PDA

View Full Version : little body and soul refurb

Pages : [1] 2

WOODY T5
Tuesday 13th December 2011, 23:53
well time as now come after near 7years of have my t5 to take it off the road for a little work and a tidy up on the body and engine with a few mods.
nerust w coilovers suspension. sub frame bush`s brakes all round engine mounts and gearbox full service new exhaust manifold R uprated oilcooler alloy rad plus ???
as for the body 3xdoors and wing going on due to some rust front and back bumpers repainted new headlights and indicator and more,only down side to this i now have a mg zr 1.4 16v to run round in:-( only ad it a day missing the volvo already>>>.few pics and

AndysR
Wednesday 14th December 2011, 00:03
Shame to see it in such a way but it will be better than ever when it's done :)

The Flying Moose
Wednesday 14th December 2011, 16:19
Good work Woody, keep it up mate. Look forward to the finished pictures :)

T5frankie
Wednesday 14th December 2011, 16:36
custom spray job?

martybelfastt5
Wednesday 14th December 2011, 22:35
it can only benifit from this my own is in a similar state ,,on the upside it will feel great after that 25 lol,,,,

antz
Thursday 15th December 2011, 12:26
following with interest :)

The Flying Moose
Saturday 24th December 2011, 21:16
Im waiting for him to Kill me after this but...

Ever wondered what Woody T5 gets up to in his spare time???

What is he doing to that coil-over???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El5rn87vHyY&feature=youtu.be

WOODY T5
Sunday 1st January 2012, 21:18
well got a few things done over xmas 3 new doors and 1 wing fitted also got me coilovers fitted to witch as drop it down a lot but still need setting up think its a bit on the low side for me next job is bumpers sprayed and work on engine full service engine mounts gearbox and poly bulkhead mounts 3" maf housing R manifold.

some pics

smithy
Sunday 1st January 2012, 22:23
very nice mate next get that turbo done

martybelfastt5
Sunday 1st January 2012, 22:34
them wheels are sex,,,lol

Jim S70R
Sunday 1st January 2012, 22:45
Shes looking sweet

The Flying Moose
Sunday 1st January 2012, 23:30
I saw the thread update and panicked that you might have managed to get them photo's off your camera!!!

As ever looking good Woody.

WOODY T5
Monday 2nd January 2012, 00:08
oh this one of u messing with your pipes?????

The Flying Moose
Monday 2nd January 2012, 00:11
oh this one of u missing with your pipes?????

You bar steward!

Oh cheers, just noticed a "thin patch". Better get myself down the belgravia hair centre... either that or shave it off!

smithy
Monday 2nd January 2012, 00:24
you will have a hair style like me and dean soon lol

The Flying Moose
Monday 2nd January 2012, 00:32
you will have a hair style like me and dean soon lol

Cheers mate... Im assuming your working as your posting this late. No phone call recieved yet though???

Jamest5r
Monday 2nd January 2012, 00:34
Cheers mate... Im assuming your working as your posting this late. No phone call recieved yet though???

He's not working just avoiding the missus lol, normal phone calls will resume on tuesday lol.

smithy
Monday 2nd January 2012, 00:35

no mate back to work on tuesday night so no phone calls now

The Flying Moose
Monday 2nd January 2012, 00:36
He's not working just avoiding the missus lol, normal phone calls will resume on tuesday lol.

He is permanently avoiding the mrs, thats why he is clever and works nights ;)

Thank god for that, Id become so accustomed to them I was actually getting withdrawal symptoms.

smithy
Monday 2nd January 2012, 00:42
no probs lads carryon

lurchio2
Monday 2nd January 2012, 11:10
Are those wheels the same as yours. (smithy)

AndysR
Monday 2nd January 2012, 11:28
Looking good as always, should get even better traction off the mark at the 1/4 with a good setup on the coilovers :)

LiamT4
Monday 2nd January 2012, 13:58
Can't wait to see it when its finished. Does the engine work include forged pistons, bigger turbo, etc?

WOODY T5
Monday 2nd January 2012, 20:21
cant wait to get it finished to mate this mg zr is driving me nuts.as for rods and that not a the mo mate just doing R manifold and 3"maf for now but if the 1/4mile times start getting good then its rods pistons and turbo;-)

Jamest5r
Monday 2nd January 2012, 20:35
cant wait to get it finished to mate this mg zr is driving me nuts.as for rods and that not a the mo mate just doing R manifold and 3"maf for now but if the 1/4mile times start getting good then its rods pistons and turbo;-)

Don't worry mate mine wont be run in till July the way im going lol, and i still have some issue's.

T5frankie
Monday 2nd January 2012, 20:37

if your times start getting good? is that a joke lol

WOODY T5
Monday 2nd January 2012, 20:39
no mate lol

WOODY T5
Monday 2nd January 2012, 20:45
Don't worry mate mine wont be run in till July the way im going lol, and i still have some issue's.dont worry about wot? how many miles do u have to do?

Jamest5r
Monday 2nd January 2012, 20:50
dont worry about wot? how many miles do u have to do?

Another 847 lol but im leaking oil out of the cam cover through two of the bolt's so got to re tap them, always bloody something lol.

smithy
Monday 2nd January 2012, 22:39
Another 847 lol but im leaking oil out of the cam cover through two of the bolt's so got to re tap them, always bloody something lol.

simple thinks mate stop winging and get the running in done ,ive got loads to do yet lol

graemewelch
Monday 2nd January 2012, 23:32
what colur have you painted those nebs. thinking of refurbing mine

Niles
Tuesday 3rd January 2012, 12:11
You bar steward!

