PDA

View Full Version : Bonkers idea #158

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 7th January 2012, 02:05
As per usual - bit bored, bit drunk (it is a Friday) - trawling the Autotrader - hmm nice Gumpert (250K)
- ooh look Aston Martin DB7 v12 - 7.9mpg urban??!! with only 35K on the clock for a smidge over 20K

Anyway. I found this. I know its been on there for a while...

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201141420721900/sort/priceasc/usedcars/transmission/manual/model/c70/make/volvo/postcode/tf35ax/page/1/radius/1500/keywords/t5?logcode=p

I am sure I could get it for a bit less. But it would cure all my paint problems. I can swap most of the mechanicals?? plus it gives me a lovely young engine to play with?? and it has a much nicer interior. Only issue is the time to swap all the ICE.

TBH I would just break what is left of Betsy for cash. Gonna cost me 400 quid to get a decent engine anyway.

is this just the ravings of a bored/slightly drunk 39 yr old??

The Flying Moose
Saturday 7th January 2012, 06:28
As daft as it sounds probably not a bad idea... at least if nothing else the engine is guaranteed mileage unlike the usual "oh its done 82k from new" from all the breakers.

Another set of commets too plus yours is £300 back in the kitty and the privatte reg is probably worth the same so another £300 if not more.

So with whatever you knock off knock another £600 off and thats what it will cost for the conversion, until at least Betsy is broken.

Santa
Saturday 7th January 2012, 08:04
Could you really bring yourself to break something you've given a name? :-p

T5frankie
Saturday 7th January 2012, 08:52
first dibs on the comets lol

foammanmark
Saturday 7th January 2012, 09:56
Nice looking motor but that price is too high even considering the mileage. The registration number is also for a VW Golf GTI according to DVLA?

There's a nice looking saffy one in Cheshire for £1,695 but a bit older.

dalhousie2008
Saturday 7th January 2012, 10:03
my friend has got an aston v12, haven't seen it yet but i guess it fast

foammanmark
Saturday 7th January 2012, 10:18
This is the car in Cheshire, as I was thinking about it for the Mrs.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230715606699?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

M-R-P
Saturday 7th January 2012, 10:23
Better the.devil you know Dave. Betsy's in sound shape plus you have the project engine in the shed which should be pretty fresh when its finished. After everything youve been through with Betsy, could you really bring yourself to strip her for parts to put on an identicle, if newer model, rip parts off to sell then load the carcase on a lorry to be crushed?

smithson007
Saturday 7th January 2012, 10:46
This is the car in Cheshire, as I was thinking about it for the Mrs.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230715606699?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

No mate you want a nice saffy V70 R. lol

foammanmark
Saturday 7th January 2012, 11:03
No mate you want a nice saffy V70 R. lol

I do want a V70R mate, but the C70 would be for the Mrs.

She will not drive either of our V70's as she thinks they're just too big for her.

AndysR
Saturday 7th January 2012, 11:28
I'd stick with what you know and put the money towards a repaint if your worried about the finish of the car now. One thing I am not sure about, which might just be because of the iPhone I'm viewing the pictures with, but the filler panel between the n/s rear light and the bumper doesn't seem to be sitting flush with the 1/4 panel...?

merc85
Saturday 7th January 2012, 11:59
I'd stick with what you know and put the money towards a repaint if your worried about the finish of the car now. One thing I am not sure about, which might just be because of the iPhone I'm viewing the pictures with, but the filler panel between the n/s rear light and the bumper doesn't seem to be sitting flush with the 1/4 panel...?

TBH it does look out a little,

T4Rick
Saturday 7th January 2012, 12:25
I actually like it mate but please stick to your current car mate she is a beast and i liked it when i saw her at yorkshire race way

M-R-P
Saturday 7th January 2012, 12:30
I actually like it mate but please stick to your current car mate she is a beast and i liked it when i saw her at yorkshire race way

I've been in it mate, awesome car and its still got the Volvo refinement. That's not common with such a highly tuned car and a credit to its owner.

T5frankie
Saturday 7th January 2012, 12:31
get a v70r now your a family man

Porcine_Aviator
Saturday 7th January 2012, 12:42
I do want a V70R mate, but the C70 would be for the Mrs.

She will not drive either of our V70's as she thinks they're just too big for her.

Mrs PA wouldn't want that it's to small :)

T4Rick
Saturday 7th January 2012, 12:54
I've been in it mate, awesome car and its still got the Volvo refinement. That's not common with such a highly tuned car and a credit to its owner.

Ive never been in it lol ive seen it and i think he change his front wheels to race?It was last yr now im hoping to go again

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 7th January 2012, 16:45
That Saffy C70 is not ME7 so would be no good to me. Nah - I am going to sell the seats I have even though they are heated & get as much spare cash together to get my new engine project off the ground.

There is probably too much to transfer to make it worthwhile. Better the betsy I know.

I was slightly smitten by the aluminum dash trim stuff - only as I know it is a real pain to swap over.

lance
Monday 9th January 2012, 10:28
Stick with Betsy then when you finally kill her get a new Focus C70 with an RS500 lump and stuff! Or maybe just buy the Aston and keep Betsy