PDA

View Full Version : what would you pay

nottsgreent5
Friday 6th January 2012, 19:53
hi all ive been offerd a red 850r estate on a p plate havent seen the car as yet but ive been told by the owner its got light damage to the front bonnet ok slam panel cracked head light damaged wing bent has 4 new perrili pzero think they were put on before it had a bump engines tappety 198k sure its been stood around two years got the cream trim and its auto no t&t havent made him an offer yet beenn told its all straight apart from the damage any ideas of its worth im thinking 400ish tops or am i way out?

Volvostorm
Friday 6th January 2012, 19:56
Seems a fair price that, could try and be cheeky and bid under ;)

LiamT4
Friday 6th January 2012, 19:57
About that, it may be worth more in parts, but if its been stood that long, it could need a lot of work.

nottsgreent5
Friday 6th January 2012, 20:00
thats what im thinking fancy a project just not a endless money pit lol

jayeastanglia
Friday 6th January 2012, 20:02
also ask if it was paid out for by insurance company if so what catagory is it as cat D is ok cat C will be subject to a vic check..cat a and b will only be for parts only and can only be bought by traders.... if its not be claimed then even better but make sure inner wings are all ok...........but even so £400 is ok for it even if u break it up but always bid less £300 will be better..

claymore
Friday 6th January 2012, 20:02
I wouldn't fancy driving on them tyres if the car's been stood for two years

nottsgreent5
Friday 6th January 2012, 20:03
its from up your way liam the guy use to work at corperation road just around corner from you lol

Volvostorm
Friday 6th January 2012, 20:03
You really can't lose on it, its either a simple job to put it back on the road, or, it will break.

One thing, all the damaged panels are bolt on :)

foammanmark
Friday 6th January 2012, 20:04
I don't know if you can really compare my 97 p1 V70 T5 with the car you're thinking about, but I paid £750 with 157k on the clock. Titans put £200 on that price, so it was £550, with no damage except for a hole in a headlight. Needed a service/PCV and cambelt but that was pretty much it.

I'm thinking £400 is on the high side.

nottsgreent5
Friday 6th January 2012, 20:05
also ask if it was paid out for by insurance company if so what catagory is it as cat D is ok cat C will be subject to a vic check..cat a and b will only be for parts only and can only be bought by traders.... if its not be claimed then even better but make sure inner wings are all ok...........but even so £400 is ok for it even if u break it up but always bid less £300 will be better..

its unrecorded told me its got hpi sheet with it thats all clear

Kingsford G
Friday 6th January 2012, 20:06
It will take alot of money get it sorted.I have saloon one 50k miles hlm304 and she is if not faster than no slower than my s70r rica310.£1400 c/belt w/pump service all done just now.long t&t

nottsgreent5
Friday 6th January 2012, 20:07
im going to pop have a look on sunday and ill let you all know the out come thanks for all the advice guys

nottsgreent5
Friday 6th January 2012, 20:11
It will take alot of money get it sorted.I have saloon one 50k miles hlm304 and she is if not faster than no slower than my s70r rica310.£1400 c/belt w/pump service all done just now.long t&t

it will make it abit cheaper to get right because ive got a complete car as well that has all gud panels and is mecanicley sound apart from the bottom end lol

LiamT4
Friday 6th January 2012, 20:17
its from up your way liam the guy use to work at corperation road just around corner from you lol

Don't get many performance volvos round here, so if i'd seen it i should remember it, but if its been off the road for a while i could have missed it.
Did he live in leicester or just work here?

mrsdazab
Friday 6th January 2012, 20:22
i'd give him just over scrap value for it its no t&t damaged and tappety and been stood you might end up getting it and it going to the scrapper anyway so i'd offer just over scrap at least you know then that your not out of pocket if its a tipper :)

hi all ive been offerd a red 850r estate on a p plate havent seen the car as yet but ive been told by the owner its got light damage to the front bonnet ok slam panel cracked head light damaged wing bent has 4 new perrili pzero think they were put on before it had a bump engines tappety 198k sure its been stood around two years got the cream trim and its auto no t&t havent made him an offer yet beenn told its all straight apart from the damage any ideas of its worth im thinking 400ish tops or am i way out?

nottsgreent5
Friday 6th January 2012, 20:23
as far as i can tell he lives near there but the cars parked on his dads farm at sielby

nottsgreent5
Sunday 8th January 2012, 14:14
bit of a update been for a look and its a bit of a basket case slam panels gone rads bust its been stood that long the roofs gone white needs a lot of work offererd him 350 for it so im just waiting for a yes or a no lol

lance
Monday 9th January 2012, 10:19
Scrap value is all its worth at the moment

Nealevo
Monday 9th January 2012, 10:29
If you buy and decide to break it can i possibly had a wheel if volan, trying to replace my buckled one is becoming a nightmare :-)

nottsgreent5
Monday 9th January 2012, 12:51
Will keep you updated ive not had a reply from him yet

dalhousie2008
Monday 9th January 2012, 15:08
yeah 3-400 seems about right.