PDA

View Full Version : n/a cam timing on a 850 t5

theflyingbrick
Thursday 29th December 2011, 01:07
right im gonna attempt the swap over tommorow!! i have no problem swapping the n/a cams for my standard t5 items i think ive got it sussed (time will soon tell) but i hear the timing is different,so what will happen if fit the n/a cams and use the origanal timing marks?? is it vital to adjust the timing as i havent got a timing tool,and im not sure what one id need,ive seen all different types!! would a timing disk be ok?? does anyone have experience with this mod that could maybe shed some light on the subject :confused: any advice would be great :)

p fandango
Thursday 29th December 2011, 07:26
N/A intake cam must be retarded by 4 degrees.

N/A exhaust cam must be advanced by 5 degrees.

LINK (http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showpost.php?p=436758&postcount=26)

theflyingbrick
Thursday 29th December 2011, 11:41
thanks mr fandango :)

Niles
Thursday 29th December 2011, 11:45
no thanks to me then??!! lmao!

Niles
Thursday 29th December 2011, 11:46
right im gonna attempt the swap over tommorow!! i have no problem swapping the n/a cams for my standard t5 items i think ive got it sussed (time will soon tell) but i hear the timing is different,so what will happen if fit the n/a cams and use the origanal timing marks?? is it vital to adjust the timing as i havent got a timing tool,and im not sure what one id need,ive seen all different types!! would a timing disk be ok?? does anyone have experience with this mod that could maybe shed some light on the subject :confused: any advice would be great :)

ipd cam timing tool. cost appx 32 delivered from European tuning. The only tool I'd use!!!

theflyingbrick
Thursday 29th December 2011, 11:54
no thanks to me then??!! lmao!

lol i didnt even realise at first glance,but ive just re read so thanks niles much appreciated :)

right now im gonna ask probably the stupidest question!! regarding the timing couldnt i just turn the cams in conjunction with the notches on the belt!! coz if the timing puts the pulleys so they dont sit in the grooves then they will have to move slightly to accomdate,is there not some tolerance with the timing??

Chaki
Saturday 17th October 2015, 13:27
Sorry for awaking an old thread but im confused and could not find any answer...

Im drivig 855 with B5204T (2.0 t5) and i have NA cams BUT previous owner told me its timed bu the marks...so it means they timed it standard. Car runs fine but im wondering is it ok to time na cams in 0 ? Whats happening in my engine right now when the timinig is 0? Thanks!

EDIT:

P.S. Is it better to put back my stock t5 cams than to run NA cams in 0 ?