PDA

View Full Version : S60R advice please

cragmaz
Tuesday 27th December 2011, 19:57
Hi all,and xmas greetings to everyone,

In the near future i am considering hunting down a S60R, but could do with a bit of buying / owning advice if anyone can help please.

so firstly, what is the real world performance like? (acceleration, motorway speeds, cruising, MPG etc,etc) performance wise, i would expect it to be awesome, as my RICA`D 2.0T is quick.

Has anyone got one running a remap?, and what are the gains?
Are they ok milage wise? (my s60 has done 161k, and is spot on!)
what, if any are the common faults?
is the 4wd system reliable?

i have a budget of about 8k, and obviously dont want to end up with a dog, i already have owned 2 fast volvo`s,(a 300bhp heavily modded 855, and my current RICA`d S60 2.0.T,) and am familiar with the quality of the cars, but the R is the car of my dreams, so any advice and help is very much appreciated.
Thanks in advance, and hope you all have a happy new year!!!

Craig

Al115
Tuesday 27th December 2011, 21:33
Did you already read the buyer's guide on here?

Al115
Tuesday 27th December 2011, 21:34
Here's the link for you:

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38745

foammanmark
Tuesday 27th December 2011, 21:41
Not wanting to state the obvious, but in my experience with Volvos, no matter what the mileage, so long as you have decent history, a 'dog' is hard to come by. With your sort of budget, I'm sure you'll be able to find a really good motor, and I wish you the best of luck in finding one. To buy one through the forum would be good, but I don't know if there are any up for grabs?

cragmaz
Tuesday 27th December 2011, 21:44
thanx for the info guys