for some track action really

M-R-P
Wednesday 11th January 2012, 00:29
I recon get the geometry checked. Most places will check for free and charge for adjustments. Be worth a look. May have knocked the camber out a bit or something. Just because it drives straight, don't mean all is bang on.

T5frankie
Wednesday 11th January 2012, 00:31
I recon get the geometry checked. Most places will check for free and charge for adjustments. Be worth a look. May have knocked the camber out a bit or something. Just because it drives straight, don't mean all is bang on.

yeah mate think i'll get this checked, all laser'ed up

M-R-P
Wednesday 11th January 2012, 00:35
yeah mate think i'll get this checked, all laser'ed up

Anything free is always worth it :)