PDA

View Full Version : Charcoal canister bypass/removal

mitchyboy01
Tuesday 27th December 2011, 12:15
Hi guys, I'm fitting a return fuel line on my S40 T4 and was thinking of using the existing line back to the tank from the charcoal canister. Can I bypass the canister or will this cause me problems? I understand it's only for purging fuel vapour anyway so I can't see it being a major problem. Any help appreciated guys. Thanks, Mitch.

p fandango
Tuesday 27th December 2011, 13:23
mines gone from BT, but can't remember what i did to bypass it

merc85
Tuesday 27th December 2011, 17:55
mines gone from BT, but can't remember what i did to bypass it

Cant you find out lol i want it gone, less weight as you are well aware lol

T4Rick
Wednesday 28th December 2011, 15:07
i removed mine and i have no issues.I did get an error code but i erased it.If you want a return fuel line get one from the n/a volvo s40 they have one fitted std

p fandango
Wednesday 28th December 2011, 15:10
Cant you find out lol i want it gone, less weight as you are well aware lol
i can't even remeber how the system went let alone what i've binned. Sure theirs a plastic pipe which i removed upto what i think was the car flip valve. Thats all i remember, Dory from finding Nemo's got a better memory than me sorry

mitchyboy01
Wednesday 28th December 2011, 15:22
Hi guys, thanks. I've now decided to run an extra 8mm fuel hose to the fuel rail and leave the charcoal as it is. Pyaap said people have had problems using the charcoal pipe as a return. Just waiting for the tig welder to do weld on my fuel rail unions now!

p fandango
Wednesday 28th December 2011, 15:29
Hi guys, thanks. I've now decided to run an extra 8mm fuel hose to the fuel rail and leave the charcoal as it is. Pyaap said people have had problems using the charcoal pipe as a return. Just waiting for the tig welder to do weld on my fuel rail unions now!
hmm really got me baffled what i did with mine now, i removed pipes not added any lol

T4Rick
Wednesday 28th December 2011, 15:43
hmm really got me baffled what i did with mine now, i removed pipes not added any lol

Your on it every day mate how can you for get lol

p fandango
Wednesday 28th December 2011, 15:45
Your on it every day mate how can you for get lol
the carbon canister made it to the bin about 3-4years ago while she was still my everyday car, & i can't remember what i had for breakfast yesterday lol

T4Rick
Sunday 1st January 2012, 19:51
the carbon canister made it to the bin about 3-4years ago while she was still my everyday car, & i can't remember what i had for breakfast yesterday lol

you must be a busy man to forget what you had yesterday lol

p fandango
Sunday 1st January 2012, 19:53
you must be a busy man to forget what you had yesterday lol
quite the opposite, i've just got no memory lol

mitchyboy01
Sunday 1st January 2012, 20:06

I'm only adding a pipe for a fuel return mate. Standard T4s don't have a return.

p fandango
Sunday 1st January 2012, 20:08
I'm only adding a pipe for a fuel return mate. Standard T4s don't have a return.
ah i thought you'd got a proper Volvo ;) lol

mitchyboy01
Sunday 1st January 2012, 20:11
ah i thought you'd got a proper Volvo ;) lol

I have a Mitsi Carisma with a Real Volvo engine lol. I'm halfway there!!

p fandango
Sunday 1st January 2012, 20:18
I have a Mitsi Carisma with a Real Volvo engine lol. I'm halfway there!!
could be worse, could have a F*rd with a Volvo engine :(