PDA

View Full Version : Oil Leak investigation, Clean up

merc85
Monday 5th December 2011, 22:38
As above, had oil leak for a while, Got bad over the weekend so decided to bite the Bullet.

Thank God i did lol, Top Breather Hose Block to PCV trap was leaking around the clip, so have tightend this up, to which i think has caused most of the mess,

Also the oil pressure switch also showed signs that its been Leaking, and to top it off the Dip stick has also been leaking lol.

The easiest way and a Excuse to clean my RAD/intercooler and everything behind it was to remove the Radiator etc etc to open up the front of the Engine Bay, Also Replaced my Header tank which had been leaking/cracked since she over heated this Year.

In the next couple of days i reckon he Bay wil be looking quite smart.

Kingsford G
Monday 5th December 2011, 22:46
Have you checked PCV to manifold valve if it`s blocked and the actual PCV?I should really spend some time myself.

merc85
Monday 5th December 2011, 22:56
Have you checked PCV to manifold valve if it`s blocked and the actual PCV?I should really spend some time myself.

No such thing buddy, The only Valve is a pre heat valve sits in the air intake pipe to inlet side of the compressor wheel (ie Turbo)

My PCV was changed not so long ago, I just didnt do the top hose to Block up quite tight enough.

Kingsford G
Monday 5th December 2011, 23:31
I might be day dreaming then or talking about diff engine.-)