PDA

View Full Version : New Toy

S60-MBS
Thursday 22nd December 2011, 00:19
Hello all,

Been playing with my new Volvo Dice today, connected it to my car and found alot of faults, apart from the heated seats every thing else was a load of cack.
See below screen grab

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l204/s60mbs/S60.png

If any needs code read , I am in Brum central

t5_monkey
Thursday 22nd December 2011, 00:22
Cool... would love to have mine read but a bit out of the way!

S60-MBS
Thursday 22nd December 2011, 00:28
You never know Ben, I do occasionally reside in Livingston and have been found lurking much further north :)
I will give you a shout when ever I am up north.

Leeds_finest
Thursday 22nd December 2011, 10:21
Last time I tried to connect my VIDA/DICE to my S60, it wouldn't connect properly and I couldn't use the diagnostics.

My car battery was low at the time though - I hope this was the problem.

Ed

p fandango
Thursday 22nd December 2011, 10:45
Hello all,

Been playing with my new Volvo Dice today, connected it to my car and found alot of faults, apart from the heated seats every thing else was a load of cack.
See below screen grab

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l204/s60mbs/S60.png

If any needs code read , I am in Brum central
i've got to pop to Brum the new year to pick up my chassis braces, might have to pop in & see you Mo. Was thinking about Dice myself so might have a demo session off you if you don't mind

S60-MBS
Thursday 22nd December 2011, 11:25
i've got to pop to Brum the new year to pick up my chassis braces, might have to pop in & see you Mo. Was thinking about Dice myself so might have a demo session off you if you don't mind

No probs Duane, Bloody fantastic piece of kit this.Had to force myself to stop playing with car just incase I feck up the settings.

Leeds_finest
Thursday 22nd December 2011, 12:17
Can I come along too? I don't even know how to use mine properly.

Leeds_finest
Thursday 22nd December 2011, 12:20
Only just noticed on the screen shot - which version of windows are you running? That doesn't look like XP...

Al115
Thursday 22nd December 2011, 12:22
Looks like 7, no?

Leeds_finest
Thursday 22nd December 2011, 12:25
Looks like 7, no?

Was under the impression it would not run on ANYTHING other than XP with service pack 3.

I have 2011A also.

p fandango
Thursday 22nd December 2011, 13:18
No probs Duane, Bloody fantastic piece of kit this.Had to force myself to stop playing with car just incase I feck up the settings.
am i right in thinking with that you can reset airbag faults & activate main dealer software alterations (ie foglights work with main beam etc)

S60-MBS
Thursday 22nd December 2011, 13:37
Its Win7,

Tried XP Pro as recomended but couldnt find drivers for my Toshiba, Tried Vista pro and it all went tits up. After fresh install of Win7, reloaded Vida , but could not log on. then after alot of googling found a patch on DVD which needed to be installed to make things work.
Still learning things on Vida as theres so much, Ed you be welcome too.

S60-MBS
Thursday 22nd December 2011, 13:42
am i right in thinking with that you can reset airbag faults & activate main dealer software alterations (ie foglights work with main beam etc)

Theres alot of "Customer programmable parameters" , cant download software as a you need a subscription to Volvo/Vida. SRS, DRL's ,heater settings,window settings,temp settings etc can be done. It was the window setting that scred me yesterday, was sat there with Roger in car with Vida running, not sure what I did and both front windows started opening and closing by themselves lol Roger's face was a picture :D

Leeds_finest
Thursday 22nd December 2011, 14:47
Its Win7,

Tried XP Pro as recomended but couldnt find drivers for my Toshiba, Tried Vista pro and it all went tits up. After fresh install of Win7, reloaded Vida , but could not log on. then after alot of googling found a patch on DVD which needed to be installed to make things work.
Still learning things on Vida as theres so much, Ed you be welcome too.

The only computer I managed to get it running on was a computer with XP. The system requirements for VIDA 2011A are very specific :(

I'll more than likely pop over too. Where abouts in central Brum? I'm Walsall.

Did you have any joy with car detailing?

