PDA

View Full Version : Standard double din in a P1 V70 T5

I want a T5
Monday 26th December 2011, 11:15
If I take out the CD player and disconnect it from the power, I guess I will need to re enter the security code.

Does anyone know if the code is generally written on the CD player itself as I have no info on the code with what little paperwork I recieved.

I guess if it isn't, a call to the local dealer will give me the code.

Thanks chaps.

Al115
Monday 26th December 2011, 14:37
No it's not - that would defeat the point of the code!!!

daza-b
Monday 26th December 2011, 14:53
If I take out the CD player and disconnect it from the power, I guess I will need to re enter the security code.

Does anyone know if the code is generally written on the CD player itself as I have no info on the code with what little paperwork I recieved.

I guess if it isn't, a call to the local dealer will give me the code.

Thanks chaps.

i could sell u mine, its got a code ;) haha im getting a new dvd player for mine :D

I want a T5
Tuesday 27th December 2011, 09:58
i could sell u mine, its got a code ;) haha im getting a new dvd player for mine :D

Thanks but no thanks!

I got a beautiful Alpine 7998R going in shortly!

I want a T5
Tuesday 27th December 2011, 09:59
No it's not - that would defeat the point of the code!!!

I guess you are right but my previous wagin *Renault Megane Scenic, had the code on a Renault lable stuck to the chassis!

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 27th December 2011, 11:11
I think if you have the V5 & some identification you can get the code from the main dealer. When I used to run the HU801 in Betsy - that is how I got mine. Plus many times the code is stickered on to the unit itself (I realise this is not clever).

The Flying Moose
Tuesday 27th December 2011, 11:41
Further to Daves comment in the past whenever I have needed a radio code I have rang my local main dealer and told them I "lost it". Provide them the Registration number over the phone and they have told me it there and then.

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 27th December 2011, 12:09
perhaps V5 is not even necessary.