PDA

View Full Version : A question of wheels P1/P2 V70.

foammanmark
Wednesday 4th January 2012, 17:39
I would like to swap my 17" Volvo graphites from my P2 to the P1, which are running on 225/45 tyres. The P1 T5 Titans are 17" with 215/45 tyres, which I will sell and put my P2 back onto it's standard wheels( which I'm under pressure to remove from the outhouse).

Before I attempt the swap over, is there any reason please, why it wouldn't work?

daza-b
Wednesday 4th January 2012, 17:42
I would like to swap my 17" Volvo graphites from my P2 to the P1, which are running on 225/45 tyres. The P1 T5 Titans are 17" with 215/45 tyres, which I will sell and put my P2 back onto it's standard wheels( which I'm under pressure to remove from the outhouse).

Before I attempt the swap over, is there any reason please, why it wouldn't work?

volvo wheels are volvo wheels bud lol it aint lowered so the little extra width wont make a difference :)

foammanmark
Wednesday 4th January 2012, 17:45
Thanks mate, and the Titans with excellent tyres will be for sale shortly then. They definitely need a good refurb with one being particularly bad in terms of 'flaking'. I just need to buy a set of tyres for the P2 rims now.

daza-b
Wednesday 4th January 2012, 17:48
Thanks mate, and the Titans with excellent tyres will be for sale shortly then. They definitely need a good refurb with one being particularly bad in terms of 'flaking'. I just need to buy a set of tyres for the P2 rims now.

how much u wanting for them?

T5frankie
Wednesday 4th January 2012, 17:49
what do the graphites look like i cant imagine they are as nice as titans

foammanmark
Wednesday 4th January 2012, 17:50
how much u wanting for them?

PM'd.

Kingsford G
Wednesday 4th January 2012, 17:50
I had p2 on my p1 and it was rubbing the front arches.Put them on and c if the rub.

daza-b
Wednesday 4th January 2012, 17:51
PM'd.

have you??? lol

Dan850r
Wednesday 4th January 2012, 18:01
If they rub on full lock cant you put a different colour spacer on the control arm? Got it in my head there off a c70but could be wrong

foammanmark
Wednesday 4th January 2012, 18:03
what do the graphites look like i cant imagine they are as nice as titans

These are the rims on the P2. It may be a case of swap 2 over and decide from there. See I bought the graphites before I came on here and bought the P1 T5, and I was trying to make the P2 a bit sportier.

foammanmark
Wednesday 4th January 2012, 18:05
have you??? lol

Patience my friend! Is that a sign of quitting smoking, chasing me already?

volvo
Wednesday 4th January 2012, 18:06
i reckon those titans are one of the better rims for your car/colour....just my opinion though mate!

daza-b
Wednesday 4th January 2012, 18:09
Patience my friend! Is that a sign of quitting smoking, chasing me already?

lol probably lol but i do agree with volvo also...

foammanmark
Wednesday 4th January 2012, 18:12
i reckon those titans are one of the better rims for your car/colour....just my opinion though mate!

Thanks Qady. I think I need to swap 2 over and then make the decision. I was going to have them refurbed and go dark with the colour. Have you seen the tints that Dazab did on the car?

I could even keep the Titans on the P2, but keep them silverish.

T5frankie
Wednesday 4th January 2012, 18:13
These are the rims on the P2. It may be a case of swap 2 over and decide from there. See I bought the graphites before I came on here and bought the P1 T5, and I was trying to make the P2 a bit sportier.

sorry mate but keep the titans on the phase 1 ffs lol and sell them graphites

foammanmark
Wednesday 4th January 2012, 18:20
sorry mate but keep the titans on the phase 1 ffs lol and sell them graphites

Idea! If I've nothing better to do on Friday afternoon, then I'll swap 2 over, post the picys, and get your opinions then. It's something that I've got in me head, and I'll have to try it or it'll bug me.

T5frankie
Wednesday 4th January 2012, 18:22
Idea! If I've nothing better to do on Friday afternoon, then I'll swap 2 over, post the picys, and get your opinions then. It's something that I've got in me head, and I'll have to try it or it'll bug me.

ill tell you now not one person will say the graphites look better than the titans

daza-b
Wednesday 4th January 2012, 18:23
ill tell you now not one person will say the graphites look better than the titans

ill go with that one :D

foammanmark
Wednesday 4th January 2012, 18:26

OK thanks and I'm sure that you're right. It's a good refurb for the Titans then. Need someone close to Blackburn ideally, if anyone can recommend someone please?

daza-b
Wednesday 4th January 2012, 18:27
OK thanks and I'm sure that you're right. It's a good refurb for the Titans then. Need someone close to Blackburn ideally, if anyone can recommend someone please?

i dont know anyone down that way anymore...

volvo
Wednesday 4th January 2012, 18:41
Mark...are you refurbing the titans cos of that 1 bad rim? If you are, i have a spare rim i dont mind swapping with you and i THINK its the same colour. We can just do a straight swap if you want as mine will be used for spare anyway...and you can have your front grill too....sorry just havnt broken that v70 yet mate but the grill has your name on it!

Cheers

foammanmark
Wednesday 4th January 2012, 19:00
Mark...are you refurbing the titans cos of that 1 bad rim? If you are, i have a spare rim i dont mind swapping with you and i THINK its the same colour. We can just do a straight swap if you want as mine will be used for spare anyway...and you can have your front grill too....sorry just havnt broken that v70 yet mate but the grill has your name on it!

Cheers

Mainly for that reason, as I think the other 3 wheels aren't too bad. I haven't had chance to wash them yet cos of relentless crap weather up here, so haven't seen them when clean yet. If the spare rim is better and the right colour, then that would be great, and I might be able to get down late Jan/early Feb to do the swap.

volvo
Wednesday 4th January 2012, 19:06
its the darker shade of the 2 grey colours they normally come in, if that helps?

foammanmark
Wednesday 4th January 2012, 20:25
Thanks, but I'm going to have them refurbed anyways, so I may as well just pay a bit extra for the worst one. I am going to have them graphite though to contrast with the silver. Still buy that grille when available please!

volvo
Wednesday 4th January 2012, 20:29
ok sure, no worries Mark