PDA

View Full Version : My S60 T5 - Ricad at last.

TangoDeltaSierra3
Saturday 20th August 2005, 10:31
Hey, just to let you know after many hours of head scratching from Adam he finally got to Rica my S60 T5 yesterday, dont ask why it took so long but it did, blinking software * tempremental cars need a bit of coaxing i think & i'm sure Adams glad to see the back of it now lol.... Cheers Adam for persevering!

Anyways we went out for a little run last night in the rush hour traffic and had a little play with Mr Schumachers finest, a Ferrari 360 on a dual carriageway, the Ferrari headlights look nice in your mirrors at 120mph, lovely sound as he passed us lol but he dint make no ground really. Then i hit dime bar number 2 on the M1 going home in a Porsche 911 GT3 RS, he obviously couldn't wait behind me and a stack of others so took to undertaking and squeezing in, after swapping some sign language i thought right i'm going for it first chance i get, so i sat on his ass at 100mph in 4th lol waiting to get the jump on him, ran him up to 135mph before more traffic & pulled his stunt on him and undertook him nr Sheffield and pulled about a mile in front of him at one stage. Cant doo with Clever dicks!

Anyway for those interested heres my dyno readings.

Max Power - 245bhp @ wheels

Max Torque - 401 N/M

Adam reckons theres a bit more to be found in it too with a bit more fine tuning which we didn't have time to do.

All in all i'm well happy as it stands as i know it aint been as straightforward as other remaps for 1 reason or another this time.

dave
Saturday 20th August 2005, 15:35
by god your a brave man to take your car upto those speeds on the road! or something else

dave

Mrsmopp
Saturday 20th August 2005, 15:38
One very happy TDS then!!! Looking forward to the northern meet to try it out!!

x

TangoDeltaSierra3
Saturday 20th August 2005, 17:07
by god your a brave man to take your car upto those speeds on the road! or something else

daveWell am i the odd one out or something ? And it was in short spurts too, there aint too many gaps on the M1 at 8pm unfortunately!

dave
Saturday 20th August 2005, 18:03
Well am i the odd one out or something ? And it was in short spurts too, there aint too many gaps on the M1 at 8pm unfortunately!

oh, thats ok then!

i think there's alot of brave peeps on this forum!

dave

Vikingxl
Saturday 20th August 2005, 18:06
Glad you are happy with it.

spesh
Saturday 20th August 2005, 18:06
They cant book you if you aint got a plate on!!! hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Glad your happy with the car TDS!!

Vikingxl
Saturday 20th August 2005, 18:16

dave
You wont catch me doing those sort of speeds honest officer.

Goof
Saturday 20th August 2005, 18:58
Have to admit to a 140 spurt yesterday...
That was in kph of course ;):)

TangoDeltaSierra3
Saturday 20th August 2005, 21:54
You wont catch me doing those sort of speeds honest officer.Of course Rich, your a good boy, PS thanks for waiting for me yesterday, appreciate it m8.

Vikingxl
Saturday 20th August 2005, 22:01
No problem mate hope the car keeps you smiling!

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 21st August 2005, 12:27
Glad you like it

aeroresh
Friday 26th August 2005, 22:53
Just got back from VT...looks like Ive got the same software problem with my T5:slap:

Down 50lbs of torque on the dyno after the upgrade :frown:

Anyway I'll be going back down next week to hopefully get it sorted but even like it is, it still goes like STINK. If there's more to come I think I may have to keep a spare pair of :pants: in the glovebox in case of accidents!

TangoDeltaSierra3
Friday 26th August 2005, 23:12
Just got back from VT...looks like Ive got the same software problem with my T5:slap:

Down 50lbs of torque on the dyno after the upgrade :frown:

Anyway I'll be going back down next week to hopefully get it sorted but even like it is, it still goes like STINK. If there's more to come I think I may have to keep a spare pair of :pants: in the glovebox in case of accidents!MMMMm, woT year car is yours, funny isn't it, mines an 02 - 2002!

aeroresh
Saturday 27th August 2005, 06:36
according to Adam (if he's around he may confirm this) our ECUs are from a similar batch and are slightly different to the norm.

Don't know how exactly, all I know is everyone else who was at VT went home with extra silly grins on their faces rather than my mildly silly grin! :B_steerin

Vikingxl
Saturday 27th August 2005, 06:47
I had a few problems when my V70 was done in fact in the end it took all day.Hamish and Adam stuck with it though and in the end got to the botttom of the problem and the car now flys.Sometimes it seems that you have to wait for the good things in life and while it may be frustrating Hamish and Adam know more about volvos than anybody ive come across and they will fix it in the end then you will be smiling too.TDS3's car now goes like a rocket so stick with it.Good luck mate

V8guitar
Saturday 27th August 2005, 11:03
oh, thats ok then!

i think there's alot of brave peeps on this forum!

dave

Dave, I think you are right in some ways.

I do sometimes worry myself because my car pulls so quickly to bannable speeds and I need my licence. My only justification is the same a TDS, I try and limit this to very short bursts in the hope it reduces the chances of getting done!

Sometimes I do think I am pushing my luck...

dave
Saturday 27th August 2005, 16:44
Dave, I think you are right in some ways.

I do sometimes worry myself because my car pulls so quickly to bannable speeds and I need my licence. My only justification is the same a TDS, I try and limit this to very short bursts in the hope it reduces the chances of getting done!

Sometimes I do think I am pushing my luck...

i like abit of fun now and again, like the next man, but you have to draw line somewhere!, at 100+, it does get a little silly!

dave

TangoDeltaSierra3
Sunday 28th August 2005, 11:48
i like abit of fun now and again, like the next man, but you have to draw line somewhere!, at 100+, it does get a little silly!

daveYer should have banked £20000 then Dave and got a D5 Ricad instead.

V70Man
Thursday 1st September 2005, 09:23
You wont catch me doing those sort of speeds honest officer.

Try:

"....Oh come on Officer, the last copper let me off with a warning too.."
:remybussi

or:

Copper: "Why the hell were you driving so fast huh?"
T5 driver: "I was just trying to drive with the flow of traffic"
Copper: "But there are no other cars on the road"
T5 driver "Exactly, that's how far behind i am!!"
:B_steerin

Mrsmopp
Thursday 1st September 2005, 11:21
Try:

Copper: "Why the hell were you driving so fast huh?"
T5 driver: "I was just trying to drive with the flow of traffic"
Copper: "But there are no other cars on the road"
T5 driver "Exactly, that's how far behind i am!!"
:B_steerin

LMSO!! Quality!! I dont fancy my chances trying this one tho!!

x