PDA

View Full Version : Silver V70R AWD manual R898VJO

foammanmark
Friday 16th December 2011, 21:48
This car is for sale on eBay, but I think that there's something dodgey with it. It was originally for sale in Cambridge and I was trying to buy it on eBay, before he ended the sale due to faulty engine mountings. It was then relisted, sold and then appeared immediately for sale again in Bolton. The sale ended last week, but it's now appeared again, for sale in Bolton. Nice looking motor, but something's amiss?

kyboy
Saturday 17th December 2011, 00:21
hi mate, ive seen it listed a few times i can recognize the tail pipes the outer trims missing off the nearside one, like ya said its stange its up for sale so soon!

foammanmark
Saturday 17th December 2011, 09:28
When it was originally listed in Cambridge, it had scuffs to all corners of the bumpers, tailgate vibration and the front nearside electric window wouldn't work. However, the price was right then to have those things sorted, and I was bidding on it, but he ended the sale. I then bought the T5, so I'm not looking for a car now anyway.

T5frankie
Saturday 17th December 2011, 09:35
sounds like the new buyer is trying to offload a duff motor he has just bought asap

dicky b t5
Saturday 17th December 2011, 10:44
Get in touch with one of the buyers on Ebay and ask why he sold it on. Hes got nothing to lose by telling ya if its already sold.

daza-b
Saturday 17th December 2011, 11:34
yea i was watching that! if its duff ill have it for parts :D haha

volvo
Saturday 17th December 2011, 11:39
its way too expensive at that price for parts i reckon. I reckon he paid half that as i was offered that car for £700, he reckons hes got something worth double what he probably paid! I doubt the car is duff but until its been checked out properly, hard to tell

daza-b
Saturday 17th December 2011, 11:40
its way too expensive at that price for parts i reckon. I reckon he paid half that as i was offered that car for £700, he reckons hes got something worth double what he probably paid! I doubt the car is duff but until its been checked out properly, hard to tell

yea true, would be nice for parts for mine tho haha

foammanmark
Saturday 17th December 2011, 11:47

When it sold from the guy in Cambridge after being re-listed, I'm sure that it was just over £1,200, and it currently stands at £510. This is the car that I was looking to buy before I bought yours.

volvo
Saturday 17th December 2011, 12:17
there was just something about that car, i didnt want to buy it for soome reason....dunno!

foammanmark
Saturday 17th December 2011, 19:49
This has jumped upto £775 now, with nearly 2 days to go. I hope that the car is OK for those bidding!

daza-b
Saturday 17th December 2011, 19:50
its annoying me, i want it for parts!! lol

foammanmark
Saturday 17th December 2011, 19:53
its annoying me, i want it for parts!! lol

On the picys, it looks too good for parts. The wheels have changed as well since I first bidded on it. There's something not quite right with it.....

daza-b
Saturday 17th December 2011, 19:55
On the picys, it looks too good for parts. The wheels have changed as well since I first bidded on it. There's something not quite right with it.....

i know what you mean, but when i need 2 passenger doors, 2 bumpers, bonnet for mine and a decent engine and awd system for the other its gonna get quite pricey buying it all separate :)

foammanmark
Saturday 17th December 2011, 20:08
i know what you mean, but when i need 2 passenger doors, 2 bumpers, bonnet for mine and a decent engine and awd system for the other its gonna get quite pricey buying it all separate :)

If it was end of Jan, then we could have gone halves on it, and then argued about who has which bits! No, I wouldn't have wanted the bits you mention above, but I could have done with some of the other parts of the car.

daza-b
Saturday 17th December 2011, 20:10
If it was end of Jan, then we could have gone halves on it, and then argued about who has which bits! No, I wouldn't have wanted the bits you mention above, but I could have done with some of the other parts of the car.

well i am going to break the odd volvo soon just waiting for the bargains,, they always come along :D

foammanmark
Saturday 17th December 2011, 20:24
well i am going to break the odd volvo soon just waiting for the bargains,, they always come along :D

That breaker down in Kent has a V70R, that I've had some parts off. Do you want me to ask about the parts you want?

daza-b
Saturday 17th December 2011, 20:30
That breaker down in Kent has a V70R, that I've had some parts off. Do you want me to ask about the parts you want?

wrong colour bud, already asked bout the bumpers and he wants way too much lol

foammanmark
Saturday 17th December 2011, 21:15
wrong colour bud, already asked bout the bumpers and he wants way too much lol

So we need silver bumpers ideally, or another colour at the right price to justify a re-spray?

daza-b
Saturday 17th December 2011, 22:11
So we need silver bumpers ideally, or another colour at the right price to justify a re-spray?

yea thats the one bud :)

foammanmark
Saturday 17th December 2011, 22:15
yea thats the one bud :)

OK, I'm looking with you for the right stuff!

foammanmark
Saturday 17th December 2011, 22:16
It's just gone upto £998!!!!!!

daza-b
Saturday 17th December 2011, 22:18
i know its not fair lol and i didnt win lotto tonight so i wont be getting it lol

foammanmark
Sunday 18th December 2011, 09:26
This is upto £1,050 now, and looking at the bids, there's one guy who really wants it!

foammanmark
Sunday 18th December 2011, 09:50
£1,231 and rising!

T5frankie
Sunday 18th December 2011, 10:47
has no-one mentioned he is advertising it as a 265bhp version? they only came out on a 1999 v reg because "it has twin pipes" lol

foammanmark
Monday 19th December 2011, 17:27
Shocked to see that this now £2,170 with 3 hours to go!

daza-b
Monday 19th December 2011, 17:29
bout right money for a decent one really

dalhousie2008
Monday 19th December 2011, 17:32
i bet its a non payer!! too many about on ebay

foammanmark
Monday 19th December 2011, 17:39
I could have had this car for £1,200 one month ago, but it needed several jobs doing on it. If they've been done, then maybe it's worth the £2,170, but somehow I doubt they have.

volvo
Monday 19th December 2011, 17:53
i could have had it at 700, it was an agreed price with the previous owner, timing wasnt right, even for me!!

foammanmark
Monday 19th December 2011, 17:58
i could have had it at 700, it was an agreed price with the previous owner, timing wasnt right, even for me!!

Hi Qady- was then when he first had it up for sale, and then he ended it because of claimed engine mounting issues?

volvo
Monday 19th December 2011, 18:16
yes Mark, thats right....but there was always just something made me not want to go view it...dunno, maybe its an ok car......