Oh cheers, just noticed a "thin patch". Better get myself down the belgravia hair centre... either that or shave it off!

just had my haircut. I'll save some and you can have it. :biggrin:

WOODY T5
Tuesday 3rd January 2012, 13:43
what colur have you painted those nebs. thinking of refurbing minehi mate its just a toyota met grey that i got from the paint store near me ?

WOODY T5
Sunday 8th January 2012, 23:25
well a few more jobs done today sorted my pcs out put a poly bulkhead mount on fitted a oil catch tanks and my 3"maf so not a bad days works bit of an engine clean to.

next on list engine mounts and poly bush gearbox

smithy
Sunday 8th January 2012, 23:31
well a few more jobs done today sorted my pcs out put a poly bulkhead mount on fitted a oil catch tanks and my 3"maf so not a bad days works bit of an engine clean to.

if i do say myself that looks nice and red

LiamT4
Sunday 8th January 2012, 23:36
looks good, but i reckon if you got all that red stuff carbon wrapped it would suit the colour of the car and go with really well with the cf strutbrace.

just an idea.

The Flying Moose
Sunday 8th January 2012, 23:41
if i do say myself that looks nice and red

Only Jealous because its faster than yours eh??? ;)

smithy
Sunday 8th January 2012, 23:42
Only Jealous because its faster than yours eh??? ;)

no mate a push bike is faster than mine at the minute lol

leet5r
Monday 9th January 2012, 18:49
lookin good deano , got the coilys on the vrs this weekend and difference is night and day , you only need a turbo and rods if some 1 gets nearl your times lol

Jamest5r
Monday 9th January 2012, 19:15

Hi Dean, where did you get the pipework for the catch tank from and what diameter is it? 15mm?.

Ps glad your running a catchtank now.....more weight :), thinking i need some of that new suspension stuff on mine :)

WOODY T5
Monday 9th January 2012, 20:22
ha ha more weight or could i now have less weight????/ yeah its 15mm of tbay cost 8.48 for 2meters mate

AndysR
Monday 9th January 2012, 20:24
Nice one, thinking about putting a catch tank on mine at some point. Does yours vent to atmosphere or does it recirculate back into the inlet?

WOODY T5
Monday 9th January 2012, 20:29
it vents to the atmosphere mate dont want that dirty stuff back in my car?

Jamest5r
Monday 9th January 2012, 20:34
Nice one, thinking about putting a catch tank on mine at some point. Does yours vent to atmosphere or does it recirculate back into the inlet?

To atmosphere mate thats the point of it so your not putting the crap back into the system, i run the out pipe to about half way down my car and it vents there but you will be amazed at the gunk that is collected in the tank.

AndysR
Monday 9th January 2012, 20:38
To atmosphere mate thats the point of it so your not putting the crap back into the system, i run the out pipe to about half way down my car and it vents there but you will be amazed at the gunk that is collected in the tank.

Yeah the only problem with that is I hate the smell when your sitting in traffic plus technically it's illegal, I'd probably go for an oil seperator and plumb it back into the system that way the bulk of it is collected in the seperator with the minor stuff being re-absorbed.

WOODY T5
Monday 9th January 2012, 21:14
got me new oil cooler kit today 19row should keep the oil temp down a bit so job for 2moz also got a 2.5 radiator to fit hence now having oil cooler kit >>>>>

leet5r
Tuesday 10th January 2012, 00:57
Another top mod m8. Coming along nicely now bud. Where you going to put the oil cooler then.

T4Rick
Sunday 15th January 2012, 21:54
got me new oil cooler kit today 19row should keep the oil temp down a bit so job for 2moz also got a 2.5 radiator to fit hence now having oil cooler kit >>>>>

Hi mate what did you pay for your oil cooler

Dan850r
Sunday 15th January 2012, 22:01
What kind of engine oil temps are you running now?

WOODY T5
Sunday 15th January 2012, 23:27
Hi mate what did you pay for your oil coolerhi rick got the full kit off tbay for 140 ad to mod my oil pipes to fit it.

WOODY T5
Sunday 15th January 2012, 23:27
What kind of engine oil temps are you running now?dont know yet mate just fitted it to day not drove it yet only run it up.

WOODY T5
Sunday 15th January 2012, 23:33
well a few more jobs done today both engine mounts on and oil cooler fitted just a few jobs to do now then then back on road to test it
e.g set coilovers up check afr gauge due to 3"maf mod

T5RPete
Sunday 15th January 2012, 23:41
Like that Dean, loads of stuff happened since I saw it last! Very impressive

The Flying Moose
Monday 16th January 2012, 00:14
Looking good Dean, although I have to say I did chuckle! That massive intercooler and a huge oil cooler... it looks an absolute machine.

The question is though... all the gear no idea??? Look forward to seeing her on the track mate.

smithy
Monday 16th January 2012, 00:38
well a few more jobs done today both engine mounts on and oil cooler fitted just a few jobs to do now then then back on road to test it
e.g set coilovers up check afr gauge due to 3"maf mod

that was a nice idea putting an external oil cooler on an 850 i should do that on my 940 .thanks for the idea and your car looks the nuts now mate now lets see how she performs.

Jim S70R
Monday 16th January 2012, 13:28
Looking good, as said above that intercooler is massive. Looking forward to seeing this monster in action too.

p fandango
Monday 16th January 2012, 14:08
looks a very good kit, can i be cheeky & ask for a link. My concern would be the unions coming from underneath & being so low look vulnerable to knocks

WOODY T5
Monday 16th January 2012, 14:47
ebay 190478354393 is a nice kit mate

BlackBeast
Monday 16th January 2012, 16:36
Be very careful with cheap oil coolers. You get what you pay for. Two words - pressure drop.

