PDA

View Full Version : in car noise of my "R"

T5frankie
Sunday 25th December 2011, 18:08
fast forward to 1 minute when music stops (i know i know)lol and 4.10 for full boost sound turn it up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7vOmt6RbXI

smithson007
Sunday 25th December 2011, 18:39
Good taste in music there mate. Cant beat a bit of lisa lashes. LOL. Car sounds good. Similar to myne just myne not quite as loud. Might try do a vid of myne.

T5frankie
Sunday 25th December 2011, 18:44
Good taste in music there mate. Cant beat a bit of lisa lashes. LOL. Car sounds good. Similar to myne just myne not quite as loud. Might try do a vid of myne.

good spotting at the lisa lashes mate lol

smithson007
Sunday 25th December 2011, 18:48
good spotting at the lisa lashes mate lol

Ive got the very same tune in my car too. Lol. Good sort of music to listen to when your driving especially with the sub cranked up.

T5frankie
Sunday 25th December 2011, 18:50
Ive got the very same tune in my car too. Lol. Good sort of music to listen to when your driving especially with the sub cranked up.

ive got a massive jbl amp and sub and i listen to spotify through my car stereo where i can get every tune ever made

smithson007
Sunday 25th December 2011, 18:58
Im just running one of those vibe 12'' sub/amp packages. Think its like a 400 watt amp. Still fairly loud. Loud enough to worry the young boys at the traffic lights with there 6x9's in the parcel shelf that are about to blow up. Lol.
Then just leave them at the lights as theyre trying to keep up.

T5frankie
Sunday 25th December 2011, 19:01
Im just running one of those vibe 12'' sub/amp packages. Think its like a 400 watt amp. Still fairly loud. Loud enough to worry the young boys at the traffic lights with there 6x9's in the parcel shelf that are about to blow up. Lol.
Then just leave them at the lights as theyre trying to keep up.

saying that i have a 12" vibe too, i recently sold a box with 2 x 15" alpine subs in couldn't get them to run right

smithson007
Sunday 25th December 2011, 19:05
saying that i have a 12" vibe too, i recently sold a box with 2 x 15" alpine subs in couldn't get them to run right

Yes a thought you had a 12'' vibe in your 850. What amp were you running the Alpine's off?

p fandango
Sunday 25th December 2011, 19:08
i've got 3 x Vibe 12's in Bonny, not overly impressed with them tbh. Theirs no pressure to them. Not got enough height in the boot to get 15's :(

smithson007
Sunday 25th December 2011, 19:11
i've got 3 x Vibe 12's in Bonny, not overly impressed with them tbh. Theirs no pressure to them. Not got enough height in the boot to get 15's :(

A was wondering how you were getting on with them. Are they all run in now?

p fandango
Sunday 25th December 2011, 19:19
A was wondering how you were getting on with them. Are they all run in now?
i wasn't very easy on them from the off tbh, the boxes are currently in the garage because of all the Christmas delivering & i really have missed them. I was expecting more pressure & feel out of them, i'm going to try & fettle the boxes a bit more & see if that improves them

T5frankie
Sunday 25th December 2011, 19:33
Yes a thought you had a 12'' vibe in your 850. What amp were you running the Alpine's off?

got a see through jbl amp running them, should check the power really

AndysR
Sunday 25th December 2011, 20:01
Sounds good although you definately need to get it mapped... Your going to hate me for saying this but I think it looks a little slow.. :jaw:

Also get yourself a thermostat thrashing your engine when it never reaches operating temperature is never a good thing ;)

T5frankie
Sunday 25th December 2011, 20:23
Sounds good although you definately need to get it mapped... Your going to hate me for saying this but I think it looks a little slow.. :jaw:

Also get yourself a thermostat thrashing your engine when it never reaches operating temperature is never a good thing ;)

well i did sell my ecu mate

M-R-P
Sunday 25th December 2011, 20:31
Engine sounds gorgeous Frankie, not sure about the music tho ;)
As Andy said, looks a little slow (after 90, 50-100 looks goood tho).

