PDA

View Full Version : A bit of fun this morning...

M-R-P
Wednesday 14th December 2011, 13:57
On my way to work, I found myself alongside a 61 plate XC60 in pearly black paint. I think it was an Rdesign. and was a D5. Coming off a roundabout, glances were exchanged then a nod then wooosh... well, he went woosh, I spun both front wheels and the DSTC lost interest. This allowed the XC to pull out a bit of a lead. Having got the old girl under control and on boost in 3rd, I romped past as you'd expect, slowed to let him pull alongside so I could have a look at his car, then boosted ahead and pulled across in front to see a thumbs up from him in my mirror. What a beautiful poise those things have from the front, really admired the look of the thing. I know I say the new S60 stinks of mondeo but the XC60 really is a thing of beauty.

There ya go.

What do you guys recon?

t5_monkey
Wednesday 14th December 2011, 14:23
I had a play with a D5 owner (all in good spirits)

and he gave me the middle finger !

So you're doing something right :)

M-R-P
Wednesday 14th December 2011, 14:27
I had a play with a D5 owner (all in good spirits)

and he gave me the middle finger !

So you're doing something right :)

Well, there was a look and a nod of mutual agreement that we both went in, knowing what we were doing (although he clearly didn't know about the contents of my engine bay lol) so whatever the outcome, it was just a bit of fun and the thumbs up clearly showed he knew that.
Quite quick, those new twin turbo D5s.

t5_monkey
Wednesday 14th December 2011, 14:36
People get techy with me when I put me foot down... it's prob the black wheels, big bore exhaust and tinted windows :)

yorkshire R
Wednesday 14th December 2011, 14:43
all i get is corsa's,saxo's etc wanting fun with me,i have been naughty with a few.. they go to overtake and i put my foot down and there just on the wrong side of the road looking stupid!

volvokid
Wednesday 14th December 2011, 15:56
all i get is corsa's,saxo's etc wanting fun with me,i have been naughty with a few.. they go to overtake and i put my foot down and there just on the wrong side of the road looking stupid!

You have to watch when you do that I did it to a Mk4 GTi the other week I was coming out of a 30 going onto a 60 and he went to over take so I put my foot down and he had to pull back in. The guy went mental at me. I sat at 60 he went past me the first chance he got and slammed his brakes on infront of me, i kept back, we got into another 30 and he tried to stop my car by slowing down infront, I went past him there was no way i was stopping, I didnt know who this guy was. Just that second as I past the guy a BMW traffic cop came round the corner, thank christ I was back in my lane or I would have got nailed.
I kept a cool head, I think it might be a sighn of me growing up lol.

Kingsford G
Wednesday 14th December 2011, 16:04
You have to watch when you do that I did it to a Mk4 GTi the other week I was coming out of a 30 going onto a 60 and he went to over take so I put my foot down and he had to pull back in. The guy went mental at me. I sat at 60 he went past me the first chance he got and slammed his brakes on infront of me, i kept back, we got into another 30 and he tried to stop my car by slowing down infront, I went past him there was no way i was stopping, I didnt know who this guy was. Just that second as I past the guy a BMW traffic cop came round the corner, thank christ I was back in my lane or I would have got nailed.
I kept a cool head, I think it might be a sighn of me growing up lol.

That is annoing and can be dangerous to other drivers.I`ve done the same as that guy many times when ppl piss me off by doing so.Let go and then overtake would be the right thing to do.Once I done it at very high speed in my old mk2 golf when a compressor merc driver showed his mid finger and put his foot down.

volvokid
Wednesday 14th December 2011, 16:08
whos to say I wasnt going to pull hard up to 60 anyway? he should have read the road a bit better. He didnt know how fast my car was and i didnt go above 60, so more fool him for trying to pass at that moment in time.

MattM
Wednesday 14th December 2011, 16:11
It's OK on a dual carriageway for a bit of a laugh, but I wouldn't do it on a single carriageway. I'm always doing the speed limit so if the car behind wants to overtake and go over the limit that's fine, I wouldn't dream of putting my foot down.

whos to say I wasnt going to pull hard up to 60 anyway? he should have read the road a bit better. He didnt know how fast my car was and i didnt go above 60, so more fool him for trying to pass at that moment in time.

