PDA

View Full Version : big boost problem

theflyingbrick
Saturday 31st December 2011, 12:40
its been like it for a while now but i think its time to get it all sorted while im doing other work aswell,basically ive no problem boosting upto 20psi but it immediatly drops to 10 psi any ideas??

spec :
hlm 304 remap
mbc
recirc removed and blanking plate fitted
de-cat straight through exhaust
green cone filter!!
and nearly fitted n/a cams ;)

not much but thought id let you all know so you can make an educated guess as to what the problem might be :)

smithy
Saturday 31st December 2011, 12:49
check for a split around the idle control pipe to the tb pipe very common.and also sounds like your actutor might be shot.turn the boost down to 15 psi and see if it does the same mate.if its not them too jack the front car up on stands ,secure the car properly and then get someone to drive the car under boost and checks for leaks that way.BUT secure the car properly

deathrider311271
Saturday 31st December 2011, 12:52
faulty mbc, faulty actuator, vacume leak?

Niles
Saturday 31st December 2011, 12:56
blanking plate sealing properly?

theflyingbrick
Saturday 31st December 2011, 13:24
cheers fellas,i already changed the icv hose courtesy of niles ;) i also have a new mbc thats going on,once its all put back together ill try it out turn down the boost and try it out,so if it holds a lower psi would you say actuator is weak??

T5frankie
Saturday 31st December 2011, 14:40
dont run it at 20psi anyway mate too much

theflyingbrick
Saturday 31st December 2011, 15:27
dont run it at 20psi anyway mate too much

yeah so ive been told :mischievo but where it drops instantly i never really worried about it!! once i get it sorted ill aim for conservative 17/18 psi ;)

bigrotch
Saturday 31st December 2011, 15:35
Hope ya get to it's sorted mate I don't want no excuses from ya why I wheels spun past u pmsl on a serious side hope it all gos well mate

theflyingbrick
Saturday 31st December 2011, 15:44
Hope ya get to it's sorted mate I don't want no excuses from ya why I wheels spun past u pmsl on a serious side hope it all gos well mate

ill get it sorted mate just need to get back to work and get some money in the bank!! the down side to being self employed no work no pay....i bloody hate christmas lol hows yours looking have you got your racist turbo yet??

bigrotch
Saturday 31st December 2011, 16:12
Haha not yet turning up on the 4th with the R manifold and down pipe!which I'll have to custom to fit the850... Clutch is goin in on the following weekend then I'll start mocking up the turbo on my other lump so I know ive got all the oil feeds correct etc as its not a straight forward swap bit I will get there aventully... Will be good to catch up once all is done lol ;) have a good one fella as my 2nd lager is goin down very nicely lol