PDA

View Full Version : 760 3Lv6 wat mods

adey
Tuesday 20th December 2011, 08:10
hi all iv just got myself a 760 v6 and was wondering wat mods i can do to get more power out of it any ideas ?

M-R-P
Tuesday 20th December 2011, 08:13
How much money you got ?

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h177/qUicKnesS05/RickyAKAqUicK074.jpg

Haha, lets see what santa claus brings ya ;)

smithy
Tuesday 20th December 2011, 17:37
hi all iv just got myself a 760 v6 and was wondering wat mods i can do to get more power out of it any ideas ?

filter exhaust and thats it or ls1 it ,ps should of bought a redblock turbo mate

AndysR
Tuesday 20th December 2011, 19:57
That'll be the PRV engine then... It's a 2,849cc V6 btw and I have to say a lovely engine, if cared for it can be every bit as reliable as the red block ;)

In the Volvo world the PRV is very much a poorly regarded engine because of the success and resilience of the red, 4 pot, engine and the tunabilty of the later white block 5 and 6 cylinder engines...

Anyway I am lover of it so here is the little bit info I know about it that's worth knowing..

If your in the UK depending on the age of the car it is available with two different power outputs. You will either be on the earlier B28E with the Bosch K-Jetronic injection (mechanical) system which when new was producing 156bhp @ 5,700 rpm and 235nm @ 3,000 rpm or you'll have the later B280E with the Bosch L Jetronic injection (electronic) system which produces 170bhp @ 5,400 rpm and 240nm @ 4,500 rpm.

Anyway... Not only did the later electronic fuel injection engine gain a more sophisticated injection system, when compared to the earlier mechanical system, it gained a different camshaft lubrication arrangement to aid with the achillies heal of the PRV, oil starvation which causes accelerated wear to the camshafts if oil changes are neglected, it also gained an increase in the compression ratio from 9.5:1 to 10:1. Unbeknown to many this engine was also manufactured, with a slightly smaller cubic capacity, using turbos in the Renault 25 turbo. You may also know that the early 156hp PRV was utilised in the Delorean DMC-12 and Delorean themselves were researching and developing turbo charged 2.8 PRV of which around 3-4 are believed to have been built I've attached an image I had of one of the official development engines below.

Unfortunately the tuned engine, which allegedly transformed the 0-60 time to 5.8 seconds in the Delorean, never infact made it into official production before Delorean went belly up.
However a number of Delorean owners have adapted the 2.5 turbo intake system from the Renaults to fit their own 2.8's and with good results. Also there is a company who I believe will provide stage 1, 2 and 3 PRV engines and also do the turbo conversion kit. A quick google session has failed me with the source but if you have a snoot about on the Delorean forums I am sure you'll come across it and the many turbo charging threads that have been started.

A bit of useless info for you......the auto 760 V6 was the fastest Volvo to do the 30-50 dash @ 3.4 seconds, a feat not even matched by a standard manual 850R mainly because the 760 can do it in 1 gear, 1st. Unfortunately the 850 has it pretty much everywhere else but it's a nice piece of pub type talk for you ;)

M-R-P
Tuesday 20th December 2011, 20:16
Nice Andy, very nice. :)

smithy
Tuesday 20th December 2011, 22:50
im not saying that u cannot tune them but is an expensive engine to tune and my mate had a 25 prv and that was a nice car .they are a nice car standard but for modding wise u cannot
beat the redblock in the same car.nice info though and as i said before sort the breathing out tb.filter.exhaust etc

adey
Wednesday 21st December 2011, 07:44
thanks all im not looking at make it a rocket ship just to make it sound and go well

smithy
Wednesday 21st December 2011, 21:10
thanks all im not looking at make it a rocket ship just to make it sound and go well
as said before sort breathing out