AndysR
Monday 16th January 2012, 23:08
Smart looking cooler, with the bumper on is there any direct air feed to the cooler or will it rely on surrounding air flow?

WOODY T5
Wednesday 18th January 2012, 22:00
looks a very good kit, can i be cheeky & ask for a link. My concern would be the unions coming from underneath & being so low look vulnerable to knocksyeah mate think u was right about it being a bit low so have now moved it up a bit. also get more air to it.

WOODY T5
Wednesday 18th January 2012, 22:04
well not much left to do now just waiting on getting my bumper back from my paint guy but did buy some nice seats for it

Jim S70R
Wednesday 18th January 2012, 22:05
They should keep you put under heavy cornering ;)

AndysR
Wednesday 18th January 2012, 22:32
Nice seats :)

martybelfastt5
Thursday 19th January 2012, 00:10
mmm,they are nice always fancied some recaros myself

WOODY T5
Wednesday 25th January 2012, 22:36
well got me car finished tonite and is back on road and feels great with the mods i have done must say these bc coilovers feel very good over bumps and in corners to the koni yellows i did have on 3" maf housing feels much better pulls very nice .cars also looks a lot better with its new body panel and a fresh coat of paint on the front bumper wiper hole pluged to tidy the front up as for the oilcooler just got it in the right place gets lots of air.
have also got me corba buckets in was a bit dark for a pic of them but will upload soon.

just glad to get out of this ££££ing rover and back in to a real car will got some good pics when its ad wash and wax

Dan850r
Wednesday 25th January 2012, 22:46
Fornt end looks tidy, looks a lot neater without the wipers

LiamT4
Wednesday 25th January 2012, 22:53
Looking good, can't wait to see it at WD40.

I definatly prefer cars with the headlight wipers removed.

martybelfastt5
Wednesday 25th January 2012, 22:54
looks smart,,,,tho i want full car pics not teasers lol

leet5r
Thursday 26th January 2012, 17:04
lookin well m8 , just get the coilovers wound down to get the stance right , have to get some more pics up m8

Jamest5r
Thursday 26th January 2012, 17:13
Looking nice dean :)

GregE102
Thursday 26th January 2012, 17:18
Which BC's do you have? and what are your spring rates please?
I dont have the 3" Maf Housing its one of the few things left to do on my car!

All Looks very nice Woody Enjoy!!!!

WOODY T5
Thursday 26th January 2012, 21:27
Which BC's do you have? and what are your spring rates please?
I dont have the 3" Maf Housing its one of the few things left to do on my car!

All Looks very nice Woody Enjoy!!!!all i know mate is there the bc v1`s but like i say it feels good on the road could give u the part number if that helps greg

GregE102
Thursday 26th January 2012, 22:01
all i know mate is there the bc v1`s but like i say it feels good on the road could give u the part number if that helps greg

LOL thanks mate!

I was the first person to have them fitted to an 850 in the UK and i did not get on with them? I think my spring rates where to high and the rear set up was different then! i managed to dislocate the rear spring barrel set on track and went trough loads of trial on the settings and could not get them to work for me?

In the end i sent them back but like i say since then they have revised the rear set up and changed the spring rates!

Hope they serve you well! and by the sounds of it they are!

Cheers Greg

WOODY T5
Sunday 29th January 2012, 23:41
been out for a run to york today car feels very good and as for the bc`s coilovers feel very good on the road as i said before ride quality and grip is spot on to.
also met smithson in york any way few pics of my car now also my new seats

smithson007
Sunday 29th January 2012, 23:46
been out for a run to york today car feels very good and as for the bc`s coilovers feel very good on the road as i said before ride quality and grip is spot on to.
also met smithson in york any way few pics of my car now also my new seats

My old girl's been getting herself about this weekend. Lol

martybelfastt5
Monday 30th January 2012, 00:01
looks exellent!! any pics of the base of the seats at the runners?

Wobbly Dave
Monday 30th January 2012, 00:11
what do your oil pressure/temps look like?

The Flying Moose
Monday 30th January 2012, 11:33
Both cars look Fantastic in the pictures. The stance on your car now Dean, well it looks awesome.

Really like the seats too, unlike many bucket seats they dont look out of place in your motor.

LiamT4
Monday 30th January 2012, 16:18
The seats suit the car well and proper sports seats are supposed to help a lot when on a track.

T5frankie
Monday 30th January 2012, 16:22
bitch lol

antz
Monday 30th January 2012, 16:23
looks amazing Dean!

WOODY T5
Monday 30th January 2012, 18:38
looks exellent!! any pics of the base of the seats at the runners?thanks mate no pics of seats but i did use the runners off my 850 to bolt them to also using some 25mm angle iron to fit them will get u a pic

WOODY T5
Monday 30th January 2012, 18:39
what do your oil pressure/temps look like?dont know on that one dave but does look like it runs cooler mate

T4Rick
Monday 30th January 2012, 19:26
Nice car mate i want some seats like yours.Is there a big difference in weight between the cobras and the volvo seat?

AndysR
Monday 30th January 2012, 19:31
Looking good Dean, nice work both cars complementing each other nicely :)

WOODY T5
Wednesday 14th March 2012, 21:49
little update new brakes ap`s and new momo steering fitted now not a lot left to do now.
next project will be new engine build as this one is coming up 200k now

LiamT4
Wednesday 14th March 2012, 21:52
How do you make great looking wheels look even better? Stick some massive brakes behind them. lol

Very, very nice.

