PDA

View Full Version : angel tuning

Murphwiz
Sunday 8th January 2012, 20:24
Evening!

Has anyone used angel tuning for a remap, seeing they are doing a good deal for remaps at moment and funds are tight!
Would welcome any and all feedback.

Car in question is a Volvo s60 2.4T geartronic, come out of a saab 9-5 aero, so am missing the torque of that just a little!!

Santa
Sunday 8th January 2012, 20:28
I haven't heard of them personally. I would personally stick with a more established Volvo tuner but if no one tries no one will know if they are any good or not.

Where you based, maybe someone can recommend other tuners near you?

Timo.
Sunday 8th January 2012, 20:41
Have used them for a bora tdi 150bhp, a 330D BMW and a S60 D5.
All amazing afterwards.

Have done probably 50 k in my Bora since. Apart from slight clutch slip if you push it at low revs it been faultless. It did this from the first time I went out after the remap. It has never worsened.

My BMW killed its clutch eventually with the boost in the torque. (It has done nearly 150k so it wasn't a huge surprise)

The S60 was great also.

The guy I have dealt with was a legend.

t5_monkey
Sunday 8th January 2012, 20:47
MTE or Rica and HLM are the usual suspects for a Volvo Remap

Murphwiz
Sunday 8th January 2012, 22:25
Rica to expensive for my pockets! HLM seem sensibly priced, and have good writeups from my limited search on here, and good to know a vote for angel tuning, they are my closest volvo tuner afaik, I'm in stevenage, if you know any others, please do let me know!

Nathlm
Wednesday 11th January 2012, 21:20
Hi just to let you know that Angel tuning will NOT be tuning through the ODB port, they will be removing your ecu, opening it and taking the chip off the board. Our tune for that car is only £300 inc VAT diagnostics and dyno runs - flipping bargin ;0)

Nat

The Flying Moose
Wednesday 11th January 2012, 21:24
I can only vouch from personal experience but I had my Fabia vRS mapped by Angel originally at a price of £195. I was happy with the map but as they only deal with generic maps (or did so at the time) they were not able to manipulate it.

Worth looking into.

Murphwiz
Wednesday 11th January 2012, 22:03
Hi just to let you know that Angel tuning will NOT be tuning through the ODB port, they will be removing your ecu, opening it and taking the chip off the board. Our tune for that car is only £300 inc VAT diagnostics and dyno runs - flipping bargin ;0)

Nat

hmmm so a proven increase, and a sensible price, I might have to give HLM a buzz!