PDA

View Full Version : BCS Pipes

Volvostorm
Friday 30th December 2011, 11:44
Might be me being thick! :P

Do I have to connect the pipe from the standard BCS to the turbo intake?

Niles
Friday 30th December 2011, 11:48
simple answer. Yes i would. BCS middle nipple to the intake top nipple.

Volvostorm
Friday 30th December 2011, 11:58
Ok, I'll have to fit one then, the new intake pipe only has one take off at the moment, was going to use that for the vacuum feed for the PCV.

Niles
Friday 30th December 2011, 12:12
you should have the PTC element with the nipple at the bottom. It has a 6mm nipple for the pcv system to connect to it. My car has that blanked off and No dump valve.
My BCS is connected as it should be. Bottom BCS nipple to the turbo compressor housing nipple. Middle to the intake pipe and top to the actuator.

Volvostorm
Friday 30th December 2011, 12:45
you should have the PTC element with the nipple at the bottom. It has a 6mm nipple for the pcv system to connect to it. My car has that blanked off and No dump valve.
My BCS is connected as it should be. Bottom BCS nipple to the turbo compressor housing nipple. Middle to the intake pipe and top to the actuator.

Mine isn't using the stock intake intake pipe, it doesn't fit my turbo! I'm using a Garrett

Got no hole for the PTC either, not running a dump valve too, got a re-circ valve from near the throttle body back into the turbo intake

theflyingbrick
Friday 30th December 2011, 13:52
so if you dont use bcs and just use mbc would the boost drop off pretty sharpish i.e boost to 20 psi then straight down to 10?

bigrotch
Friday 30th December 2011, 13:58
Nope it will hold boost mate if u drop like that yr recirc valve I'd shot or vac leak but if ya got a vac leak u be locky to boost 20 psi.., I've got a blank plate on and can boost solid 17/18psi with no drop barn the clutch lol

Volvostorm
Friday 30th December 2011, 19:08
I have a choice, I can either use the BCS controlled by the turbo tuner ECU, or I have an Apecxi ACVR electronic boost controller, at the moment I'm favouring using the BCS, until the engine is run in, and mapped

My re-circ it not part of my turbo either, I have a Garrett GT3071R on mine

theflyingbrick
Friday 30th December 2011, 23:52
Nope it will hold boost mate if u drop like that yr recirc valve I'd shot or vac leak but if ya got a vac leak u be locky to boost 20 psi.., I've got a blank plate on and can boost solid 17/18psi with no drop barn the clutch lol

recirc removed mate ive a blanking plate in its place,oh well, ill stop hijacking this thread now maybe post up a new one ;)