PDA

View Full Version : stuck head light wipers

KARL
Monday 22nd August 2005, 11:17
Hi all

My head light wipers have gone a bit crazy !

Noticed the right hand one stuck in the up position , then the left one stopped

operating completly. Had a little play with them , now the left hand one tried to

push my bumper to the ground causing a little "nik" in the plastic

I have got the left one back to its normal rest position , but the right is still stuck

pointing to the moon and will not move!

Can any body direct me to a fix , before I bust them with my fat fingers

Thanks guys

98 V70 R AWD

Darren
Monday 22nd August 2005, 22:51
Have had a similar problem with the one on my o/s headlamp, works fine but sits in differnt position when ignition is turned off, more concerned about some little begger yanking it off when it sits vertical hanging over the bonnet. Is there a cure?

p fandango
Monday 22nd August 2005, 23:56
Hi all

My head light wipers have gone a bit crazy !

Noticed the right hand one stuck in the up position , then the left one stopped

operating completly. Had a little play with them , now the left hand one tried to

push my bumper to the ground causing a little "nik" in the plastic

I have got the left one back to its normal rest position , but the right is still stuck

pointing to the moon and will not move!

Can any body direct me to a fix , before I bust them with my fat fingers

Thanks guys

98 V70 R AWD
one of the one's on my 850 broke & wouldn't move, i took the wiper & motor assembly out & the plastic casing holding the mechanism together had split so none of the cogs were in contact anymore (can you still hear the motor trying?). I decided to bin the wipers & blank off the holes but its not as easy to do on the V70 but you could try Salvo for a replacement

vt5
Thursday 25th August 2005, 22:21
Chances are the motor is buggered. Remove the wiper arm and refit it onto the splines in the correct position, so at least it look ok. disconnect the wiring connector so they dont operate until you get them fixed.