PDA

View Full Version : north east yorkshire meet

graemewelch
Monday 5th December 2011, 19:40
just got my s60 back after waiting 13 weeks for it to be repaired so im a bit excited and thought why not try and sort a meet. any one intrested. could meet at scotch corner to make it central for a loot of areas

foammanmark
Monday 5th December 2011, 20:15
I could make it over from near Blackburn. I'm looking for advice from you guys as I've only had my T5 for 9 days and it's the standard car at the mo. Count me in! I can drive over the Blubberhouses, which is the only road that I've ever been done on for speeding( touch wood).

t5_monkey
Monday 5th December 2011, 21:29
I could do Scotch Corner this coming Sunday PM ?

foammanmark
Monday 5th December 2011, 21:38
I could do Scotch Corner this coming Sunday PM ?

You're down from Glasgow on Sunday? I could do that as well- Dazab, can you make it?

t5_monkey
Monday 5th December 2011, 21:48
Wonder if Nosh fancies this too ??

Yeah down in York - although my primary function is to bang the girl I'm seeing, see the parents and hopefully catch up with you guys :D

foammanmark
Monday 5th December 2011, 21:53
Wonder if Nosh fancies this too ??

Yeah down in York - although my primary function is to bang the girl I'm seeing, see the parents and hopefully catch up with you guys :D

Too much information mate, but it all sounds good to me. Happy banging!!

WOODY T5
Monday 5th December 2011, 21:54
an chance of doing this near thirsk lads then would be up for it!

foammanmark
Monday 5th December 2011, 21:56
an chance of doing this near thirsk lads then would be up for it!

That's better for me as I coming Ripon-A1, but Scotch Corner is also OK for me.

yorkshire R
Monday 5th December 2011, 23:00
im 10 miles from thirsk :)

smithson007
Tuesday 6th December 2011, 18:23
Id be up for this but cant do this sunday. Xmas work night out sat night so wont be any fit state to drive on sunday.

The Flying Moose
Tuesday 6th December 2011, 18:42
Heading back to my home county to see family in Accrington Sunday so could possibly manage Thirsk area or similar.

foammanmark
Tuesday 6th December 2011, 21:46
Heading back to my home county to see family in Accrington Sunday so could possibly manage Thirsk area or similar.

Hey! So you'll be coming back over to Accy from the meet- we can have a race over the Blubberhouses, as I'll be going Home to Great Harwood. As my car is standard, I expect a five minute start on you, no make that ten minutes!

The Flying Moose
Tuesday 6th December 2011, 22:38
Hey! So you'll be coming back over to Accy from the meet- we can have a race over the Blubberhouses, as I'll be going Home to Great Harwood. As my car is standard, I expect a five minute start on you, no make that ten minutes!

Yes mate back Accrington via Huncoat probably pay a visit to Ewood Park to.

My car is standard too so no need for a headstart!

foammanmark
Tuesday 6th December 2011, 22:43
Yes mate back Accrington via Huncoat probably pay a visit to Ewood Park to.

My car is standard too so no need for a headstart!

Why would you want to go to Ewood Park, or is that a dig at me because of me being a Claret? Huncoat is the Home of Readview Volvo, my local independant Volvo garage. Is there where you're going? It will be good to drive back with you!

graemewelch
Tuesday 6th December 2011, 22:55
id like to think i could make sunday. hopfully i can get my emisions sorted by then. suspected full pressure sensor

The Flying Moose
Tuesday 6th December 2011, 23:02
Why would you want to go to Ewood Park, or is that a dig at me because of me being a Claret? Huncoat is the Home of Readview Volvo, my local independant Volvo garage. Is there where you're going? It will be good to drive back with you!

Ewood park, well I thought i'd go pay Jack Walker a visit!

Yes I know Readview quite well, I have a friend who lives on the outskirts of Huncoat just off Burnley Road so off to see him then pay a trip to the folks down Peel Park Close in Accy.

foammanmark
Wednesday 7th December 2011, 06:48
Ewood park, well I thought i'd go pay Jack Walker a visit!

Yes I know Readview quite well, I have a friend who lives on the outskirts of Huncoat just off Burnley Road so off to see him then pay a trip to the folks down Peel Park Close in Accy.

