PDA

View Full Version : help removing mirror covers & rubbing strips

p fandango
Monday 12th December 2011, 17:59
i've bought a sheet of carbon fibre wrap & want to cover the painted wing mirror covers & the bumper rubbing strips. Any help on how they remove to ease covering them

many thanks Duane

t5steve
Tuesday 13th December 2011, 22:32
to remove wing mirror covers.......first remove mirror...pull from nearest window.......you will see 4 clips behind holding mirror cover on..........squeeze each one and hey presto .......cover off..............sorry not removed side trims so can't help with that one

theflyingbrick
Tuesday 13th December 2011, 22:39
i have funny enough to cover them in carbon wrap lol anyway open the door along the edge (lock side) theres a little grommit,pop that off undo the screw use magnetic coz the little ££££ers drop into the door!! then basically you forcefully slide the strip....cant remember if its left or right doh!!.....and hey presto,the wing one if i remember just slide off the same way hope this helps mate.

p fandango
Wednesday 14th December 2011, 01:47
to remove wing mirror covers.......first remove mirror...pull from nearest window.......you will see 4 clips behind holding mirror cover on..........squeeze each one and hey presto .......cover off..............sorry not removed side trims so can't help with that one

i have funny enough to cover them in carbon wrap lol anyway open the door along the edge (lock side) theres a little grommit,pop that off undo the screw use magnetic coz the little ££££ers drop into the door!! then basically you forcefully slide the strip....cant remember if its left or right doh!!.....and hey presto,the wing one if i remember just slide off the same way hope this helps mate.
many thanks, P2's have got repeater lights flushed into the rubbing strip on the front wing does that stay in & come out with the strip or need removing first (if so how lol)

theflyingbrick
Wednesday 14th December 2011, 14:59
i would imagine they have to come out but not sure i done mine on a 850!!

Leeds_finest
Wednesday 14th December 2011, 15:24
Just be careful with the wing mirror covers, they score/chip easily when remvoing them.

If you have to use a screw driver etc to pry them off, then wrap the screw driver tip with a rag or similar to avoid damaging the covers.