T5frankie
Wednesday 14th March 2012, 21:56
little update new brakes ap`s and new momo steering fitted now not a lot left to do now.
next project will be new engine build as this one is coming up 200k now

momo ripspeed lol, i used to have a momo champion on my cosworth with removable boss adaptor, nice steering wheel that i took with me when i got out lol

WOODY T5
Wednesday 14th March 2012, 22:04
i know i know mate ripspeed on the look out for the momo horn botton didnt think any one would notice that doh

T5frankie
Wednesday 14th March 2012, 22:06
ha ha thats just embarrassing lol

M-R-P
Wednesday 14th March 2012, 23:01
Ripspeed? oh dear!
"Nurse, it's happened again"
:)

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 14th March 2012, 23:28
where have I seen one of those before?

http://www.bigredvolvos.co.uk/images/myOldVolvo740/FRONT%20Inside.JPG

Jim S70R
Thursday 15th March 2012, 13:29
Nice little update, brakes look sweet!!

T5RPete
Thursday 15th March 2012, 20:57
Like it dean! Brakes look good, I bet they've got some power!

Whats are ya plans for the next engine? Or are you just swapping the same stuff over from this one?

WOODY T5
Thursday 15th March 2012, 21:10
cheers pete think of full rebuild on an engine forge rods wisco pistons ported and pol head as for turbo cant says to much?

LiamT4
Thursday 15th March 2012, 21:15
cheers pete think of full rebuild on an engine forge rods wisco pistons ported and pol head as for turbo cant says to much?

Because a 13.5sec on the 1/4mile just aint quick enough! lol

It'll be a serious weapon when its finished.

WOODY T5
Thursday 15th March 2012, 22:01
Because a 13.5sec on the 1/4mile just aint quick enough! lol

It'll be a serious weapon when its finished.yeah tis a good time mate will do some drag days this year to see if i can beat that but with a new engine and bits will be looking for low 12s would be nice

T5frankie
Thursday 15th March 2012, 22:06
yeah tis a good time mate will do some drag days this year to see if i can beat that but with a new engine and bits will be looking for low 12s would be nice

looks like the s70r will always be chasing then dean

WOODY T5
Thursday 15th March 2012, 22:13
Yeah mate would love to see that like

WOODY T5
Sunday 1st April 2012, 20:47
long a waited cars going in to paint shop 2moz to have all the near side painted or and a new wheel arch fitted to some pics of the rust witch i have been putting off for year now

claymore
Sunday 1st April 2012, 20:49
That's an unusual place to rust on an 850 isn't it?

martybelfastt5
Sunday 1st April 2012, 21:16
havent seen that before,,,,,,,

LiamT4
Sunday 1st April 2012, 21:42
That's an unusual place to rust on an 850 isn't it?

Probably been in a little bump many years back.

t5 pete
Sunday 1st April 2012, 21:44
A couple of the cars ive broke have rusted there but not that bad also you wouldnt believe the ammount of rust and holes some have had under the cill covers

craigoodwood
Sunday 1st April 2012, 22:18
i know i know mate ripspeed on the look out for the momo horn botton didnt think any one would notice that doh

better late than never, is this any use to you?? i realise it says gti on it and its mostly green :)
http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/ww155/craig-abby/DSC00664.jpg

WOODY T5
Thursday 5th April 2012, 22:29
well car is now back in my hands after 4 days and he as done a very good job @ a good price well happy the way its turned out back bumper next

smithson007
Thursday 5th April 2012, 23:08
Looking good Dean. He's made a nice job of it.

leet5r
Thursday 5th April 2012, 23:16
looks mint deano , but a did like the gaffer tape effect lol

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 5th April 2012, 23:32
Pink scooter - is there something you want to tell us about?

WOODY T5
Thursday 5th April 2012, 23:42
looks mint deano , but a did like the gaffer tape effect lolcheers mate as for the gaffer tape hope i dont need it again lol

WOODY T5
Thursday 5th April 2012, 23:44
Pink scooter - is there something you want to tell us about?dam u seen it ok ok use it as my pit bike lol

merc85
Thursday 5th April 2012, 23:45
Thats dam fine looking t5 Dean

WOODY T5
Thursday 5th April 2012, 23:45
Looking good Dean. He's made a nice job of it.thanks mate great job only cost 270 for the all side

WOODY T5
Tuesday 10th April 2012, 21:35
day of today so finally got round to giving it a good wash and wax after all the bodywork thats been done over the last few weeks some pics

martybelfastt5
Tuesday 10th April 2012, 21:40
TASTY it looking fine mate,,,,,,,,is that an estae tail pipe on there sit out a lot

daza-b
Tuesday 10th April 2012, 21:40
day of today so finally got round to giving it a good wash and wax after all the bodywork thats been done over the last few weeks some pics

looks shinneeyyy lol

smithson007
Tuesday 10th April 2012, 21:44
Very nice Dean. Cars looking well mate.

t5 pete
Tuesday 10th April 2012, 21:45
very very very very nice dean

Kingsford G
Tuesday 10th April 2012, 21:45
There is a guy near endyke lane in hull who did a good painting job a few times on my mates car.Car looking good mate.

WOODY T5
Tuesday 10th April 2012, 21:49
There is a guy near endyke lane in hull who did a good painting job a few times on my mates car.Car looking good mate.thats just round corner from me who was it?

