PDA

View Full Version : Car Alarm Installation.......HELP!!

daza-b
Friday 30th December 2011, 17:56
Hi i have got a remote start car alarm system, not that clued up on them, well the remote start part, does anyone know where i can get wiring diagrams for volvos for the installation? thanks in advance :)

brett5
Monday 21st May 2012, 08:14
did you have any joy with the remote start mate? ive got a chart that tells ya where to pick up wires, ive just put a clifford alarm on my 850 but cant get it to lock for some reason

Brett855tdi
Wednesday 23rd May 2012, 22:01
Hi i have got a remote start car alarm system, not that clued up on them, well the remote start part, does anyone know where i can get wiring diagrams for volvos for the installation? thanks in advance :)

I've been looking at the same mod, apparently most cars with a transponder chipped key will need a "by-pass module" for the remote start to work past the immobilizer.

Harvey
Wednesday 23rd May 2012, 22:06
or just tape the chip to the receiver ,don't think insurance would like it.

Brett855tdi
Wednesday 23rd May 2012, 22:14
or just tape the chip to the receiver ,don't think insurance would like it.

That is one way to do it lol
I guess its not such a bad idea if the new alarm comes with its own immobilizer to keep it safe.

brett5
Thursday 24th May 2012, 10:15
yeah that is what ive done it was hard to get another key cut without a chip in though lol

Brett855tdi
Thursday 24th May 2012, 13:13
yeah that is what ive done it was hard to get another key cut without a chip in though lol

I have a little friend who can sort keys if anyone needs any help, but has to do the newer chips through work for the module reprogramming.... keys without a chip would be very easy ;)