PDA

View Full Version : 850 estate rear bumper removal?

t5steve
Friday 9th December 2011, 23:41
does anyone know how to remove the rear bumper from an 850 estate............i've removed the 5 screws from underneath and the 2 bolts either side ...........the bumper is loose but still seems to be held on along the top edge but i can't see any fixings there................is it just stuck along the top or are there hidden fixings somewhere?..............as usual your help is much appreciated

merc85
Friday 9th December 2011, 23:45
does anyone know how to remove the rear bumper from an 850 estate............i've removed the 5 screws from underneath and the 2 bolts either side ...........the bumper is loose but still seems to be held on along the top edge but i can't see any fixings there................is it just stuck along the top or are there hidden fixings somewhere?..............as usual your help is much appreciated

I havent removed one before, but i think the painted panel below the rear lower tail lights is attached to the bumper.

Also the Rear arch liner will be rivit'ed to the bumper.

daza-b
Friday 9th December 2011, 23:45

ill take the bumper off my v70 project car tomorrow and see what mine is like, cant see them being much different and then let you know buddy

t5steve
Friday 9th December 2011, 23:48
I havent removed one before, but i think the painted panel below the rear lower tail lights is attached to the bumper.

Also the Rear arch liner will be rivit'ed to the bumper.
painted panel is attached to lights as i remember masking it when i tinted them as for arch liners they went when 18's were fitted
ps you have pm
cheers

t5steve
Friday 9th December 2011, 23:50
ill take the bumper off my v70 project car tomorrow and see what mine is like, cant see them being much different and then let you know buddy

many thanks............been following your build ..........good luck..........will keep watching thread

james
Saturday 10th December 2011, 08:21
the way i removed my rear bumper was to undo the wheel liner fixings,undo the two side fixings on the bumper then undo the two bumper reinforcer mounts/long bolts (prob need to drop backbox off its rubber mounts to get the near side) the bumper then is removed with the bar inside.bar is held in to bumper with torx/hex fixings

hope this helps

t5steve
Saturday 10th December 2011, 20:35
many thanks james..................i searched past threads and found a good description and pics by niles..............tried mine today but bolts are very tight so left it on in fear of snapping them..................once again many thanks to all

james
Saturday 10th December 2011, 21:17
many thanks james..................i searched past threads and found a good description and pics by niles..............tried mine today but bolts are very tight so left it on in fear of snapping them..................once again many thanks to all

no problem mate i keep forgetting to take pics of jobs i do so ...my bolts were VERY tight on removal and corroded quite a bit so i changed them for a newer pair

Niles
Sunday 11th December 2011, 12:38
The annoying thing about the 2 LONG bolts is theres no access to squirt wd40 or such into to help. It really is a case of firm but gently, wind the bolts out a little, wind them back in a bit, out more in a little. make sense?