PDA

View Full Version : White Injector question

Ecurie Ecosse
Saturday 17th December 2011, 18:51
Hi Guys

I have an 850 T5 with the standard 15g turbo, a -31 Cosworth actuator, MBC and a Bailey dump valve.

The car had these when I bought it, and I am going to upgrade it over time. I'm just about to fit a K&N panel filter (if that makes any difference :)

I now have a set of white injectors which I got from the scrappy - I only took the injectors - nothing else.

Is it worth fitting them just now? Will there be any benefits with the current set up?

Also, would it be worth getting a RICA ECU - would I see any gains / difference with the standard ECU if I already have an MBC fitted?

Many thanks for your help.

The Flying Moose
Saturday 17th December 2011, 18:59
I would say that it wont make any difference in performance with your current set-up but injectors dont they only alter and adapt your fueling.

The best thing you need to do is get the car on a dyno with an afr reader (air to fuel ratio) or purchase an afr guage and check the car is running at the right level.

If its running lean then the whites will help.

Ecurie Ecosse
Saturday 17th December 2011, 19:08
Cheers, many thanks!

Niles
Saturday 17th December 2011, 19:30
white injectors will help a little. Put a set in my old car, when the boost really kicks in and you get to 5k+rpm, the car seemed to pull a little harder/smoother. No harm in fitting them to see.

Orange flow rate @ 3 bar = 315ccm, whites = 350ccm at 3 bar (fuel pressure).

Just be careful not to lose any on the O rings. I'd do it if I were you.

Ecurie Ecosse
Saturday 17th December 2011, 19:59
Thanks

I will fit them and report back.

I am loving my 850 - they are fantastic cars! I am really looking forward to upgrading it over time.

Ecurie Ecosse
Tuesday 20th March 2012, 08:48
Well, my car is in for its MOT today and if it passes with nothing too drastic needing done I'm going to get the mechanic to fit the white injectors.

I'll report back.