Nice one- if we don't see each other on Sunday, we could always meet in the future at Huncoat/Accy.

graemewelch
Wednesday 7th December 2011, 18:46
are people meeting at scotch corner or thirsk. think thirsk could be to far for me

graemewelch
Wednesday 7th December 2011, 18:51
just checked and thirsk only 55mile away. so can meet at either if this gose ahead

TheT6Kid
Thursday 8th December 2011, 16:07
Any times in mind, out Saturday night but probably free Sunday afternoon.

foammanmark
Thursday 8th December 2011, 17:01
I can meet at either Scotch Corner or Thirsk, but Thirsk is my preference. Mid-day/early afternoon is the best time for me. Are we definitely doing it please?

t5_monkey
Thursday 8th December 2011, 17:03
Scotch Corner would be good as it's on my way home!

We gonna set a location ?? Thirsk is pretty much on the way also.

foammanmark
Thursday 8th December 2011, 17:07
Scotch Corner would be good as it's on my way home!

We gonna set a location ?? Thirsk is pretty much on the way also.

You up in Glasgow now? How's the weather as it's bad here in Lancs, but a lot worse up there from what I'm hearing.

volvo
Thursday 8th December 2011, 17:13
Mark...hows it going mate?

Have you guys got snow up there yet? Im supposed to be going up to Oldham very soon to pick up a car i bought!

foammanmark
Thursday 8th December 2011, 17:18
Mark...hows it going mate?

Have you guys got snow up there yet? Im supposed to be going up to Oldham very soon to pick up a car i bought!

Hi Qady, going pretty well thanks, and how's your Wife and new born? Hope they're both well.

No snow- it's quite mild, blowing a gale and pi--ing it down. Further north is even worse. Stay in Swindon if I was you! Is it a Volvo that you're collecting in Oldham? I don't know if you saw my posts but the car's had a service, cambelt and PCV. New headlamp done, tailgate sorted, so I'm getting there!

volvo
Thursday 8th December 2011, 17:21
Hey mark...glad the car is going well!! the wife and baby both doing well thank you, i forgot about the sleepless nights that came afterwards lol

Yes i bought a V70 T5....it has some good kit on it so looking forward to getting it up. Well, my mate already picked it up for me so will pick it up as and when i can!

I may be going up to yorkshire after i pick it up as i dont often get chance to see that lot! As i will nearly be there, may as well pop over!!

Cheers

volvo
Thursday 8th December 2011, 17:23
I have some fog lights in for your car, one has a crack but looks like it hasnt leaked. You can have them for yours, straight swap if you want, just because yours had some overspray on them.

I will check the condition on them close-up and if i think they are worth a swap over i will let you know.....

I bet your motor runs even better now and mpg should be better....it was very smooth when i had it, but required a service

foammanmark
Hey mark...glad the car is going well!! the wife and baby both doing well thank you, i forgot about the sleepless nights that came afterwards lol

Yes i bought a V70 T5....it has some good kit on it so looking forward to getting it up. Well, my mate already picked it up for me so will pick it up as and when i can!

I may be going up to yorkshire after i pick it up as i dont often get chance to see that lot! As i will nearly be there, may as well pop over!!

Cheers

Great! If we have the meet and you make it, look forward to seeing you!

t5_monkey
You up in Glasgow now? How's the weather as it's bad here in Lancs, but a lot worse up there from what I'm hearing.

In York! Heading back this Sunday hence Scotch Corner being handy.

volvo
Thursday 8th December 2011, 17:26
yeah would be nice but if not, i will post out the lights if they are any good.....

whats next on the motor then? ECU?....

foammanmark
Thursday 8th December 2011, 17:26
In York! Heading back this Sunday hence Scotch Corner being handy.

Hopefully the winds will have dropped by then before you get back to Scotland.

foammanmark
Thursday 8th December 2011, 17:30
I have some fog lights in for your car, one has a crack but looks like it hasnt leaked. You can have them for yours, straight swap if you want, just because yours had some overspray on them.

I will check the condition on them close-up and if i think they are worth a swap over i will let you know.....

I bet your motor runs even better now and mpg should be better....it was very smooth when i had it, but required a service

Running really nicely thanks but had a slow puncture which I had repaired today, so haven't used it much because of that. I was going to try and remove the overspray from the foglights as they're working but with a coat of silver paint on them! Tints will be done by Dazab in Jan, remap, wheel refurb and wishbones also hopefully in Jan.

volvo
Thursday 8th December 2011, 17:32
ahhh, ok. let me know if you sort out the lights then....are you leaving the bumpers as they are? they arent that bad are they until you do a close-up inspection!!