Theres alot of "Customer programmable parameters" , cant download software as a you need a subscription to Volvo/Vida. SRS, DRL's ,heater settings,window settings,temp settings etc can be done. It was the window setting that scred me yesterday, was sat there with Roger in car with Vida running, not sure what I did and both front windows started opening and closing by themselves lol Roger's face was a picture :D

Seconded. You need a non 'cracked' version of VIDA officially from Volvo to be able to download all the actual updates that Volvo issue for our cars... but all the other stuff works, parts diagrams, diagnostics etc.

Mo are you sure DRL settings can be adjusted on VIDA? I was told DRL's on 'post 2005' cars could be adjusted on VIDA, but on mine for example (2004) you could not adjust them as the DRL settings were a Volvo download (as discussed above^^) and had to be downloaded from the Volvo server and then uploaded to the cars ECU.

S60-MBS
Thursday 22nd December 2011, 15:02
Hi Ed,

I live near Soho road, Walsall not too far. The DRL's have 3 settings from what I can see, mines were turned off by the old VCT2000 box despite deslers claiming a software jobbie. 2011a is a bit picky about the laptop or pc you use especially amount of RAM, it didnt even like my old laptop which has only XP Sp3 on it.
No Joy with detailing instead ended up spending on the Dice unit :)

Leeds_finest
Thursday 22nd December 2011, 15:36
Hi Ed,

I live near Soho road, Walsall not too far. The DRL's have 3 settings from what I can see, mines were turned off by the old VCT2000 box despite deslers claiming a software jobbie. 2011a is a bit picky about the laptop or pc you use especially amount of RAM, it didnt even like my old laptop which has only XP Sp3 on it.
No Joy with detailing instead ended up spending on the Dice unit :)

Handsworth/Lozells way? I used to go to school with a few lads from round there :) I went to King Edwards Aston - do you know it?

Ahhhh ok, we'll see then, maybe you could try and switch mine off for me? Someone on the 'Swedespeed' forum told me it was only available as download on the pre 2005 cars, but if possible to change it without then even better.

I could handle driving around with sidelights on, but, on the S60R my dipped beam headlights (xenon) are permanently switched on whether it's in the 'auto' or the 'on' position. Only way I can turn them off is switch it to sidelights only, but then I would have to switch them off everytime I get out of the car.

Yes I have found it a big pain to install onto computers too.

Ok well let me know if you use that chap I recommended as I would like to see the pictures. If his cars anything to go by, he's quite good.

S60-MBS
Thursday 22nd December 2011, 15:46
Yep Handsworth, know King Edward school very well indeed.
Just found the options for customer parameters, no SW needed.

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l204/s60mbs/Ed.png

micken
Thursday 22nd December 2011, 20:59
S60-MBS, I wouldn't worry too much about the CCM-0021 Air Quality Sensor Internal Fault DTC. I've been using a DiCE with 2011a software and that code was on there from the start. I've cleared all codes a few times, including low fuel pressure codes on Tuesday when my V70 went into complete limp mode from xxx leptons in the outside lane of a busy M1.

Involved a 20 mile recovery to home before I could get the DiCE on it. All codes bar CCM-0021 cleared and car running OK. Obviously need to do some more diagnostics and remedial work but the DiCe has paid for itself already within a few weeks of ownership.

S60-MBS
Thursday 22nd December 2011, 21:23
S60-MBS, I wouldn't worry too much about the CCM-0021 Air Quality Sensor Internal Fault DTC. I've been using a DiCE with 2011a software and that code was on there from the start. I've cleared all codes a few times, including low fuel pressure codes on Tuesday when my V70 went into complete limp mode from xxx leptons in the outside lane of a busy M1.

Involved a 20 mile recovery to home before I could get the DiCE on it. All codes bar CCM-0021 cleared and car running OK. Obviously need to do some more diagnostics and remedial work but the DiCe has paid for itself already within a few weeks of ownership.

Hi Micken, I read your post on VOC and same has happened to me a while back.No issues after a restart.My cars always had codes which reset straight away courtesy of Chad's codereader.Dice unit is my best buy so far :)

graemewelch
Thursday 22nd December 2011, 23:20
dont want to sound thick here but whats dice. i understand that its some kind of volvo sorfware for dianostics. but id like to know a bit more about it. costs wear do you get it. is it ran from laptop.

t5_monkey
Thursday 22nd December 2011, 23:31
You never know Ben, I do occasionally reside in Livingston and have been found lurking much further north :)
I will give you a shout when ever I am up north.

