PDA

View Full Version : nivomat change

T5frankie
Wednesday 14th December 2011, 20:20
When searching for spring kits they all say excluding nivomats, if i buy a suspension kit will this replace the nivomats anyway?

Volvostorm
Wednesday 14th December 2011, 20:24
Yes, it will, just but non nivomat shock tops for the dealer, and fit the kit.

I did this with mine :)

cherry1809
Wednesday 14th December 2011, 20:25
As far as I know, The rear top plates and shocks are the only thing thats different. But thats only what I've been told on here. I was going to replace mine but it comes in handy when loading the car up with scrap. Lol.

T5frankie
Wednesday 14th December 2011, 20:26

what these?
http://www.partsforvolvosonline.com/product_info.php?cPath=2_532&products_id=3172

merc85
Wednesday 14th December 2011, 20:27

If you run nivo's,

You Will need to fit

2x Normal Rear shock's
2x Non Nivo's Top mounts, and then you lowering spring kit.

Volvostorm
Wednesday 14th December 2011, 20:29
what these?
http://www.partsforvolvosonline.com/product_info.php?cPath=2_532&products_id=3172

Thats them, I got mine from the dealers, don't think they were much dearer than that

T5frankie
Wednesday 14th December 2011, 20:30
Thats them, I got mine from the dealers, don't think they were much dearer than that

yeah but these blokes are only 5 mins from me go in there quite often,

T5frankie
Wednesday 14th December 2011, 20:32
so after doing that i can buy any suspension kit for a v70r?

Volvostorm
Wednesday 14th December 2011, 20:33
so after doing that i can buy any suspension kit for a v70r?

Yup :D

T5frankie
Wednesday 14th December 2011, 20:39
my car is a bit twitchy i dont fully trust it round fast bends or at high speed so needs sorting has had new wishbones and volvo drop links

Volvostorm
Wednesday 14th December 2011, 20:50
Mine was like that, change it to Koni FSD's and Eibach springs, helped a lot, the old shocks were completely knackered.

Its got IPD anti-roll bars on it now.

smithson007
Wednesday 14th December 2011, 21:11
Mine was like that, change it to Koni FSD's and Eibach springs, helped a lot, the old shocks were completely knackered.

Its got IPD anti-roll bars on it now.

Same set as myne including ipd anti- roll bars and meyle droplinks. Handles real well. Just cheap tyres on it now that let it down but theyre soon going.

Volvostorm
Wednesday 14th December 2011, 21:17
Same set as myne including ipd anti- roll bars and meyle droplinks. Handles real well. Just cheap tyres on it now that let it down but theyre soon going.

I have the same drop links too, plus poly bushed bottom arms, but not the cheap tyres! lol

smithson007
Wednesday 14th December 2011, 21:21
I hate cheap tyres its just they were on it when i got it. Theyre linlongs or sumet like that on the front. Im just having fun destroying them at the min.
Pirelli p-zero rosso's going on all round as soon as my wheels are re-furbed.