Excellent use of a "private road" :)

T5frankie
Sunday 25th December 2011, 20:35
Engine sounds gorgeous Frankie, not sure about the music tho ;)
As Andy said, looks a little slow (after 90, 50-100 looks goood tho).

Excellent use of a "private road" :)

it wasnt a out and out speed test

M-R-P
Sunday 25th December 2011, 20:38
Fair enough mate. Looks nice n quick.

smithson007
Sunday 25th December 2011, 20:47

Myne runs at that temperature all the time apart from when im stood still in traffic.

smithson007
Sunday 25th December 2011, 20:51
i wasn't very easy on them from the off tbh, the boxes are currently in the garage because of all the Christmas delivering & i really have missed them. I was expecting more pressure & feel out of them, i'm going to try & fettle the boxes a bit more & see if that improves them

My vibe which looks the same as those that you have is real good sound quality. You can get some real good punchy bass out of it.
Im going to get myself another to run with it just for the crack.

merc85
Sunday 25th December 2011, 20:52
Myne runs at that temperature all the time apart from when im stood still in traffic.

Something not right then, should be at 3 o clock position.

Check the stat buddy

smithson007
Sunday 25th December 2011, 20:57
Something not right then, should be at 3 o clock position.

Check the stat buddy

Yes ill have to check that out mate cheers. I thought it was a bit low but thought nowt of it really.

T5frankie
Monday 26th December 2011, 08:25
my temp. has run up very slowly since the new engine was put in maybe need a new stat too, i was driving flat out between 60-90 and if you look does it in 5 secs or so after that was traffic but i assure you its accerleration is relentless after 90 too

dalhousie2008
Monday 26th December 2011, 10:19
frankie why did you sell your ecu?, wasn't it the correct one for your 19t? are you just running a 310 or something

T5frankie
Monday 26th December 2011, 12:05
frankie why did you sell your ecu?, wasn't it the correct one for your 19t? are you just running a 310 or something

I sold it cos getting a custom map soon, it was a 310 map for an 18t, I just have a standard v70r ecu in at the moment.

dalhousie2008
Monday 26th December 2011, 12:24
still quick for a standard map, lot of miles if thats correct. Id be waiting for something to pop

T5frankie
Monday 26th December 2011, 15:44
still quick for a standard map, lot of miles if thats correct. Id be waiting for something to pop

Everything on my car has been renewed including engine so all good mate its well looked after

smithy
Monday 26th December 2011, 16:20
fast forward to 1 minute when music stops (i know i know)lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7vOmt6RbXI

your car is fast mate im well impressed is that your old engine or newer one

T5frankie
Monday 26th December 2011, 20:38
your car is fast mate im well impressed is that your old engine or newer one

that is the new one mate

tim15888
Monday 26th December 2011, 21:20
Dash looks like mine, fuel light and STC light always on haha. I hate the traction control, automatically turn it off every time I get in the thing.

smithy
Monday 26th December 2011, 21:31
that is the new one mate

my god that goes well must of been a good engine you had fitted ,that with the 19t mate too i cannot wait till you get the custom map on it then you need to record the track driving again mate

T5frankie
Monday 26th December 2011, 21:52
Dash looks like mine, fuel light and STC light always on haha. I hate the traction control, automatically turn it off every time I get in the thing.

it is the air bag light mate and the lambda light as have a decat, my traction control dont work never has

T5frankie
Monday 26th December 2011, 21:53
my god that goes well must of been a good engine you had fitted ,that with the 19t mate too i cannot wait till you get the custom map on it then you need to record the track driving again mate

good thing i'm on a track every day aint it? lol

smithy
Monday 26th December 2011, 23:00
yes it is mate lol

volvokid
Wednesday 28th December 2011, 23:02
Who says the AWD R's are slow after they get going, my standard R is just as fast from 60 to a 100 I had a full tank of fuel dont know how much difference that makes. I know it will be a different story after yours is mapped but you still got almost 300bhp on the R/R

