PDA

View Full Version : 1997 V70r Service light???

willi
Friday 23rd December 2011, 21:00
Hi Guy's.

I know this subject is probably exhausted but, I cannot seem to get any info on the service light reset for a 1997 model..(if i do its not clear)

I get the impression that it is a main dealer job.
I have tried the holding in the mileage button and turning the ignition on for over a dozen times now but obviously nothing happened.

Any ideas please??

t5steve
Friday 23rd December 2011, 21:10
tried this method and it worked on my 1996 850 t5
did you put ignition on position 1 first as i didn't and it wouldn't work until i did
hope this helps

Resetting the Service reminder indicator (SRI), model years -2001
The service reminder indicator (SRI) informs the driver that it is time for the car to be serviced. The lamp remains lit for 120 seconds when the ignition is switched on.
Note! If the lamp flashes, it may be because one of the service parameters has not been programmed.
Proceed as follows to reset the service reminder indicator (SRI):
-Ignition position I
-Press and hold in the reset button for the trip odometer
-Ignition position II
-The service reminder indicator (SRI) starts flashing when the reset button for the trip odometer has been pressed for 10 seconds
-Release the reset button for the trip odometer within 5 seconds. The instrument gives an audible signal when resetting has succeeded.
Note! If the trip meter reset button is not released within 5 seconds the indicator is not reset. However the indicator will stop flashing.

willi
Saturday 24th December 2011, 09:10
Thanks mate i will give it a go this morning..

M-R-P
Saturday 24th December 2011, 10:09
Wasn't that the reset procedure for early P2 cars?

willi
Saturday 24th December 2011, 16:04
[QUOTE=t5steve;439670]tried this method and it worked on my 1996 850 t5
did you put ignition on position 1 first as i didn't and it wouldn't work until i did
hope this helps

Tried that this afternoon lots of times but unfortunately nothing happened.:cussing: