PDA

View Full Version : Rear windscreen wash not working!

foammanmark
Friday 23rd December 2011, 13:27
Noticed yesterday that the above wasn't working. Filled it with screenwash and could hear the motor working, but nothing coming through. Thought I would investigate the boot area as I put the new floor in last Friday, and sure enough, the rubber pipes were disconnected.

Took almost a full kitchen roll to mop up the fluid that had basically squirted allover the place under the floor, but problem sorted!

Porcine_Aviator
Friday 23rd December 2011, 15:09
We had an aircon leak that drained under the passenger seat and it caused the the same sort of problem. Only thing was we didn't notice the leak until we noticed a very odd smell coming from under the seat.

A while ago I did use an airline to blow the washer pipe clean from the back to the front, it worked really well, never had any problems with gunk build up since.

M-R-P
Friday 23rd December 2011, 15:21
After fiddling with my rear washer, the pipe to the washer developed a tendency to pop off while washing. Had to cut a bit off and pull it through. Made a hell of a mess on the boot carpet!

foammanmark
Friday 23rd December 2011, 15:50
After fiddling with my rear washer, the pipe to the washer developed a tendency to pop off while washing. Had to cut a bit off and pull it through. Made a hell of a mess on the boot carpet!

Mine is just a thinner pipe running into a thicker pipe, with no clamp or anything. Tried a jubilee clip, but not small enough. I'll find something to make a fix on the joint though. Hasn't wet the carpet, just part filled the spare wheel space and other parts.

bigrotch
Friday 23rd December 2011, 15:58
I acedently pulled mine off and it made mess all over the carpet aswell...
Sorry couldn't help it pmslmao

foammanmark
Friday 23rd December 2011, 16:02
LOL! Can't thank you at the moment, but they gave me a laugh!