PDA

View Full Version : Demon Shine spray detailer and Meguiars plastic polish.

Leeds_finest
Wednesday 7th December 2011, 12:25
Just wanted to give these two products a mention on here.

Demon shine - well, when I saw the advert on tv I thought it was probably a load of rubbish, but to be honest, I find it a really helpful product for when you haven't got time to polish/wax the car. After washing and rinsing, I normally fly over the car with my water blade, then spray the demon shine on and buff/wipe over with a drying towel. Job done. Great looks with minimal effort.

Megs plastic polish - this is for use on clear plastic such as headlights and I found it particularly useful when my 5 series headlight had begun to oxidise. The headlight looked really hazey and at first I thought it was condensation inside the unit, but it turned out to be an oxidised outer case. Used this plastic polish and the vast majority came right out. Best results with an electric mop though, as doing it by hand wasn't as effective.

Ed :)

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 7th December 2011, 13:44
I use CG Premium Blue Waterless Carwash QD. I also get through gallons of Megs Last Touch for claylube, machine polishing lube & as a QD.

Leeds_finest
Wednesday 7th December 2011, 19:00
I must admit, I haven't used the megs QD just as a QD, I tend to use it more for claying, which, you obviously don't need to do very often.

However, I have found the demon shine stuff reasonable and you can buy it in Asda/Tesco etc for fairly cheap, just leaves a nice finish and it doesn't take ages like wax/polish.