PDA

View Full Version : Unexpected Site Down Time 22nd Dec 2011

The Flying Moose
Thursday 22nd December 2011, 15:03
Some of you may have been unable to access VPCUK during the early hours of this morning. Specifically between 00:01 and approximately 09:30.

This was due to an unexpected server error which has since been resolved by the administration team.

There is a possibiliy that any posts made throughout the duration of the above mensioned time period may be lost.

Appologies for any inconvience caused.

Regards

The Flying Moose
On behalf of the VPCUK Team.

t5steve
Thursday 22nd December 2011, 15:07
now i know why i couldn't log in...................many thanks

Dangerous Dave
Thursday 22nd December 2011, 15:53
Yes I had some trouble and I was very annoyed at not being able to access the site at 2am this morning, its just not good enough! :D :D :D

Santa
Thursday 22nd December 2011, 16:41
Yes I had some trouble and I was very annoyed at not being able to access the site at 2am this morning, its just not good enough! :D :D :D

Reading a forum wont help you sleep :-p

Dangerous Dave
Thursday 22nd December 2011, 17:21
Reading a forum wont help you sleep :-p
LOL, was working on a remap and trying to get an old laptop working.

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 22nd December 2011, 17:28
It was just as well - as I was already wound up enough by the PTC valve debacle

p fandango
Thursday 22nd December 2011, 17:32
same here, might have to see what other forums are about lol

Santa
Thursday 22nd December 2011, 17:45
It was just as well - as I was already wound up enough by the PTC valve debacle

PTC Valve debacle?

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 22nd December 2011, 18:01
Me shiny new pipe!

Dangerous Dave
Thursday 22nd December 2011, 18:27
PTC Valve debacle?
He lost his end

Dangerous Dave
Thursday 22nd December 2011, 18:31
same here, might have to see what other forums are about lol
We coan't lose you to another forum!! Who would Jerry fight with? Talking of whom, where is old JelT5?

daza-b
Thursday 22nd December 2011, 21:00
wondered what happened! lol thought it was my computer lol

t5_monkey
Thursday 22nd December 2011, 21:07
Anyone seen the scene in Trainspotting where he went cold Turkey?

That's pretty much how I felt. Thank god I was driving my Volvo down to England most of today otherwise it could have all been a bit too much!

daza-b
Thursday 22nd December 2011, 21:09
Anyone seen the scene in Trainspotting where he went cold Turkey?

That's pretty much how I felt. Thank god I was driving my Volvo down to England most of today otherwise it could have all been a bit too much!

hahaha yea!!

T4Rick
Saturday 24th December 2011, 12:34
I couldnt get on in the early hours of this morning lol.Its happening quiet alot and happens sometimes in the evening and the website is slow as well

Santa
Saturday 24th December 2011, 13:26
Weirdly it was ok for me last night/this morning (not that I posted anything). What time was this Rick?

Shadow
Saturday 24th December 2011, 15:34
i keep getting a 404 error (don't know what that means) i have to leave the fourm for about 15 minutes then when i come back it works fine for a few minutes the i start getting the 404 message again.

Santa
Saturday 24th December 2011, 16:47
i keep getting a 404 error (don't know what that means) i have to leave the fourm for about 15 minutes then when i come back it works fine for a few minutes the i start getting the 404 message again.

404 Not Found
The requested resource could not be found but may be available again in the future.[2] Subsequent requests by the client are permissible.

Anything other websites work when you get a 404?

Shadow
Saturday 24th December 2011, 17:16
every other web site works fine. just when i come on here it will work fine adn i can look at about 6 things ( read one post, click back, go to another post) then il get the 404 message and then i have to leave this site for about 15 min before it will work again and the whole process will start all over again. also it does it on my laptop as well as my pc.

M-R-P
Saturday 24th December 2011, 17:22
Never had 404 but I do get slowdown. I was talking to Rick at about 2 this morning and had no problems at all.
I recon it could be something to.do with local isp servers/hubs.

Santa
Saturday 24th December 2011, 17:26
every other web site works fine. just when i come on here it will work fine adn i can look at about 6 things ( read one post, click back, go to another post) then il get the 404 message and then i have to leave this site for about 15 min before it will work again and the whole process will start all over again. also it does it on my laptop as well as my pc.

