PDA

View Full Version : S80 Nav Discs ?

Mark T6
Thursday 22nd December 2011, 22:34
Hi,
can anyone tell me the correct version (or better still the part number) for the discs I require to enable my nav to work.

The car is a 2001 S80 T6.

For the record I am neither old nor smell of wee :)

Cheers.

Mark T6
Friday 23rd December 2011, 14:23
I thought someone round here would know the answer to this one. Or is more complicated than that ?

p fandango
Friday 23rd December 2011, 14:28
i think there are 2 different types of satnav, think you can tell the difference by the type of disc system you've got in the boot. I can get some info off my old man's 53plate S60 thats got satnav & i know he's got the discs rattling round in the boot, no guarantee it'll be the right info for you tho i'm afraid

Laserowl
Tuesday 27th December 2011, 10:59
Hi

I have a full set of the CD's for this system in my 1998 T6.
IIRC copies will work (only if you have the originals :pirate:) however my UK discs dont work anymore.

Very expensive but are still available from Volvo, sometimes come up on Ebay.
Just make sure you get the CD's not the DVD's.

TBH its a rubbish system and dare i say TOMTOM is cheeper and better, but if your like me you want it to work.

PM if you want to try a disc :wink:

Mark T6
Tuesday 27th December 2011, 20:26
Thanks for the offer mate, I may well take you up on your offer but IIRC the screen display mentions DVDs and not CDs....could they be different (mines a 2001) ?
I have a nice Garmin with Bluetooth, but you're right, I'd just like it all working....:)

Laserowl
Wednesday 28th December 2011, 09:44
No problem, if its definately DVD there are plenty of sets on ebay, 4 discs in the european set i believe.

LeeT5
Sunday 8th January 2012, 22:26
Hi,
can anyone tell me the correct version (or better still the part number) for the discs I require to enable my nav to work.

The car is a 2001 S80 T6.

For the record I am neither old nor smell of wee :)

Cheers.

Just look at the face of the RTi player in the boot. If it says DVD on it....well i'm not gonna state the obvious. Then, phone the dealer and they will tell you what you need.

Fool proof.