PDA

View Full Version : Silicone hoses

Kingsford G
Tuesday 6th December 2011, 18:22
Hey guys.I`ve noticed some vacuum pipes cracked and was thinking to replace all of them by a cilicon ones.Is that a good idea or can they cause a problem when they go soft from an engine heat?

p fandango
Tuesday 6th December 2011, 18:29
your better off using internally braided fuel hose

The Flying Moose
Tuesday 6th December 2011, 18:58
your better off using internally braided fuel hose

Yep I would have to agree, 5mm SAE Braided fuel hose will do the job.

The way I look at it is that fuel hose is far higher grade, its seldom anyone replaces fuel line during a cars lifespan.

M-R-P
Tuesday 6th December 2011, 19:58
Yep I would have to agree, 5mm SAE Braided fuel hose will do the job.

The way I look at it is that fuel hose is far higher grade, its seldom anyone replaces fuel line during a cars lifespan.

Fuel hose for me too, isn't it 6mm tho, Emlyn?
Silicone looks pretty an all but it collapses under vacuum.

The Flying Moose
Tuesday 6th December 2011, 20:42

Some of the pipes are 6mm yes, I however managed to squeeze the 5mm hose on though, no need for any jubilee clips etc then.

M-R-P
Tuesday 6th December 2011, 20:52
Some of the pipes are 6mm yes, I however managed to squeeze the 5mm hose on though, no need for any jubilee clips etc then.

No adverse effects? Wondering 'cos 6mm is proving hard to get hold of. ;)

Kingsford G
Tuesday 6th December 2011, 21:11
Thanx guys.I will do that even though it`s gonna make my car heavier -) might loose 0.1 sec 0-60 lol

p fandango
Tuesday 6th December 2011, 21:12
Thanx guys.I will do that even though it`s gonna make my car heavier -) might loose 0.1 sec 0-60 lol
i can soon lose that weight off your car if you want? lol

M-R-P
Tuesday 6th December 2011, 21:16
Just have a dump before you race ;)

p fandango
Tuesday 6th December 2011, 21:19
thats traditional anyway lol

M-R-P
Tuesday 6th December 2011, 21:21
thats traditional anyway lol

When me and Mrs. MRP go to the dog track, she always puts her money on the mut that does the biggest turd before the race! lol

The Flying Moose
Tuesday 6th December 2011, 22:43
No adverse effects? Wondering 'cos 6mm is proving hard to get hold of. ;)

Not that I could ever tell to be honest, I havnt done the pipes on the new 850 but my old grey 850 T5 had them on for over a year and ran perfectly, even saw a 14.4 down the drag stip at 103 mph.

Kingsford G
Tuesday 6th December 2011, 22:55

Thanx for the helpfull tip LOL I`ll make sure I eat plenty of prunes the night befor-))) Well,all I wanted really is an advise for vacuum hoses on my car and it went as far as a personal dump valve sistem and down the drain-)

M-R-P
Tuesday 6th December 2011, 22:58
Thanx for the helpfull tip LOL I`ll make sure I eat plenty of prunes the night befor-))) Well,all I wanted really is an advise for vacuum hoses on my car and it went as far as a personal dump valve sistem and down the drain-)

Here to help buddy ;)

LeeT5
Friday 9th December 2011, 12:35

I have Silicone on my car on ALL the turbo hoses and don't have a problem with them collapsing. Maybe its the quality of the silicone hose??

M-R-P
Friday 9th December 2011, 12:44
I have Silicone on my car on ALL the turbo hoses and don't have a problem with them collapsing. Maybe its the quality of the silicone hose??

Quite likely, there are many different grades.

Kingsford G
Friday 9th December 2011, 15:05
Not to take chances have replaced with a fuel ones.