WOODY T5
Tuesday 10th April 2012, 21:53
TASTY it looking fine mate,,,,,,,,is that an estae tail pipe on there sit out a lotthink its because its the obx exhaust mate

leet5r
Thursday 12th April 2012, 01:12
looks mint now m8 , very impressed like , hope you dont become a buffty queen now lol

V70 Graham
Thursday 12th April 2012, 09:27
Very nice clean car, you must be really pleased.

volvokid
Thursday 12th April 2012, 09:41
I've always liked this car, good job

M-R-P
Thursday 12th April 2012, 09:45
I've not seen many others in this colour, looks superb mate, you must be well pleased with it ;)

WOODY T5
Wednesday 23rd May 2012, 14:12
some more bits to go on.
manage to get hold of some rear carriers to do my conversion on the R rear brake set
finally got me turbo back after having the 20g conversion and uprated 360 on my 19t @ turbo technics did take them 5 weeks to do this some pics

T5frankie
Wednesday 23rd May 2012, 14:50
some more bits to go on.
manage to get hold of some rear carriers to do my conversion on the R rear brake set
finally got me turbo back after having the 20g conversion and uprated 360 on my 19t @ turbo technics did take them 5 weeks to do this some pics

git lol

The Flying Moose
Wednesday 23rd May 2012, 15:41
Nice turbo my Woody! :)

Whens it getting bolted on???

WOODY T5
Wednesday 23rd May 2012, 15:51
Was gunner do it 2nite but weathers to good for that out on the fireblade 2nite will be weekend mate

p fandango
Wednesday 23rd May 2012, 16:10
how much did the turbo work cost if you don't mind me asking? still don't really want to take mine off, but want it 20g'd lol

smithy
Wednesday 23rd May 2012, 16:54
400 pounds and the dreaded vat I think

T5frankie
Wednesday 23rd May 2012, 16:58
mine's next

WOODY T5
Wednesday 23rd May 2012, 19:05
Cost me 240 all in ;-)

T5frankie
Wednesday 23rd May 2012, 19:13
Cost me 240 all in ;-)

really got a link mate?

leet5r
Wednesday 23rd May 2012, 21:16
turbo looks like a serious bit of kit m8 , you need them brakes on now lol

The Flying Moose
Thursday 24th May 2012, 17:12
Cost me 240 all in ;-)

Now thats what you call.... ***cough*** mates rates!

danny-R
Thursday 24th May 2012, 17:16
Like it wasn't fast enough Dean lol

merc85
Thursday 24th May 2012, 21:21
Dam pritty car Dean, You should be very very proud.

T5RPete
Thursday 24th May 2012, 21:28
Very impressed man!! Huge inspiration this car is

WOODY T5
Thursday 24th May 2012, 22:12
Like it wasn't fast enough Dean lolalways room for a little mo danny

WOODY T5
Thursday 24th May 2012, 22:15
Dam pritty car Dean, You should be very very proud.cheers merc put a lot of time and effort in so tis me pride and joy;-)

WOODY T5
Thursday 24th May 2012, 22:17
Very impressed man!! Huge inspiration this car ischeers pete lets hope we do cadwell again for another passage ride a?

The Flying Moose
Friday 25th May 2012, 10:17
cheers pete lets hope we do cadwell again for another passage ride a?

Pete got it all wrong... this car "IS" the inspiration.

You dont win all the trophies for being slow eh Dean?

leet5r
Saturday 26th May 2012, 00:18
this bolted on yet m8, we need a dyno up motorscope again

danny-R
Saturday 26th May 2012, 11:14
this bolted on yet m8, we need a dyno up motorscope again

Pick me up on the way past if you do lee ;)

WOODY T5
Saturday 26th May 2012, 16:22
this bolted on yet m8, we need a dyno up motorscope againWill be on 2moz mate defo up for dyno day soon be nice to know wot it kicks out!

leet5r
Saturday 26th May 2012, 21:01
yeah cool , a might have the cossie on the road by then aswell lol

WOODY T5
Sunday 27th May 2012, 23:07
right then 20g is now and running and wot a big diffrents from the 19t i was running pulls really hard all the way 7000 revs no boost drop does have a bit more lag but once it goes its quick some pics of the turbo next to a 16t or and some pics of the car after a wash and wax

leet5r
Monday 28th May 2012, 00:01
looking well m8 , the inlet looks massive to the 16t , bet it flys now , sure you cant make york lol

WOODY T5
Monday 28th May 2012, 09:06
looking well m8 , the inlet looks massive to the 16t , bet it flys now , sure you cant make york lolwould love to mate but boss on is hols so got to work ;-(

leet5r
Monday 28th May 2012, 09:16
smithy might win something this time then lol , am defo up for a dyno run at motorsocpe like mate

LiamT4
Monday 28th May 2012, 16:53
Your car is absolutly stunning mate, one of the best looking 850s i'v seen.

and it goes like a rocket. lol

The Flying Moose
Monday 28th May 2012, 21:01
Looking fecking stunning Dean... really look forward to seeing what that performs like both on paper and on the road.

You'll have to take us for a spin next time I pass if your not at York.

woody
Monday 28th May 2012, 21:29
Cracking effort Dean, lovely car. My project has dried up for now due to buying a house! She's running smoothly though, so can't grumble. lol

Keep up the great work!

WOODY T5
Monday 28th May 2012, 23:55
Looking fecking stunning Dean... really look forward to seeing what that performs like both on paper and on the road.

