PDA

View Full Version : Boost leak

T4Rick
Sunday 8th January 2012, 23:17
How do i no if i have one lol,also no matter what i do the t5 wont boost above 0.5 bar .What should it boost std?

Kingsford G
Sunday 8th January 2012, 23:18
I think its 7.5 or 8psi,no more than that.

bigrotch
Sunday 8th January 2012, 23:27
are u runnig mbc have u got a mapped ecu

LiamT4
Sunday 8th January 2012, 23:28
Sure its about 10psi which is about 0.7bar

T4Rick
Sunday 8th January 2012, 23:31
are u runnig mbc have u got a mapped ecu

I did and removed it i felt it wasnt doing anything.It felt quicker but my gauge wasnt moving passed 0.5 bar which is strange.I dont no what a boost leak sounds like though or how do i no if i have one

bigrotch
Sunday 8th January 2012, 23:32
if ya got mbc on standad ecu u can boost constant 1bar 14.5psi u will get fuel cut at constant 15psi with mbc that is. check all vac lines and pos recirc valve swap for blank plate

bigrotch
Sunday 8th January 2012, 23:34
mbc could have bin round the wrong way mate as i plumed myne wrong once and it wouldnt boost over 5psi

renew all vac lines check all fittings, spray carb cleaner on the pipework if it runs up thats where ya leak is mate

theflyingbrick
Sunday 8th January 2012, 23:38
also check the hoses on the idle control valve i had my mbc turned all the way in and it made no difference,at the one of the essex meets someone noticed a small split in the top icv hose,made a repair and hey presto 22psi :) althuogh now it drops off dramatically,ive got problems elsewhere so thats another story ;)

smithy
Sunday 8th January 2012, 23:39
I did and removed it i felt it wasnt doing anything.It felt quicker but my gauge wasnt moving passed 0.5 bar which is strange.I dont no what a boost leak sounds like though or how do i no if i have one

support the front of the car on stands and chock the rear wheels so its safe and i mean safe mate then get someone to drive the car and put it under pressure should hear boost leak.or even safer get it to your nearist rolling road and put it on there then you will find the boost leak straight away mate.before any of that though check the throttle body hose by the idle control well known for splitting there and the turbo to intake pipe too.check actuator too

T4Rick
Sunday 8th January 2012, 23:41
All my vac lines are silicone now i will have a nosey tomorrow.Just carnt figure out why the car wont go over 0.5 lol.Im running a t5r auto ecu as well in a manual but saying that it would boost 0.5 bar on a std ecu lol

LiamT4
Sunday 8th January 2012, 23:41
When you removed the mbc, did you plug the bcv back in the right way round. If its plugged up wrong that will really hold the boost back.

T4Rick
Sunday 8th January 2012, 23:45
When you removed the mbc, did you plug the bcv back in the right way round. If its plugged up wrong that will really hold the boost back.

Hi Liam its the right way round lol

LiamT4
Sunday 8th January 2012, 23:50
Hi Liam its the right way round lol

Just checking, its not uncommon to be rushing to get the last few pipes back on when finishing something and not check that they are the right way round. lol

mitchyboy01
Monday 9th January 2012, 01:23
Could be knackered actuator being blown open by exhaust manifold pressure

T4Rick
Saturday 14th January 2012, 20:19
I got another jubilee clip today from the shop and fitted in place of my old one as my old one was holding the hose but not tight enough.And now it moves up by 2 more psi so im just a smidge under 0.5 now so im going in the right direction lol i still think i have another boost leak some where because when i boot it on the motorway i can hear some thing like a sucking noise