PDA

View Full Version : wheel size swap question.

kristoff007
Wednesday 14th December 2011, 04:23
Hi,

My 1995 850T5R has seen better days, and needs some new tires, and/or wheels.

It's a long story (involving a shredded space saver tire) but I have been recommended getting a standard 850 wheel to replace the space save spare as it will be much cheaper. The standard wheel will only be used in getting the car to the tire shop for new tires, and then in future be used as my spare wheel.

BTW. I am not worried about the boot carpet being raised over the standard size wheel.

My question is whether wheels from a standard 850 would fit my car. I have the stock 205/45/R17 and I'm not sure what the spec of the 15" or 16" standard 850 wheels are.

I only need the Front LHS wheel, but do i need to swap in pairs?

Will it be a simple swap, or not so easy?

Your comments are much appreciated.

Thanks

bigrotch
Wednesday 14th December 2011, 05:49
It all depends if you have the 302mm uprated discs if u still have standad 280mm disc then u can get 16" standad wheels to go on etc

kristoff007
Wednesday 14th December 2011, 05:54
Thanks for your help!

I just have the standard sized brakes.

So just to confirm, a 16" wheel and tire from normal 850 wheel diameter is the same as the 17" wheels from my 850?

If that is the case, then I need only replace one single wheel (ie. I don't have to swap them in pairs?)

Cheers for your help

bigrotch
Wednesday 14th December 2011, 06:01
As long as it's the 5 stud not the 4 stud it should be fine

kristoff007
Wednesday 14th December 2011, 06:03
thanks again, I'm off to the wreckers this weekend

Vikingxl
Wednesday 14th December 2011, 06:33
So just to check here you are going to buy a random volvo 16 inch alloy and put that on the car with three 17 inch alloys?

p fandango
Wednesday 14th December 2011, 07:15
So just to check here you are going to buy a random volvo 16 inch alloy and put that on the car with three 17 inch alloys?
i think its intended as a spare, but i'd still try & get hold of another 17" to use. I thought T-5R's came with 5 Titans unless you've got the 7seater conversion, in which case a full size wheel won't fit

JT
Wednesday 14th December 2011, 10:43
I have a space saver wheel up for grabs, not sure what size it is?
I can check later, if needed

Vikingxl
Wednesday 14th December 2011, 13:38
Postage to australia might be little pricey

JT
Wednesday 14th December 2011, 13:46
Postage to australia might be little pricey

Pmsl! Using my phone, didn't spot that!

Maybe I could take it personally, I need a holiday!! Lol

p fandango
Wednesday 14th December 2011, 14:20
I need a holiday!! Lol
your on holiday monday - friday lazy sod lol

kristoff007
Thursday 15th December 2011, 05:22
hey again,

To JohnnyTempest - Appreciate the thought, but shipping a space saver to Australia might be a bit costly!

To VikingXL, I know it'll look ****e, but i just need a spare wheel to get the car on the road and to the tire shop. The 16" wheel will be on the car for 1 day max, and from then on, it'll be stored in the boot of my car (raising the carpet a bit more than the space saver would have)

Pedro, Here in Australia , the T5R in 1995 came with 4 17" Titan 5 spoke rims, and 1 space save as a spare. A 5th Titan wheel would have been cool though.

The only reason I'm looking for a random 16" Volvo wheel is that, afetr many aggravating phone calls, I've found that space saver wheels here in Australia are either not available or over $300 each!

Cheers again lads

bigrotch
Thursday 15th December 2011, 05:37
Hi mate if you have got a 7 seat conversation then yes it will raise the boot floor abit if u haven't tho it will sit in there fin and the floor will be as normal