PDA

View Full Version : 850 cams and tappets

theflyingbrick
Wednesday 21st December 2011, 01:13
as some of you may be aware i had a little noise coming from my engine,after having it checked out (sort of) it turns out its a top end noise,so straight away i assumed cams or tappets,ive since aquired (not yet delivered ;) ) a set of n/a cams but forgot about the possibility of tappets,now my question,is it a hard job changing the cams and tappets? im aware there is a timing adjustment on the cams from the standard t5 cams to the n/a cams,but how would i do this and also do the tappets need adjusting? any advice hints or tips would be great or if im missing anything then please let me know ;)

bigrotch
Wednesday 21st December 2011, 01:59
Sell it and gett a proper colour and shaped one lol. On the serous side I'm sore p fandango knows about these or niles might aswell mate Drop them a pm

theflyingbrick
Wednesday 21st December 2011, 15:56
i know niles has the timing adjustments i was just curious if it was a big job as i normally just blag my way through nuts and bolts but i know the timing is quite important!!

Volvostorm
Wednesday 21st December 2011, 16:08
Have you got a Haynes manual? Its covered it there, hardest part is removing the rocker cover, you are supost to use a special tool, as the rocker cover holds the cams down.

theflyingbrick
Wednesday 21st December 2011, 17:03
i think my dads got one!! might have to pop round for a cuppa ;)

bigrotch
Wednesday 21st December 2011, 17:16
if not i got one u can use mate i think somewhere