PDA

View Full Version : Job done even on Xmas Eve!

foammanmark
Saturday 24th December 2011, 13:13
Another one 'on the list' just done. Offside rear door seal replaced on the T5, as it poured in when the wind blew in a certain direction. Just need a few clips, which I think are available from Parts for Volvos.

Next time it rains, which will probably be in the few minutes looking at the sky, I will sit in the back of the car to check for water ingress!

M-R-P
Saturday 24th December 2011, 13:20
That's dedication there! Or boredom lol.

foammanmark
Saturday 24th December 2011, 13:23
That's dedication there! Or boredom lol.

Bit of both! The seal arrived yesterday, it's actually stopped raining at the mo, so I thought 'get it on'. I needed the fresh air as well, as I've been stuck indoors due to relentless wet stuff.

volvokid
Saturday 24th December 2011, 13:25
I just fitted my new AMS and MAF were a sad bunch aren't we

foammanmark
Saturday 24th December 2011, 13:29
I just fitted my new AMS and MAF were a sad bunch aren't we

Nice one! I said to the Mrs who was busy wrapping at the time: 'Give me a shout if you need me!' The shout never came, and I finished the job uninterrupted! I presume that we're all similar in that if a part has arrived, you just have to fit it to the car rather than thinking about it!

smithson007
Saturday 24th December 2011, 13:33
Might do my PCV later if i can be bothered. Just been picked all the parts up this morning from local volvo dealer. Treat the old girl to some new rear discs, pads, shoes and fitting kit while i was there to. That can be my job for boxing day.

volvokid
Saturday 24th December 2011, 13:33
Exactly it arrived this morning and i couldnt wait BUT i did make her breakfast, made the bed and cleaned the kitchen before i did the car, so i think im in the good books.

smithson007
Saturday 24th December 2011, 13:38
Exactly it arrived this morning and i couldnt wait BUT i did make her breakfast, made the bed and cleaned the kitchen before i did the car, so i think im in the good books.

Good effort mate. Sounds like youve had a busy morning.

foammanmark
Saturday 24th December 2011, 13:40
Might do my PCV later if i can be bothered. Just been picked all the parts up this morning from local volvo dealer. Treat the old girl to some new rear discs, pads, shoes and fitting kit while i was there to. That can be my job for boxing day.

Fantastic- hope it all goes well! Had my PCV done on the T5 the other week, which was well worth doing.

foammanmark
Saturday 24th December 2011, 13:42

Oh yes- think you'll be in the good books. I'm on with the hoovering in between being on here, so when she gets back. hopefully I'll be in the good books.

volvokid
Saturday 24th December 2011, 13:43
Mark why don't you just take a hose to the car, to see if it still leaks?

smithson007
Saturday 24th December 2011, 13:43
Fantastic- hope it all goes well! Had my PCV done on the T5 the other week, which was well worth doing.

Yes myne's well past needing done. Smoking badly from the dip stick. Only problem is if i break anything im stuffed because everything shut now untill wednesday and i want to make it to the meet on tuesday.

Are going to venture up to carlisle mate?

volvokid
Saturday 24th December 2011, 13:44
Good effort mate. Sounds like youve had a busy morning.

Just a bit still got the floors to clean, i hate being a bit of a clean freak

smithson007
Saturday 24th December 2011, 13:45
Oh yes- think you'll be in the good books. I'm on with the hoovering in between being on here, so when she gets back. hopefully I'll be in the good books.

Joys of being single at the min. Dont have to try and get in the good books. Lol.

foammanmark
Saturday 24th December 2011, 13:46
Mark why don't you just take a hose to the car, to see if it still leaks?

Fair point and that thought had crossed my mind. The sky is so dull that it just has to rain soon! If it doesn't then out with the hosepipe, and if I do that, I may as well wash the car at the same time!

smithson007
Saturday 24th December 2011, 13:46
Just a bit still got the floors to clean, i hate being a bit of a clean freak

Nice to have a clean house though mate.

foammanmark
Saturday 24th December 2011, 13:47
Joys of being single at the min. Dont have to try and get in the good books. Lol.

Single and looking, or happy to be single? Sorry, don't answer that If I'm being too nosy!

foammanmark
Saturday 24th December 2011, 13:49
Nice to have a clean house though mate.

It's never as clean as I'd like it to be, because we have several dogs, cats, a guinea pig, cockatiels etc., all in the house! Rabbits and ducks in the back garden.

smithson007
Saturday 24th December 2011, 13:51
Single and looking, or happy to be single? Sorry, don't answer that If I'm being too nosy!

To be honest with ya mate im not sure. It has its advantages been single. Do as you please with who ever you want but its still nice to have somebody to go home to as im sure you know.
I am looking but not in any mass hurry. Dont want another idiot had my fair share of them.

smithson007
Saturday 24th December 2011, 13:52
It's never as clean as I'd like it to be, because we have several dogs, cats, a guinea pig, cockatiels etc., all in the house! Rabbits and ducks in the back garden.

Are you setting up Noah's ark the second? Lol

foammanmark
Saturday 24th December 2011, 15:12
Are you setting up Noah's ark the second? Lol

We used to have a lot more animals than what we have now. Great Harwood zoo we have been called for some years! We rescued rabbits, cats and dogs, but all paid for out of our own pockets. Scaling it down now, by not replacing when they do pass away- or that's the plan!