PDA

View Full Version : back doors grinding

volvokid
Monday 9th January 2012, 12:56
When i open my back doors they are rubbing somewhere around the check strap area, ive. Tried white grease but it doesn't stop it, can i adjust anything?

Santa
Monday 9th January 2012, 17:44
When i open my back doors they are rubbing somewhere around the check strap area, ive. Tried white grease but it doesn't stop it, can i adjust anything?

Not had this with my S60R.......Hinges?

volvokid
Monday 9th January 2012, 17:49
It seems to be the bit in the middle of the door, i think its the check strap. I might take the door card off but dont like removing panels incase i break anything and introduce rattles

foammanmark
Monday 9th January 2012, 17:59
It seems to be the bit in the middle of the door, i think its the check strap. I might take the door card off but dont like removing panels incase i break anything and introduce rattles

You'll be fine taking the doorcards off, but it may be wise having some spare plastic clips. Once you've done one, it seems easy but the clips can sometimes be weak.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VOLVO-INTERIOR-DOOR-TRIM-PANEL-CLIPS-X10-GREEN-/230675709334?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35b557fd96

This is the link for the p1 V70 clips, but I don't know if the p2's are the same?

Jimmie
Monday 9th January 2012, 18:13
Liquid grease!

LeeT5
Thursday 12th January 2012, 14:18

You don't need to take the door card off to access/remove the door check strap.