You'll have to take us for a spin next time I pass if your not at York.yeah mate think if anyone knows the performance of my car tis u as u have been in it before the 20g upgrade

T5RPete
Wednesday 30th May 2012, 18:16
That looks awesome man!!

martybelfastt5
Wednesday 30th May 2012, 18:50
sounds and looks great!!!

WOODY T5
Sunday 30th September 2012, 14:32
cars still going very good not much to report on over the last few months but i have put 2 new tryes on front nankang AS-1 same very good lot more grip over the last ones i was running called lassa by michelin;-)

The Flying Moose
Sunday 30th September 2012, 20:44
cars still going very good not much to report on over the last few months but i have put 2 new tryes on front nankang AS-1 same very good lot more grip over the last ones i was running called lassa by michelin;-)

You've done what!!! Nankang No grips? Thats what they used to be called at least...

Are you sure they are better than the Lassa's Dean? I cant find a single decent review...
http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Nankang/AS1.htm

LiamT4
Sunday 30th September 2012, 21:00
You've done what!!! Nankang No grips? Thats what they used to be called at least...

Are you sure they are better than the Lassa's Dean? I cant find a single decent review...
http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Nankang/AS1.htm

lol ditchfinders!

I'v always wanted a ride in deans car..........now i'm not so sure ;-)

WOODY T5
Sunday 30th September 2012, 22:08

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Nankang/AS1.htmOr sorry mate looks like I have done wrong lol

WOODY T5
Sunday 30th September 2012, 22:11
lol ditchfinders!

I'v always wanted a ride in deans car..........now i'm not so sure ;-)Always got the gripper to fall back on mate on the other hand them lazza's must be crap."

LiamT4
Monday 1st October 2012, 20:33
Always got the gripper to fall back on mate on the other hand them lazza's must be crap."

I'v never used either of them to be honest, if they're better than the last ones they can't be that bad.......can they?? lol

T5frankie
Monday 1st October 2012, 21:23
i have nankangs on the front of my impreza, absolutely useless especially on the track

WOODY T5
Wednesday 21st November 2012, 22:53
time for a little update full stage 0 service done for RR day on sunday also fitted new twin pillar pod with new boost gauge hope u like

V70 Graham
Thursday 22nd November 2012, 09:41
That twin pod looks great, good job.

The Flying Moose
Thursday 22nd November 2012, 20:15
Fine job there Dean. Is it a proper Volvo pod?

Do AEM do boost guages? look good to have a matching pair too. Probably expensive though.

WOODY T5
Wednesday 30th January 2013, 21:59
update not much new number plates with carbon letters and some led number plate bulbs hope u like
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b583/Bigdt5t/IMG_1187_zps0d9961ea.jpg

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 30th January 2013, 22:03
Looks well

smithy
Wednesday 30th January 2013, 22:14
update not much new number plates with carbon letters and some led number plate bulbs hope u like
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b583/Bigdt5t/IMG_1187_zps0d9961ea.jpg

Looks nice mate

martybelfastt5
Wednesday 30th January 2013, 22:20
nice love the carbon boot panel looks so good on a light colour

WOODY T5
Friday 8th February 2013, 16:11
should help it down the road a bit;-)
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b583/Bigdt5t/Picture_zps45ced924.jpg sachs clamp cover to

The Flying Moose
Friday 8th February 2013, 16:49
Very nice indeed Mr Smithness!

5 paddle clutch should be fairly smooth too.

Cue the extra stallions... or have you simply purchased all the Finders Lasagne's you could get your hands on??? ;)

WOODY T5
Saturday 16th February 2013, 21:45
First drive out 2moz will be back on the road now the snow as gone Carnt wait to here and feel that turbo spool:-)

T5frankie
Saturday 16th February 2013, 21:49
First drive out 2moz will be back on the road now the snow as gone Can't wait to here and feel that turbo spool:-)

lol at your "frank and jim need more power this year" mine will be done soon enough so i'll be chasing you lol

WOODY T5
Saturday 16th February 2013, 21:51
Wot chasing me again right

WOODY T5
Saturday 16th February 2013, 21:52
lol at your "frank and jim need more power this year" mine will be done soon enough so i'll be chasing you lolu do need more pork lol

T5frankie
Saturday 16th February 2013, 21:53
u do need more pork lol

pork? lol you mean poke? dont worry mate its all coming together

WOODY T5
Saturday 16th February 2013, 21:54
Yeah like last year lol or more horse

T5frankie
Saturday 16th February 2013, 21:58
Yeah like last year lol or more horse

no mate starting from scratch all over again

WOODY T5
Saturday 16th February 2013, 21:59
Good hope it all goes ok wot map u using then

T5frankie
Saturday 16th February 2013, 22:02
Good hope it all goes ok wot map u using then

ill be going custom map mate

WOODY T5
Monday 18th February 2013, 22:24
it feels very nice?

t5 pete
Monday 18th February 2013, 22:27
it feels very nice?

Pmsl thats a brilliant comment to come out with out of the blue i darent ask what feels nice lol

smithy
Monday 18th February 2013, 22:38
What feels nice mate having a turbo again lol

WOODY T5
Monday 18th February 2013, 22:49
yeah not having to put petrol in that vectra lol

Jamest5r
Monday 18th February 2013, 23:24
It's his b'day and the wife was good to him for once :)

WOODY T5
Sunday 10th March 2013, 16:08
update couple of things done one is a new K N filter bigger then the bsr one is was running other ad a go at wrapping my lip spoiler today in carbon sheet turned out nice and then a quick hand wash
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b583/Bigdt5t/IMG_1272_zps85442eae.jpg
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b583/Bigdt5t/IMG_1273_zps7a1de065.jpg
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b583/Bigdt5t/IMG_1271_zps29646184.jpg
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b583/Bigdt5t/IMG_1229_zps3fd2364e.jpg
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b583/Bigdt5t/IMG_1275_zpsd73b8513.jpg

V70 Graham
Sunday 10th March 2013, 16:27
Carbon lip looks good, must be another couple of hp right there lol

smithy
Sunday 10th March 2013, 17:14
What's the sound like with the bigger filter mate and nice front splitter

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 10th March 2013, 18:00
Wish there was a carbon lip for the C70.