T5frankie
Thursday 29th December 2011, 21:02
ff to 4.10 for full boost sound

T5frankie
Thursday 29th December 2011, 21:03
Who says the AWD R's are slow after they get going, my standard R is just as fast from 60 to a 100 I had a full tank of fuel dont know how much difference that makes. I know it will be a different story after yours is mapped but you still got almost 300bhp on the R/R

you talking about your saffy or green one?

volvokid
Thursday 29th December 2011, 23:49
the green one

smithy
Friday 30th December 2011, 09:14

thats at the flywheel its what hits the road what counts mate frankie will hate me for saying that lol.but as said before your car is fast mate.

t5_monkey
Friday 30th December 2011, 13:03
Just as an example, Santa's S60R stage 2 manual gained less speed in the 2nd half of the 1/4 mile at york than my S40.

Still would have thrashed me if we'd raced tho due to the rapid start :)

If you're doing a standing start, you want 4wd.

tim15888
Friday 30th December 2011, 15:19
Nah, only in the wet. I've smoked pleanty of 4wd cars off the line in the dry. They seem to bog down with the power sap to me. Had plenty of Audi S3 and Golf R32's. Taken on a 54 plate Impreza STI which was side by side from the lights upto about 90, twice. Must admit, I did a poo whe he rumbled up next to me, though it was going to eat me. Even dusted a Misubishi Shogun 2.5 TDI once. My oppineon is 4wd is only better off the line in the wet, and the real benafits are in the corners...

tim15888
Friday 30th December 2011, 15:33
Just add something:

Too be honest, I don't really class the Volvo T5's as a quick car, fair enough I've taken on some cars that I really shouldn't, but at the end of the day they are a big, although not rediculously heavy, lump of pig iron with too much power to put through the front wheels without trying to throw you into a hedge.

T5frankie
Friday 30th December 2011, 15:49
Just add something:

Too be honest, I don't really class the Volvo T5's as a quick car, fair enough I've taken on some cars that I really shouldn't, but at the end of the day they are a big, although not rediculously heavy, lump of pig iron with too much power to put through the front wheels without trying to throw you into a hedge.

but they are a quick car for the working classes if you dont think 160mph is fast you need a hayabusa, its like anything else it feels slow once you have had it a while my zzr1100 started feeling slow to me after a couple of weeks lol

AndysR
Friday 30th December 2011, 16:24
but they are a quick car for the working classes if you dont think 160mph is fast you need a hayabusa, its like anything else it feels slow once you have had it a while my zzr1100 started feeling slow to me after a couple of weeks lol

A couple of weeks! lol, sometimes I think you look for excuses to fault a car/bike so you can justify selling it and then get something better/different... ;)

T5frankie
Friday 30th December 2011, 16:29
A couple of weeks! lol, sometimes I think you look for excuses to fault a car/bike so you can justify selling it and then get something better/different... ;)

no mate i just have a list in my head of all the cars i could actually own and i think ive had most now lol

AndysR
Friday 30th December 2011, 16:29
no mate i just have a list in my head of all the cars i could actually own and i think ive had most now lol

Best start add to that list then or start thinking about something else to day dream about ;) lol

T5frankie
Friday 30th December 2011, 16:30
Best start add to that list then or start thinking about something else to day dream about ;) lol

yeah i want another cossie but first an e55 amg 99 plate

like this one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MERCEDES-E55-AMG-ESTATE-RARE-HENS-TEETH-5-SPEED-AUTO-SILVER-1999-V-REG-/180784241677?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2a17949c0d#ht_1335wt_1144

AndysR
Friday 30th December 2011, 16:52
yeah i want another cossie but first an e55 amg 99 plate

like this one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MERCEDES-E55-AMG-ESTATE-RARE-HENS-TEETH-5-SPEED-AUTO-SILVER-1999-V-REG-/180784241677?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2a17949c0d#ht_1335wt_1144