Yea those types of drivers annoy me. They don't give you a chance to accelerate up to the correct speed, they have already decided to overtake you anyway. Dangerous!

volvokid
Wednesday 14th December 2011, 16:19
I acelerated from 30 to 60 I broke no law I let him past, he slammed his brakes on infront of me almost making me hit the rear of his car. How is this so hard to understand?????

MattM
Wednesday 14th December 2011, 16:26
I was agreeing with you.

The first part of my post was aimed at yorkshire R.

volvokid
Wednesday 14th December 2011, 16:26
Ah sorry Matt

volvokid
Wednesday 14th December 2011, 16:28
I could agree with the guy being anoid if I was potering about up to 60 and as soon as he went to pass I floored it but thats not what happened.

volvokid
Wednesday 14th December 2011, 16:29
I was agreeing with you.

The first part of my post was aimed at yorkshire R.

I never even seen the second part of your post DOH!!!

volvokid
Wednesday 14th December 2011, 16:32
I would love to tell the story I had with a X6 the day before on a dueller but I dare not, half my fault and half his but to tell you the truth after what happend thats the end of my road rage, I've never seen driving like his he didnt care if he killed me and him, this is why I let that golf pass no more rage from me.

MattM
Wednesday 14th December 2011, 16:36
It's always the BMW drivers that do the craziest driving to 'get it front'.

volvokid
Wednesday 14th December 2011, 16:40
Put it like this it was a brand new white X6 private plate ended in DFC (probably a football player) he undertook me and he had no place to go, but he managed to make a place and i left a little mark in my pants. NEVER AGAIN

M-R-P
Wednesday 14th December 2011, 16:45
I have a weekly issue with a tweaked up slover, blitzed him a few times a few months back and now he does whatever he can to get past me, which usually means he drives like a total c**t. I stay waaay back if I can't stay in front ;)

volvokid
Wednesday 14th December 2011, 16:47
I remember you saying this before Martin, I just thought to myself why should I let this **** in his 4x4 try to bully his way past me

Kingsford G
Wednesday 14th December 2011, 17:06
I remember you saying this before Martin, I just thought to myself why should I let this **** in his 4x4 try to bully his way past me

I wouldn`t,if he wants a smash give him one,if he wants a fight don`t fight just knock the p***k out.I see those p***ks every day as I drive for leaving at some point.

M-R-P
Wednesday 14th December 2011, 17:12
And it'll cost an X5 driver more to repair his car than it'll cost us to replace ours ;)

Kingsford G
Wednesday 14th December 2011, 17:14
And it'll cost an X5 driver more to repair his car than it'll cost us to replace ours ;)

That`s it.I hate a new ish car drivers or silmilar who think they own the road.Teach them a lesson.

yorkshire R
Wednesday 14th December 2011, 17:25
iv done that twice and was on a very long straight roads and nothing coming the other way,i think that was when i had the T4 the first time around so was younger and more stupid,since i was in a crash the other month iv become a nervous driver and will get out of driving if i can!

volvokid
Wednesday 14th December 2011, 17:33
It was an X6, and if we did crash I dont think I would be typing this just now, trust me guys if you were there you would understand this guy didnt care, there was no room inbetween me and the car infront (that was stuppid in my part) cuz i didnt want to let him in he swerved his X6 so hard to cut me up his car was almost side words if i never hit my brakes i would have hit his rear quarter pannel, and I dont want to think of that outcome at motorway speeds.

volvokid
Wednesday 14th December 2011, 17:36
iv done that twice and was on a very long straight roads and nothing coming the other way,i think that was when i had the T4 the first time around so was younger and more stupid,since i was in a crash the other month iv become a nervous driver and will get out of driving if i can!

You live and learn, I've had a few scares and im greatfull they were just scares. My mate wrote his car off racing some guy he hurt his passengers, one had a hip and back injury. He still hasnt slowed down since then.

Kingsford G
Wednesday 14th December 2011, 18:23
You live and learn, I've had a few scares and im greatfull they were just scares. My mate wrote his car off racing some guy he hurt his passengers, one had a hip and back injury. He still hasnt slowed down since then.