WOODY T5
Monday 11th March 2013, 19:04
What's the sound like with the bigger filter mate and nice front splittersounds the same i think? not kicked its backside yet

WOODY T5
Monday 11th March 2013, 19:05
Carbon lip looks good, must be another couple of hp right there lolclucth wont take much more mate;-)

Kingsford G
Monday 11th March 2013, 19:23
update couple of things done one is a new K N filter bigger then the bsr one is was running other ad a go at wrapping my lip spoiler today in carbon sheet turned out nice and then a quick hand wash
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b583/Bigdt5t/IMG_1272_zps85442eae.jpg
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b583/Bigdt5t/IMG_1273_zps7a1de065.jpg
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b583/Bigdt5t/IMG_1271_zps29646184.jpg
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b583/Bigdt5t/IMG_1229_zps3fd2364e.jpg
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b583/Bigdt5t/IMG_1275_zpsd73b8513.jpg

Them wheels look nice mate,overall the car looks great.Front splitters makes them look more agressive,me want 1 too lol

The Flying Moose
Monday 11th March 2013, 20:16
Dean as ever looks the Nuts mate... :)

Fast, great handling and looks the part a rare combination... abit like the intelligent drop dead stunning blonde, rarely happens!

iancho
Tuesday 12th March 2013, 04:57
You have done a neat job mate, its the little touches that make all the difference... nice one! :B_thumb:

WOODY T5
Thursday 14th March 2013, 19:36
well after see the grill that martin did for iancho in carbon got me thinking so i ask him to do one in carbon and here it is hope u like
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b583/Bigdt5t/IMG_1284_zpse778a221.jpg

big thanks martin very happy ;-)

iancho
Thursday 14th March 2013, 19:38
Now that looks the dog's nut's mate... a little bling goes along way! :B_thumb:

Kingsford G
Thursday 14th March 2013, 19:41
well after see the grill that martin did for iancho in carbon got me thinking so i ask him to do one in carbon and here it is hope u like

U got yrs too.Its an amazing fast delivery,he posted yrs and mine yesterday and mine was at the door step 7.30am.That looks the nuts mate,stick it on and post some pics.

danny-R
Thursday 14th March 2013, 19:45
Very smart, take a pic with it fitted.

V70 Graham
Thursday 14th March 2013, 19:58
Now that looks the dog's nut's mate... a little bling goes along way! :B_thumb:

It does look very nice, but I think you'll find it's the 'Chickens Lips' :haha:

WOODY T5
Thursday 14th March 2013, 19:58
would do mate but its peeing here car is nice and clean sat in the garage dont want to get him wet lol

iancho
Thursday 14th March 2013, 20:03
It does look damn nice Dean... Martin is quite the expert when it comes to Grills.... All this extra Carbon could slow you down lol

WOODY T5
Thursday 14th March 2013, 20:10
no mate car as now been on a diet so its lighter then last year its only paper lol

iancho
Thursday 14th March 2013, 20:14
no mate car as now been on a diet so its lighter then last year its only paper lol

Paper with rocket fuel lol

WOODY T5
Thursday 14th March 2013, 20:17
Paper with rocket fuel lolyeah who needs big turbo`s?

HowHard
Thursday 14th March 2013, 20:27
Dayum!!! Lubbly jubbly motor you got there indeed, need a nice pic showing the lip and new grille in the sun now :)

M-R-P
Thursday 14th March 2013, 21:09
Glad you like it mate, Looking forward to seeing it fitted ;)

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 14th March 2013, 21:33
think it'll look really smart on yours, particularly as it will tie in nicely with the carbon lip. Good work.

martybelfastt5
Friday 15th March 2013, 12:05
that grill looks unreal!

WOODY T5
Friday 15th March 2013, 20:59
more updates time for engine build now car is sorted taken the plunge and get some rods on order
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b583/Bigdt5t/IMG_1293_zps37ee7b44.png

LiamT4
Friday 15th March 2013, 21:03

Looks excellent mate.

Still can't believe your on standard rods.

smithy
Friday 15th March 2013, 21:58
more updates time for engine build now car is sorted taken the plunge and get some rods on order
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b583/Bigdt5t/IMG_1293_zps37ee7b44.png

Very nice sir I do say .

The Flying Moose
Friday 15th March 2013, 22:08
Rods.... chuffin ell! Nobody stands a chance now...

Jamest5r
Friday 15th March 2013, 23:19
What's the plan then Dean?

WOODY T5
Friday 15th March 2013, 23:34
Don't know yet mate get rods in first have a little play with this 19t get the 3inch maf done and a tt ecu?

iancho
Saturday 16th March 2013, 05:43
Your not letting the grass grow under your feet then mate... Best year ever if you ask me :B_thumb:

WOODY T5
Tuesday 19th March 2013, 21:54
new 4300k hid kit fitted also done me side lights with some 9 led bulbs time for an oil change????????
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b583/Bigdt5t/IMG_1299_zpsac864a4f.jpg
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b583/Bigdt5t/IMG_1297_zpsedc55d12.jpg
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b583/Bigdt5t/IMG_1305_zps9211544f.jpg

T5frankie
Tuesday 19th March 2013, 22:02
new 4300k hid kit fitted also done me side lights with some 9 led bulbs time for an oil change????????

are they as near to white as you can get?

