PDA

View Full Version : Oil and this

Haizum74
Sunday 8th January 2012, 12:48
Ok so could this be the cause of all the smoke issues. I found it this morning while poking around. Any ideas?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27820890/IMG_20120108_105815.jpg

LiamT4
Sunday 8th January 2012, 13:19
How much oil is the car using, how often to you top it up?

Haizum74
Sunday 8th January 2012, 22:59
How much oil is the car using, how often to you top it up?

Top up a litre other week, depends, since March she has had about 12 litres back in in total. 18 of you count the oil change

Kingsford G
Sunday 8th January 2012, 23:16
My mates T4 was smoking alot when put yr foot down when he took it to a garage they told him its common on thede cars.Apparantly one of them pipes,I didn`t go into details.Check all the pipes.

LiamT4
Sunday 8th January 2012, 23:25
That a quite often then, but from that picture there doesn't look too much.

If it smokes on boost then its usually a turbo issue, like the oil feed pipe.

Haizum74
Monday 9th January 2012, 12:56
Off boost, on boost, from the back, from underneath the car, it smokes.

Feel like Ive got Bob Marley in the boot.

pacman67
Monday 9th January 2012, 17:42
I still think its the oil return pipe seal, it seems to spray a fine mist of oil which gets everywhere. Are you getting drips on the driveway. Theres also a stud with a brass washer thats an oil seal also.

Haizum74
Monday 9th January 2012, 20:20
I still think its the oil return pipe seal, it seems to spray a fine mist of oil which gets everywhere. Are you getting drips on the driveway. Theres also a stud with a brass washer thats an oil seal also.

No, no drips after its stood which makes me think oil return pipe. Its been like it since I got it but with other things needed doing to it its only now I am in a position to do anything. As I said at the meet, am going to have to take her in as not got a driveway or garage to take a look.

Fingers bloody crossed hey

LiamT4
Monday 9th January 2012, 20:42
It'll get sorted with a bit of luck.

Haizum74
Monday 9th January 2012, 22:07
It'll get sorted with a bit of luck.

Yeh, then i can get on with doing some mods, finally lol

pacman67
Tuesday 10th January 2012, 13:05
No, no drips after its stood which makes me think oil return pipe. Its been like it since I got it but with other things needed doing to it its only now I am in a position to do anything. As I said at the meet, am going to have to take her in as not got a driveway or garage to take a look.

Fingers bloody crossed hey

Your welcome to shoot up to mine, i have a driveway and ramps etc, close to scotch corner. Easy job the oil return.

Haizum74
Tuesday 10th January 2012, 22:17
Your welcome to shoot up to mine, i have a driveway and ramps etc, close to scotch corner. Easy job the oil return.

Cheers dude, I may take you up on that though my mechanical skills are close to women reverse parking lol. Saying that if I have instructions then piece of cake.

pacman67
Tuesday 10th January 2012, 22:33
Cheers dude, I may take you up on that though my mechanical skills are close to women reverse parking lol. Saying that if I have instructions then piece of cake.

Gladly give you a hand, done my t4, easy compared to a v70 xc (mare of a job).
Thinking on you wont get any drips with the undertray on.

Haizum74
Wednesday 11th January 2012, 19:13
Gladly give you a hand, done my t4, easy compared to a v70 xc (mare of a job).
Thinking on you wont get any drips with the undertray on.

Cheers dude, I will let you know. Be near end of the month.