Really odd and I think Martin may be right. Tried rebooting your router?

silverback02
Thursday 29th December 2011, 11:45
Not the Only Volvo site having problems,

"Volvo Forums is temporarily closed for server repair work

Sorry but the Volvo Forums is closed. Something went wrong with the database early hours this morning - 28 December. We need to find out what, and then try to fix it or use an earlier backup copy.

Update 0945 GMT 29 December: Things are looking better. The database appears to be intact and repairs have gone well. The host has found an issue with the server that may be linked to this and the other recent short outages. Some short term work has been done to rectify that but a proper repair will be done tonight. For that reason we are going to wait for that to be successfully completed before reopening the forum.

I am sure many of you may now be wilting because you are not getting your 'daily fix', we apologise but just try to hang on a little longer.

Bob Isaac. Volvo Owners Club"

So hope it's not catching, or worse someone on Both sites spreading something nasty.

Joe.

Santa
Thursday 29th December 2011, 13:56
So hope it's not catching, or worse someone on Both sites spreading something nasty.

Joe.

It shouldn't do lol.

This site seems to have been more stable for the last week.

silverback02
Friday 30th December 2011, 19:43
Lol..... Got the email to say another post had been made on this thread, clicked on link and got...Error 404 site down. and only just managed to get back on...typical..lol.

Santa
Friday 30th December 2011, 20:05
Lol..... Got the email to say another post had been made on this thread, clicked on link and got...Error 404 site down. and only just managed to get back on...typical..lol.

LOL typical, be sure to reboot your pc and router and clear your browser cache. I thought those on talk talk stopped having issues now?

T4Rick
Friday 30th December 2011, 22:11
im on talk talk and in the evening i have problems just lately getting on here

Volvostorm
Friday 30th December 2011, 22:20
I'm on Talktalk too, was getting the 404 problem, not had it since I changed my DNS settings :)

Santa
Friday 30th December 2011, 22:23
I'm on Talktalk too, was getting the 404 problem, not had it since I changed my DNS settings :)

Yeah the issue clearly is with the default Talk Talk DNS server(s)

Anyone on Talktalk want to report the issue to technical support?

T4Rick
Sunday 1st January 2012, 18:00
I couldnt get on at all yesterday

Santa
Sunday 1st January 2012, 18:14
I couldnt get on at all yesterday

Hi Rick,

Do you have any example times? Also what type of device, browser and ISP are you using?

Anyone else have issues yesterday?

T4Rick
Sunday 1st January 2012, 19:48
Hi Rick,

Do you have any example times? Also what type of device, browser and ISP are you using?

Anyone else have issues yesterday?

I couldnt get on here from yesterday morning around 9am till today,i use google as my browser and i have the new version of windows.I spoke to talk talk technical and they said they carnt see the problem lol yet i can get on any other website lol

Santa
Sunday 1st January 2012, 19:57
I couldnt get on here from yesterday morning around 9am till today,i use google as my browser and i have the new version of windows.I spoke to talk talk technical and they said they carnt see the problem lol yet i can get on any other website lol

Another Talk Talk issue :-(

Paul changed his DNS settings and hasn't had an issue since. It might be worth trying that?

T4Rick
Sunday 1st January 2012, 20:51
Another Talk Talk issue :-(

Paul changed his DNS settings and hasn't had an issue since. It might be worth trying that?

Hi im not sure on how to change the dns settings.Where do i go to do that and what do i change

Santa
Sunday 1st January 2012, 20:59
Hi im not sure on how to change the dns settings.Where do i go to do that and what do i change

I wrote this the other day. I'll PM you my phone number incase all goes pear shaped but I'm alittle drunk at the moment so if you need help maybe try tomorrow ;-)

Changing DNS Settings (Windows XP):

1. Click Start > Control Panel > Network Connections and select your local network.
2. On the General tab click Properties > Internet Protocol (TCP/IP).
3. Click Properties

The Internet Protocol window will appear. Click Use the following DNS server addresses and enter the DNS server(s) you want to use.

OpenDNS:

Googles DNS:

Volvostorm
Sunday 1st January 2012, 22:37
I used the Google DNS settings