Allways happens when someone in the car and I can only swear can`t` do much where is if on my own a different story.There is place and time when u can put yr foot down otherwise it`s stupid.

foammanmark
Wednesday 14th December 2011, 18:34

Whilst doing my many miles up and down the UK, I would say that it's German cars in general rather than just BMW's, that just have to be in front of you. They also love to occupy the middle lane until it's their junction to come off, even when there's nothing in the nearside lane for as far as the eye can see. I think the traffic cops should sort the middle lane drivers rather than the speeders, as they also force more cars into the outside lane.

There, I feel a bit better now....

local-looney
Wednesday 14th December 2011, 19:58
On my way to work, I found myself alongside a 61 plate XC60 in pearly black paint. I think it was an Rdesign. and was a D5. Coming off a roundabout, glances were exchanged then a nod then wooosh... well, he went woosh, I spun both front wheels and the DSTC lost interest. This allowed the XC to pull out a bit of a lead. Having got the old girl under control and on boost in 3rd, I romped past as you'd expect, slowed to let him pull alongside so I could have a look at his car, then boosted ahead and pulled across in front to see a thumbs up from him in my mirror. What a beautiful poise those things have from the front, really admired the look of the thing. I know I say the new S60 stinks of mondeo but the XC60 really is a thing of beauty.

There ya go.

What do you guys recon?

in my 850 turboless...one day i will tell you when i nailed it and overtook a milkfloat...lol

MIKESC70T5
Wednesday 14th December 2011, 22:18

I resent that remark, not all Audi/ Bmw drivers are like that lol.

MattM
Wednesday 14th December 2011, 22:48
:P
OK just most of them then.

MIKESC70T5
Wednesday 14th December 2011, 23:04
:P
OK just most of them then.

We all know German car drivers are the best in the world and every other car should always move over for us :hilarious:hilarious

rockheadrumble
Thursday 15th December 2011, 20:00
Whilst doing my many miles up and down the UK, I would say that it's German cars in general rather than just BMW's, that just have to be in front of you. They also love to occupy the middle lane until it's their junction to come off, even when there's nothing in the nearside lane for as far as the eye can see. I think the traffic cops should sort the middle lane drivers rather than the speeders, as they also force more cars into the outside lane.

There, I feel a bit better now....

The problem here lie's with the fact that at no stage in the driving test motorways are covered! It seems totally F'ing bizarre to me that although these are the fastest and most dangerous roads in Britain you don't get tought or tested on them!!

I was asked by the driving instructor when I did my pass plus (after Id passed my test...obviously) which was the correct lane to drive in when on the motorway, well i replied 'the middle'. I had never been tought anything different because I had never been on the motorway!

Its ridiculous that we don't get tought motorway driving, my girlfriend won't drive the 140mile trip from her's to mine instead gets the train because she is nervous about driving on the motorway. If she were Id have a guess she would drive in the middle lane!

Joe

Kingsford G
Thursday 15th December 2011, 22:48
We all know German car drivers are the best in the world and every other car should always move over for us :hilarious:hilarious

Well they are very good,my favorite one is Audi but could only afford a vw.I can`t` say about drivers `cos if u r a dumb**s a car won`t` make a better driver(not talking about u personally)lol

afzalmj
Sunday 1st January 2012, 19:06
I had a play with an e92 m3 the other day and he was rather confused afterwards! Nice chap though :)

t5_monkey
Sunday 1st January 2012, 19:48

If Audi drivers and bad... and BMW drivers are bad....

what happens when someone drives BOTH ?! :) ...

http://i51.tinypic.com/2whfua9.jpg

mitchyboy01
Sunday 1st January 2012, 19:57
I wouldn`t,if he wants a smash give him one,if he wants a fight don`t fight just knock the p***k out.I see those p***ks every day as I drive for leaving at some point.

I banged out a guy who took offence to my driving and followed me to the local shopping centre. He blocked me in my space, got out and offered me out and threatened my GF. I got out, GF and new born still in my car, I tried to calm him but the insults and threats kept coming. I ended up banging him out in the car park and I'm now the one with the criminal record. So for the short term satisfaction of shutting him up I had to endure all the stress of the legal side of it. I regret it for the legal aspect, but the bloke 100% deserved it, and the way he wound me up (calling my GF a silly slag for trying to calm him down) he was lucky I didn't put the boot in too.