PDA

View Full Version : Volvo 850 what mods

endo-t5
Monday 2nd January 2012, 23:09
I want to mod my 850 t5 as looking for 300-350 bhp but don't want something that is dead laggy so just wondering what turbo, injectors, etc and thinking of doing the rods anyway as want something reliable and will be used for day to day driving a lot of town driving with some fast road use and possibly couple of track days. Is it worth thinking of going turbo tuner route or just go for a hlm in my ecu. I will be making a 3" dp and new exhaust for it soon.
still running on 15g turbo so looking at what is best to go to for the power.
Mods at the mo are MBC, RIP kit, K&N panel filter with 90mm cold air feed pipe and drilled air box, going to build a 70mm intake pipe from maf to turbo.
I know there's gt series, kkk, td04 in 16t,18t,19t, but what is best for type of driving I do.

Dan850r
Monday 2nd January 2012, 23:18
Read the " if your thinking of tuning" post mate, plenty of info in there. Sort out stopping and going round corners first tho if i was you.

bigrotch
Monday 2nd January 2012, 23:22
dont bother with 16t unless u go hybrid 16t otherwise 18t -19t pos kkk k24 blue- green injectors remap etc

endo-t5
Monday 2nd January 2012, 23:23
I'm already on the case of lowering and new dampers all round and getting rid of the nivo's and going to upgrade to 302's. I've read that a while back but was looking at what people have done and what it's like to live with on a daily basis.

endo-t5
Monday 2nd January 2012, 23:26
what about the 470cc from astra vxr as will need to get adjustable fpr to run greens as only got 3.0bar reg.

Dan850r
Monday 2nd January 2012, 23:26
dont bother with 16t unless u go hybrid 16t otherwise 18t -19t pos kkk k24 blue- green injectors remap etc

Did you find a 16t an improvement over a 15g? Mines pretty tired at 180k but it still flies? Got "volvo" getting me a 16t hopefully soon

bigrotch
Monday 2nd January 2012, 23:29
i done on my old car
rip kit
white injectors
decat
bsr induction kit
walbra
16t
304 hlm
302mm
40mm lowered etcetc there was more but cant remember it was pretty nippy but was happy with the diff from my 15g to 16t thats why im goin kkk blues and R manifold 3" d pipe and custom map on my new 850 ill let ya know how it gos...
dont get me wrong there was a difference but not what i wanted it had a stronger pull but i want/wanted the feeling ya guts are getting pushed out ya ass lol

Dan850r
Monday 2nd January 2012, 23:36
Lol at the last sentance, i wouldnt bother changing the turbo but 2 of the 3 bolts have snapped on the downpipe!

bigrotch
Monday 2nd January 2012, 23:40
Lol at the last sentance, i wouldnt bother changing the turbo but 2 of the 3 bolts have snapped on the downpipe!

ouch if ya cant get them out ive got a decat of cat down pipe will have to see which one as ive got to custom my 3" when it arrives to fit 850 wont want alot mate if that helps

Dan850r
Monday 2nd January 2012, 23:50
Its been like that fora couple of thousand now, plenty of exhaust putty! The down pipes ok it bust off in the housing after decatting it, anoyingly after id put the engine back in from the manual swap. But thanks anyway. Is the 16t downpipe the same as the 15g as long as its straight flange?

bigrotch
Monday 2nd January 2012, 23:58
yes mate mine is

smithy
Tuesday 3rd January 2012, 10:50
I want to mod my 850 t5 as looking for 300-350 bhp but don't want something that is dead laggy so just wondering what turbo, injectors, etc and thinking of doing the rods anyway as want something reliable and will be used for day to day driving a lot of town driving with some fast road use and possibly couple of track days. Is it worth thinking of going turbo tuner route or just go for a hlm in my ecu. I will be making a 3" dp and new exhaust for it soon.
still running on 15g turbo so looking at what is best to go to for the power.
Mods at the mo are MBC, RIP kit, K&N panel filter with 90mm cold air feed pipe and drilled air box, going to build a 70mm intake pipe from maf to turbo.
I know there's gt series, kkk, td04 in 16t,18t,19t, but what is best for type of driving I do.

the first question is what is your budget and is it whp or clutch bhp 300 to 350 .

endo-t5
Tuesday 3rd January 2012, 15:17
clutch bhp and no real budget as cheap as possible but don't mind spending a bit more as want it reliable and can do most things as done mechanics for over 20 years.

smithy
Tuesday 3rd January 2012, 17:50
clutch bhp and no real budget as cheap as possible but don't mind spending a bit more as want it reliable and can do most things as done mechanics for over 20 years.

you have choice mate you can go 19t with a bigger 20g wheel or kkk24 or similar ,3in exhaust ,ally intercooler ,3intb and piping to suit,vxr injectors or greens s60r ,and a good custom map that lot should push you to that power goal.and that then will be pushing the standard rods to the max.but if you go for rods and piustons then the turbo range does increase alot.