PDA

View Full Version : Set up check up, feedback appreciated

dalhousie2008
Sunday 8th January 2012, 15:38
Hi just gonna run past you lot the specs of my daily driver, so it needs to be reliable and not too extreme as my wife my drive it. If there are any probs you can see point them out, remember this is just a mild tune for daily use.

Engine:

MBC, thinking set around 12-13 psi, whites, 16t (straight with compressor wheel 19t). De-cat, BSR cat back, Panel filter (or just standard), 850R Clutch. Obviously a boost gauge. plus re map, custom or 310, volvo rip kit.

Car:

Need better brakes and soon as wearing out, Just need to wait to see if anyone can solve the xc90 disc / vw caliper problem.

Lowering -40mm, springs or coil overs, running titans on 205/45/17

any things ive missed or probs you can see

bigrotch
Sunday 8th January 2012, 15:48
rip kit and id go 15/16 psi long as you havent got standad map as u will hit fuel cut

dalhousie2008
Sunday 8th January 2012, 17:00
hi rotch already have the standard volvo rip it, just amended thanks for that i missed it. Common everyone else i must have got something wrong

M-R-P
Sunday 8th January 2012, 17:57
You'll know if you gor something wrong cos itll go bang lol. It may be worth getting oe Volvo discs )whatever size you have), fast road pads and a full brake fluid change, you may be pleasently surprised or itll keep you going till you get the xc stuff sorted.
If its gonna be your daily hack, do you want it to be totally mad, use loads of petrol and bend a rod when the missus tries o pull away in 2nd? ;)
EDIT get it polybushed :)

dalhousie2008
Sunday 8th January 2012, 18:57
yeah def poly bushed, im just chasing a set of shocks and springs. If theres on mbc shouldn't bend rods then? as the map shouldn't allow boost to kick in too early?

What about if the mbc is set low say 12 psi, would that stop the rod bending situation?

on another note, how did you get on at the breakers martin and i have a boost gauge and fitting kit.