Jamest5r
Tuesday 19th March 2013, 22:03
10/60 :) at least you drive the tits off it :)

T5frankie
Tuesday 19th March 2013, 22:04
you going avon dean?

WOODY T5
Tuesday 19th March 2013, 22:17
are they as near to white as you can get?yeah mate not bad kit for the money

WOODY T5
Tuesday 19th March 2013, 22:18
10/60 :) at least you drive the tits off it :)not for bad for 20pound tho.

WOODY T5
Tuesday 19th March 2013, 22:20
you going avon dean?got nowt to beat?

M-R-P
Tuesday 19th March 2013, 22:40
Hello... is that the new grille I see there? :D

are they as near to white as you can get?
Fitted the same kit last night Frankie and yes they are proper white with some faint green/yellow/blue round the edge of the beam pattern.
http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g413/martinrpeachey/projects/IMAG0136_zpsc95cd91f.jpg

WOODY T5
Tuesday 19th March 2013, 22:47
it tis mate not ad any sun light yet for a good pic;-)

M-R-P
Tuesday 19th March 2013, 22:52
Looking good dude ;)

WOODY T5
Tuesday 19th March 2013, 23:13
have these so far
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b583/Bigdt5t/IMG_1289_zps1efe5dde.jpg
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b583/Bigdt5t/IMG_1285_zps7934ce79.jpg

M-R-P
Tuesday 19th March 2013, 23:20
Sweet - When I did Ian's grille, the pattern on the slash matched the pattern on the surround purely by fluke - this time it was deliberate (and a PITA lol)

Wanna see it with the splitter... ;)

mr shifter
Wednesday 20th March 2013, 09:39
That grille looks the nuts matey. Love this thread.:wink:
Ps, what wheels are they?

Kingsford G
Wednesday 20th March 2013, 10:10
have these so far
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b583/Bigdt5t/IMG_1289_zps1efe5dde.jpg
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b583/Bigdt5t/IMG_1285_zps7934ce79.jpg

The grill looks good.

WOODY T5
Tuesday 9th April 2013, 22:52
not much to report on but been busy getting some bits new for the next level of power?
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b583/Bigdt5t/IMG_1370_zps8d65638e.jpg
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b583/Bigdt5t/IMG_1369_zps12d44549.jpg

t5 pete
Tuesday 9th April 2013, 23:27
Some very nice bits there dean have you decided what turbo to go for

AndysR
Tuesday 9th April 2013, 23:32
As if it's not fast enough.. It's going to be insane, you of course realise this ;)

WOODY T5
Tuesday 9th April 2013, 23:48
Some very nice bits there dean have you decided what turbo to go forbeen think on gt2871r lines dont wont to go to bigger because of lag?

t5 pete
Wednesday 10th April 2013, 17:27
been think on gt2871r lines dont wont to go to bigger because of lag?

Very nice will give good power

iancho
Wednesday 10th April 2013, 20:42
Mental, Just Mental ! :B_thumb:

claymore
Wednesday 10th April 2013, 21:23
GT2871 would be a good choice, and good for 450bhp

Jamest5r
Wednesday 10th April 2013, 21:27
not much to report on but been busy getting some bits new for the next level of power?
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b583/Bigdt5t/IMG_1370_zps8d65638e.jpg
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b583/Bigdt5t/IMG_1369_zps12d44549.jpg

What injectors are those mate look nice and fat lol

WOODY T5
Thursday 11th April 2013, 18:52
750cc mate

WOODY T5
Friday 3rd May 2013, 21:25
not much to report of late just a stage 0 service done ready for york;-)
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b583/Bigdt5t/IMG_1399_zps598c32de.jpg (http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/Bigdt5t/media/IMG_1399_zps598c32de.jpg.html)

iancho
Saturday 4th May 2013, 21:00
Keep on spoling her mate :B_thumb: We all know thats not Normal oil your putting in... Must be some Radioactive Stuff as you've grown another Limb to be able to take that Pic :)

WOODY T5
Sunday 5th May 2013, 21:43
thought i would ad this to my project to
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b583/Bigdt5t/IMG_1126_zps7060e047.jpg (http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/Bigdt5t/media/IMG_1126_zps7060e047.jpg.html)tis WHP to

AndysR
Sunday 5th May 2013, 21:50
Such an epic car :)

WOODY T5
Sunday 5th May 2013, 22:06
Thanks mate do love driving it tho;-)

AndysR
Sunday 5th May 2013, 22:27
Thanks mate do love driving it tho;-)

Really..! With the power output, brakes and suspension setup your running I really am struggling to see why you would....! lol

WOODY T5
Monday 20th May 2013, 22:10
well i now have the new dunlop rt tyres on the front wot a driffrents its maid lots more grip now
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b583/Bigdt5t/IMG_1451_zps07f1a027.jpg (http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/Bigdt5t/media/IMG_1451_zps07f1a027.jpg.html)
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b583/Bigdt5t/IMG_1453_zps3b03ea7b.jpg (http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/Bigdt5t/media/IMG_1453_zps3b03ea7b.jpg.html)

Tomcat
Monday 20th May 2013, 23:08
Niiiicccceee rubber.....how much where they?..

WOODY T5
Monday 20th May 2013, 23:18
124 each mate fitted that is