PDA

View Full Version : Look at this beauty

dave stew
Friday 16th December 2011, 17:01
Last time I started this thread it ended in floods of tears and disappointment!

http://www.stratstone.com/vehiclesearch/used/volvo-used-cars-v70-r.html

foammanmark
Friday 16th December 2011, 17:29
It's a good job that I haven't got a spare £10k, or else Volvo no.3 could be on it's way!

graemewelch
Friday 16th December 2011, 18:23
very nice motor.

dave stew
Friday 16th December 2011, 18:29
Yep, really fancy that. Shame I can't fund it at the mo. There is a manual V70R put there for me. In a decent colour...

dave stew
Friday 16th December 2011, 18:30
That bloody iPhone keyboard - I meant 'out' there. Not 'put' there.

MattM
Friday 16th December 2011, 18:41
Seems a bit pricey no? I mean I picked up my 2005 S60 T5 for £5,000 with 53k miles and FSH. I can't see how this is worth double?!

I agree though the 70R looks nice!

Here's my car - http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38286

Al115
Friday 16th December 2011, 18:52
Agree that it's a bit over the money. Looks in great condition, and low mileage, though, which helps.

The V70R is a totally different car to the V70 T5 - I've had both - and the Rs are considerably rarer and cost more new (and have also, of course, depreciated more). Hence the price difference between the two.

Will be interesting to see what happens to the R values over the next couple of years.

foammanmark
Friday 16th December 2011, 18:57
Agree that it's a bit over the money. Looks in great condition, and low mileage, though, which helps.

The V70R is a totally different car to the V70 T5 - I've had both - and the Rs are considerably rarer and cost more new (and have also, of course, depreciated more). Hence the price difference between the two.

Will be interesting to see what happens to the R values over the next couple of years.

Is it you that just bought the lazer blue corker?

Al115
Friday 16th December 2011, 19:07
Yeah, that's me. Haven't gone far in it yet, but I can say that it IS a really nice motor.

"Sonic blue" though (Laser blue was the Phase 1 R).

foammanmark
Friday 16th December 2011, 19:10
Yeah, that's me. Haven't gone far in it yet, but I can say that it IS a really nice motor.

"Sonic blue" though (Laser blue was the Phase 1 R).

It's a belter. Is it in 'your garage' yet? Thanks for correcting me on the colour!

Al115
Friday 16th December 2011, 19:15
Thanks!

It's outside my house if that's what you mean :D

Need to clean it up and get some photos when there's some sun :)

T5R+
Friday 16th December 2011, 20:10
It is a nice car and has been around for a couple of weeks.

I too think it is priced high but this is dependant on what is included eg years warranty, has it just been serviced and inc new tyres, etc

Do not forget there are private sellers out there trying to get £6K+ for 2003 cars :wtf:

The Flying Moose
Friday 16th December 2011, 21:34
I remember seeing this car not so long ago whilst "Dreaming".

If it wasnt for an expensive christmas and somewhat average credit history for whatever reason I would probably have given it a punt.

I have always wanted one and that one in particular with all the optional extra's fitted really does stand out amongst others.

I have seen cheaper but most are far higher mileage. I would probably say £8000 is closer to the mark.

LeeT5
Saturday 17th December 2011, 02:16
Seems a bit pricey no? I mean I picked up my 2005 S60 T5 for £5,000 with 53k miles and FSH. I can't see how this is worth double?!

I agree though the 70R looks nice!

Here's my car - http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38286

Estates are always more desireable over the saloons, hense they hold their price more. Always been that way, even with the 850s and classic V70s.

MattM
Saturday 17th December 2011, 10:30
Seems so, but do you get a lot more car for the extra 5k.

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 17th December 2011, 10:43
Lovely but quite pricey.

LeeT5
Saturday 17th December 2011, 17:29
Seems so, but do you get a lot more car for the extra 5k.

As Dave says, it's over priced. I wouldn't pay more than 8K for it. In the first year of ownership you will be spending a grand easy. Its only 15k off its cambelt service so theres £500 gone. With 75k it will be in need of discs and pads all round if they haven't already been replaced. Theres another £400....and thats assuming everything is AOK with the car. I would love to say it is but i bet i could find things wrong without even looking and without a shadow of doubt there will be fault codes logged, probably relating to MAF, AQS and possibly FPS. Like i said, £1000 in the first 6 months and thats not inc servicing.

Its a stunning example of a fantastic car, but, its overpriced.