PDA

View Full Version : Bigrotch Lowering the Black Beast

merc85
Friday 9th December 2011, 23:42
Well had a Really productive night, Changed over the Front brakes to 302s on Blacky, then Lowered her.

Despite the welded nut's on the underside of the car which the retaining bolts for the rear top mounts bolt down through coming off from there spot weld all went pritty well.

She's now looking a lot lower a Meaner lol ride is very good too.

Cheer's for a Good night Rotch, i'm just praying the clutch lasts a bit longer.

volvo
Friday 9th December 2011, 23:44
well done guys...you really are going for record time on modding this car up!!!

p fandango
Friday 9th December 2011, 23:51
:worthless

volvo
Friday 9th December 2011, 23:58
lol...may be a bit late to take pics.....but if you have some...would be nice to see em!! lol

merc85
Friday 9th December 2011, 23:58
:worthless

But aint doing all over again to take a few snap's lol

Kingsford G
Saturday 10th December 2011, 03:24
Hope to see the balck beast on sunday!!!!!

bigrotch
Saturday 10th December 2011, 08:26
Soz peeps blacky won't be at the meet as the clutch is in the same state as the burgundy one... Cheers merc just glad I didn't try the rest outside lol

Jim S70R
Saturday 10th December 2011, 09:40
Once again you boys have been busy, well done!!
It must be your driving pmsl 2 x T5's and both have a knackered clutch!! "ganny shifting not double clutching when you should" lol. Now you and the mad merc have got to take the gearbox out and replace the clutch you fried....

bigrotch
Saturday 10th December 2011, 09:54
Hehehehehe na burgundy clutch was ok ish untill increase in power and constate lead foot lol blacky was fkd when I bought its pos done mainseal in gearbox as the Pcv was shot... But as I knew the clutch was shagged, the gear box is out do do the Main seal while its off lol

Jim S70R
Saturday 10th December 2011, 10:04
Just a thought....I know you like cleaning like merc and the rest of us, it might be a prime time to clean and paint gearbox while you've got it out ;)

bigrotch
Saturday 10th December 2011, 10:37
Fk it drop the whole lump and paint that aswell lol

Kingsford G
Saturday 10th December 2011, 13:15
I can get you a clutch kit from 3 different part suppliers or dealer at trade price if that helps.Just let me know.

T4Rick
Saturday 10th December 2011, 14:44
How much did you lower it by mate

bigrotch
Saturday 10th December 2011, 15:43
40mm mate can see the diff on the back but not as much on the front as the shocks sag after time so it's not as noticable bi
But u can feal the ride diff for shore next
Year long as all gos to plain will get some adjustables for it

volvo
Saturday 10th December 2011, 15:46
what suspension have you got Gav? You might have mentioned it already but i havent noticed!

Cheers

merc85
Saturday 10th December 2011, 15:48
Once again you boys have been busy, well done!!
It must be your driving pmsl 2 x T5's and both have a knackered clutch!! "ganny shifting not double clutching when you should" lol. Now you and the mad merc have got to take the gearbox out and replace the clutch you fried....

That reminds me of a film lol, Yeah i'd rather do a clutch/box on a poxy civic than B**dy Volvo!!

merc85
Saturday 10th December 2011, 15:49
Just a thought....I know you like cleaning like merc and the rest of us, it might be a prime time to clean and paint gearbox while you've got it out ;)

Yeah i nearlly painted mine wen it was out, but thought if the paint started to flax it would like ****e.

So i just wire brushed the alloy up, and it looks pritty good at the moment.

Jim S70R
Saturday 10th December 2011, 16:30
That reminds me of a film lol, Yeah i'd rather do a clutch/box on a poxy civic than B**dy Volvo!!

It is from a film indeed lol

bigrotch
Saturday 10th December 2011, 16:34
what suspension have you got Gav? You might have mentioned it already but i havent noticed!

Cheers

just standad shocks with 40mm lowering springs why u wana buy me some koni fsd for xmas lol

volvo
Saturday 10th December 2011, 16:38
Gav...i hear you are not supposed to use KONI FSD with lowering springs or the T5R springs....my V70 T5 LPG has KONI FSD with Eiback springs so will see how it drives when i finally get to pick it up....

bigrotch
Saturday 10th December 2011, 16:51
Gav...i hear you are not supposed to use KONI FSD with lowering springs or the T5R springs....my V70 T5 LPG has KONI FSD with Eiback springs so will see how it drives when i finally get to pick it up....

mate is there anything u havent got lol

volvo
Saturday 10th December 2011, 16:59
Gav...i tell you what then mate...for your xmas pressie....if you do the labour, you can have my Koni FSD and eiback springs and stick yours in mine....my kits isnt very old at all....its just got the LPG i bought the car really.....i dont mind standard suspension....and i wont take a penny off you.....hows that?

Provided non of your shocks/springs are bust of course as i would like someone to have a good car when i sell it!

BlackBeast
Saturday 10th December 2011, 17:09
I can't afford to be lowered!!!!!!! :D

claymore
Saturday 10th December 2011, 17:11
Gav...i tell you what then mate...for your xmas pressie....if you do the labour, you can have my Koni FSD and eiback springs and stick yours in mine....my kits isnt very old at all....its just got the LPG i bought the car really.....i dont mind standard suspension....and i wont take a penny off you.....hows that?

Provided non of your shocks/springs are bust of course as i would like someone to have a good car when i sell it!
Waw, that's a deal and a half.

volvo
Saturday 10th December 2011, 17:14
its only cos those guys have worked their a$$es off, after shift work, and i know hes been though a lot of grief/bad luck with one thing or another with his motors....partly cos he cant leave stuff alone!! and im in a position to help him out abit.....

bigrotch
Saturday 10th December 2011, 17:25
volvo i think im fallen for you pmsl..... its a deal matey ill text in a min ok its xmas allready lol

volvo
Saturday 10th December 2011, 17:27
lol...no worries mate!!

Jim S70R
Saturday 10th December 2011, 18:32

Thats really good of you, can't get a better offer than that!!

bigrotch
Saturday 10th December 2011, 18:41
Don't gett any better than that!!! Ive had several things off him Volans etc etc top fella and a true gent

volvo
Saturday 10th December 2011, 18:42
i might go to lancashire tomorrow to pick iy up as i got a lift up!! if i can escape (as i have a new baby boy, only 10 days old! will see if its all good to go, looking good so far but with nippers, you cant tell!)

The Flying Moose
Saturday 10th December 2011, 18:48

I had FSD's couped with H&R 30mm lowering springs and that combination was perfect, with 40mm springs however the dampners "bottom out" quite frequently.

volvo
Saturday 10th December 2011, 18:50
the springs on my car are apparently lowered by 30mm

bigrotch
Saturday 10th December 2011, 19:39
i might go to lancashire tomorrow to pick iy up as i got a lift up!! if i can escape (as i have a new baby boy, only 10 days old! will see if its all good to go, looking good so far but with nippers, you cant tell!)

congrates on the little one mate.... u kept that quit fella, ive got 3 and i got the snip straight after my 3rd no more kids = more money on my 855 pmsl

volvo
Saturday 10th December 2011, 20:10
lol...cheers mate! hence it has been crazy busy here lately at the house! Yeah hes my second and im loving it!

Not sure about the drive tho mate, it wont go down well at home! Will get the motor home and then once i have it here, we can sort something out, im sure......i think im going up tomoz to get it, all being well!