Nice, quality car! Someone I know used to have an E55 AMG saloon a few years back, funny as he bought it after selling a very fast Cossie! I think he got bored of the Merc, it was quick but didn't feel it like the Cossie did, and I believe he's got another Cossie now.. lol
To me the only thing that lets those E classes down is corrosion.. They suffer really bad with it, other than that nice choice :)

tim15888
Friday 30th December 2011, 16:52
There's an e55 amg on Gum tree for 1200 quid. 1998 I think. Bit of a ****ter though, at that age Mercs were really badley built and most of them are rotten now. These Volvo's are quick enough, but then again I have had it for about 2 and a half years so could be why it do't feel that quick anymore. I think I might sell mine soon though and get a BMW 540/740i. My Dad's got a 728i, 1999 and it's so nice to drive it's untrue, even though it is a big slug. My boss is going to put me through my DAS later in the year and really want a Kwak ZX10 to kill myself on. Kwaks are well known for building drama into there bikes and I like drama in a car, that's why I always like turbo's. Like it when that boost lights up the tyres. My boss has a Merc SL500, P reg from when they knew how to make cars. 335bhp and 500-odd nm torque, but that felt really heavy + slow to me when I drove it, not as quick as Volvoid anyway. I just fancy a 540i cos' they are auto matic, don't tempt you to drive fast but still probably about same speed as my Volvo. If I'm honest, the car I had that felt fastest, and probably was from 0-45 when 2nd ran out, was a 306 DT that I messed with. Boosting at 21psi and fuel turned up to match, it just left a big black cloud and smoked everything, literally. If I remember, the only car that ever beat me off the line was a beasty supercharged Shaguar. I like my Volvoid though, it's still my pride and joy but needs a few bits and bobs at the moment so slightly fallen out with her. Needs an exhaust, need to sort my startup missfire out and get the misshapen tyres on my O.Z's sorted, and then I will love her again and give her a bath! Oh yea, need to put some new subs in too, blown one of mine but got some Pioneers lined up to go in.

T5frankie
Friday 30th December 2011, 20:05
There's an e55 amg on Gum tree for 1200 quid. 1998 I think. Bit of a ****ter though, at that age Mercs were really badley built and most of them are rotten now. These Volvo's are quick enough, but then again I have had it for about 2 and a half years so could be why it do't feel that quick anymore. I think I might sell mine soon though and get a BMW 540/740i. My Dad's got a 728i, 1999 and it's so nice to drive it's untrue, even though it is a big slug. My boss is going to put me through my DAS later in the year and really want a Kwak ZX10 to kill myself on. Kwaks are well known for building drama into there bikes and I like drama in a car, that's why I always like turbo's. Like it when that boost lights up the tyres. My boss has a Merc SL500, P reg from when they knew how to make cars. 335bhp and 500-odd nm torque, but that felt really heavy + slow to me when I drove it, not as quick as Volvoid anyway. I just fancy a 540i cos' they are auto matic, don't tempt you to drive fast but still probably about same speed as my Volvo. If I'm honest, the car I had that felt fastest, and probably was from 0-45 when 2nd ran out, was a 306 DT that I messed with. Boosting at 21psi and fuel turned up to match, it just left a big black cloud and smoked everything, literally. If I remember, the only car that ever beat me off the line was a beasty supercharged Shaguar. I like my Volvoid though, it's still my pride and joy but needs a few bits and bobs at the moment so slightly fallen out with her. Needs an exhaust, need to sort my startup missfire out and get the misshapen tyres on my O.Z's sorted, and then I will love her again and give her a bath! Oh yea, need to put some new subs in too, blown one of mine but got some Pioneers lined up to go in.

i had a 540i a few months back lovely motor lots of pull no quicker than a mapped t5 though, got a link to that merc?

http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/bmw3.jpg

tim15888
Friday 30th December 2011, 21:15
Yea thought they would be about the same. Heavy car. Got mixed up that merc is a bit more than I thought. Here it is.

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/black-mercedes-benz-e-class-1998/93708930

T5frankie
Friday 30th December 2011, 21:23
Yea thought they would be about the same. Heavy car. Got mixed up that merc is a bit more than I thought. Here it is.

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/black-mercedes-benz-e-class-1998/93708930

and its only 25 miles from me lol

tim15888
Friday 30th December 2011, 21:34
W210, worst built Merc ever haha

T5frankie
Friday 30th December 2011, 21:47
W210, worst built Merc ever haha

i know but still like 'em