PDA

View Full Version : Tinted windows..

willi
Saturday 10th December 2011, 18:30
Hi Guys..

My V70r has got rear black tints which does look quite good. Only problem is on the inside of the tints is like a white powdery film.. Its as though the tints are going mouldy.. You can scrape it off with a finger nail which obviously takes yonks..
Has anyone ever comes across this before, and if so how did it get there and what is the best wqy of removing it please.:worried:

foammanmark
Saturday 10th December 2011, 19:55
Hi Guys..

My V70r has got rear black tints which does look quite good. Only problem is on the inside of the tints is like a white powdery film.. Its as though the tints are going mouldy.. You can scrape it off with a finger nail which obviously takes yonks..
Has anyone ever comes across this before, and if so how did it get there and what is the best wqy of removing it please.:worried:

Dazab- can you help with this?

daza-b
Saturday 10th December 2011, 20:19
i dont know why i did not see this before... if you want to remove them its pretty simple, you will need a flat blade, like a scraper, and you will need some tar and glue remover, can get that from your local motor factors, if your anywhere near me i can remove all for £20 ;)

foammanmark
Saturday 10th December 2011, 20:49
i dont know why i did not see this before... if you want to remove them its pretty simple, you will need a flat blade, like a scraper, and you will need some tar and glue remover, can get that from your local motor factors, if your anywhere near me i can remove all for £20 ;)

Mate, I'm like your second set of eyes on here! The enquiry yesterday and now this! We're a team!

T5frankie
Saturday 10th December 2011, 20:51
hairdryer mate and a scraper

willi
Saturday 10th December 2011, 21:11

I dont want to remove the tint, i want to get rid of the powdery substance or what ever it is off of the tint..lol

daza-b
Saturday 10th December 2011, 21:13
I dont want to remove the tint, i want to get rid of the powdery substance or what ever it is off of the tint..lol

ahhhh is it on the outside of the tint (in the car) or is it between the tint and the window?

willi
Saturday 10th December 2011, 21:34
Its on the outside of the tint.. You can remove with your fingernail if carefull.. Wot is it do you know plz??

daza-b
Saturday 10th December 2011, 21:36
Its on the outside of the tint.. You can remove with your fingernail if carefull.. Wot is it do you know plz??

not sure buddy never seen or heard it before, try using some luke warm soapy water and see if that removes it..

willi
Saturday 10th December 2011, 21:47
not sure buddy never seen or heard it before, try using some luke warm soapy water and see if that removes it..

Ok thanx.. I will give it a go. Its in the garage now so i will try now..

daza-b
Saturday 10th December 2011, 21:49
Ok thanx.. I will give it a go. Its in the garage now so i will try now..

ok let me know :)

willi
Saturday 10th December 2011, 22:01
Just tried warm soapy water, it certainly comes off easier.. Perhaps a credit card edge might be easier than the finger nail..

Thanks

daza-b
Saturday 10th December 2011, 22:03
Just tried warm soapy water, it certainly comes off easier.. Perhaps a credit card edge might be easier than the finger nail..

Thanks

yes its worth a try, but be very careful that you dont scratch the tint, as it will make it look a mess, i would use valeting products but that just me being a valeter, maybe try some tar and glue remover too, not to expensive and always comes in handy