Cool thanks :banana:

S60-MBS
Thursday 22nd December 2011, 23:44
dont want to sound thick here but whats dice. i understand that its some kind of volvo sorfware for dianostics. but id like to know a bit more about it. costs wear do you get it. is it ran from laptop.

Graeme , Dice is the latest gadget dealers are using. Volvo only sell this unit to dealers or indys but there are now clones available off ebay with some really good units about. Columbiadream is the seller I used, unit arrived within 3 days and has latest firmware and software.
You can use https://www.volvotechinfo.com/vtiShare/VIDATechInd/index.htm

for more info and instructions on how to use etc.

ncarnall
Friday 23rd December 2011, 00:28
I want one ;-( better save up some dosh

p fandango
Thursday 29th December 2011, 07:41
is this the same as you've got Mo LINK (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-VOLVO-DICE-Diagnostic-Tool-NEW-version-2011A-cheapest-2-years-warranty-/350515621126?pt=UK_CCTV&hash=item519c5bed06)

micken
Thursday 29th December 2011, 10:37
This is where I got mine from. http://www.autoobd2.co.uk/wholesale/volvo-vida-dice-diagnostic-tool-2011-a-version.html
Ordered Friday 2/12 and delivered Tuesday 6/12, communication with vendor was good. The unit has paid for itself already.

p fandango
Thursday 29th December 2011, 10:44
This is where I got mine from. http://www.autoobd2.co.uk/wholesale/volvo-vida-dice-diagnostic-tool-2011-a-version.html
Ordered Friday 2/12 and delivered Tuesday 6/12, communication with vendor was good. The unit has paid for itself already.
i'll be ordering one of those tomorrow, thank you sir

micken
Thursday 29th December 2011, 11:07
^ You're welcome.

Following on from the issue I had with the car last week I've done some tidying up, cleaned the EGR mixer and replaced the air charge hose to the turbo. I also ran the injectors diagnostic test that points to a potential issue on one injector but I now need to back this up with a leak off test. I've certainly found that the purchase has been worthwhile.

p fandango
Thursday 29th December 2011, 11:13
Following on from the issue I had with the car last week I've done some tidying up, cleaned the EGR mixer and replaced the air charge hose to the turbo. I also ran the injectors diagnostic test that points to a potential issue on one injector but I now need to back this up with a leak off test. I've certainly found that the purchase has been worthwhile.
both mine & my old mans car have got the SRS fault, plus i'm looking forward to playing with the DRL/light settings (my old mans HID's throw the headlight failure so hoping to turn that off as well)

Leeds_finest
Thursday 29th December 2011, 12:08
What's the average price you guys shelled out for the vida/dice?

I haven't looked at the above links but i paid around the £120 mark.

JUDGENINJA
Thursday 29th December 2011, 12:25
VPCK policy (http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2370)

Just beware of the site rules on the promotion of Pirate software..(I still want a copy)

(MODs - This policy is from 2005, it probably need updating slightly)

S60-MBS
Thursday 29th December 2011, 12:50
is this the same as you've got Mo LINK (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-VOLVO-DICE-Diagnostic-Tool-NEW-version-2011A-cheapest-2-years-warranty-/350515621126?pt=UK_CCTV&hash=item519c5bed06)

Yep thats the bugger, Mines came from seller called Columbiadream. Latest firmware on Unit.

graemewelch
Thursday 29th December 2011, 16:17
are these units able to upload volvos latest software.

graemewelch
Thursday 29th December 2011, 16:19
is any one who got one of these close to north east. im wanting my codes read again to confirm a few teathing problems. will to travel as dealer prices are mental

micken
Thursday 29th December 2011, 18:15
^ graemewelch

You can't upload the latest software because you need to be subscribed to Volvo for that and it costs. For that reason the vast majority of independents don't do uploads either although there may be someone in Newcastle, so it's worth you researching that.

When the Volvo Forum is up and running again you might want to check the member's map on there.

Laserowl
Thursday 29th December 2011, 19:16
Had my dice a few years now, essential bit of kit owning a 1998 T6.
Very informative once you find your way round the software.
More than paid for it's self.