Will look very nice with tints and go very nice with remap too! lol

foammanmark
Thursday 8th December 2011, 17:45
ahhh, ok. let me know if you sort out the lights then....are you leaving the bumpers as they are? they arent that bad are they until you do a close-up inspection!!

Will look very nice with tints and go very nice with remap too! lol

Exactly! I'm going to have the wheels darker so that they contasts more with the silver, and with the tints, should be pretty wicked! Bumpers aren't too bad at all, but maybe a job for later next year? I've got a load cover coming, and also the sides, floor and plastic trim for the boot area.

foammanmark
Friday 9th December 2011, 16:58
Can we decide if we're having this meet on Sunday tonight please. Sunday is homework time with the kids, and if we're having the meet, we'll do the homework tonight or tomoz.

t5_monkey
Friday 9th December 2011, 19:10
Right... Sunday .... Midday Scotch Corner - Far end of the Services car park just off the big roundabout.

It's on my way back from York to Scotland so I'll probably stop there anyway but would be great to see you guys.

1200Hrs
Moto Services
Scotch Corner Pavilion
Middleton Tyas
Richmond
North Yorkshire
DL10 6PQ

Whos up for it?

1 - T5_monkey

The Flying Moose
Friday 9th December 2011, 19:25
Im affraid Im out, I wont be heading North now till Monday morning and I cant afford the fuel this month with Christmas "n" all.

Have fun though ;)

foammanmark
Friday 9th December 2011, 19:37
Right... Sunday .... Midday Scotch Corner - Far end of the Services car park just off the big roundabout.

It's on my way back from York to Scotland so I'll probably stop there anyway but would be great to see you guys.

1200Hrs
Moto Services
Scotch Corner Pavilion
Middleton Tyas
Richmond
North Yorkshire
DL10 6PQ

Whos up for it?

1 - T5_monkey

I'm in with me Son. Can't wait to come over the Blubberhouses in the T5.

t5_monkey
Friday 9th December 2011, 19:44

1200Hrs
Moto Services
Scotch Corner Pavilion
Middleton Tyas
Richmond
North Yorkshire
DL10 6PQ

Whos up for it?

1 - T5_monkey

1 - T5_monkey
2 - foammanmark

Weather forecast is decent so drag urselves out of your scratches and drop by :D

graemewelch
Friday 9th December 2011, 20:23
i might call by but its going to be in a alfa or possibly a bettered 306 est.

foammanmark
Friday 9th December 2011, 20:28
i might call by but its going to be in a alfa or possibly a bettered 306 est.

I can come in an Alfa 156 if that makes you feel better, but then we may as well turn it into an Alfa meet.

graemewelch
Friday 9th December 2011, 20:37
I can come in an Alfa 156 if that makes you feel better, but then we may as well turn it into an Alfa meet.

if you bring yr alfa we can have a whos good the loudest wheel bearing noise and who has the most knocks. ill win of course

foammanmark
Friday 9th December 2011, 20:42
if you bring yr alfa we can have a whos good the loudest wheel bearing noise and who has the most knocks. ill win of course

Yes, I think you'll win. Touch wood, ours is very quiet and seems a pretty sound car for a 117,000mile 1.8TS.

Haizum74
Friday 9th December 2011, 23:19
Too much information mate, but it all sounds good to me. Happy banging!!

Its not that difficult in York. Studley Dudley is having you on.

And ****, how come I didnt know this was on.

foammanmark
Saturday 10th December 2011, 10:02
Its not that difficult in York. Studley Dudley is having you on.

And ****, how come I didnt know this was on.

Can you make it to the meet?

Haizum74
Saturday 10th December 2011, 13:23
Alas, no. Shame as the last one I went to was a good six months odd. I should have checked the meets board sooner

danny-R
Saturday 10th December 2011, 16:58
If i'm not working I'll have a dodge by. Just please don't laugh at the ginger renault :)

foammanmark
Saturday 10th December 2011, 18:06
1 - T5_monkey
2 - foammanmark

Weather forecast is decent so drag urselves out of your scratches and drop by :D

From what I can see, there's only 2 confirmed at the moment. Anyone else a def please, as I'm travelling approx. 80 miles each way to this? It's my first meet, so the more people I meet, the better!

nosh
Saturday 10th December 2011, 19:01
From what I can see, there's only 2 confirmed at the moment. Anyone else a def please, as I'm travelling approx. 80 miles each way to this? It's my first meet, so the more people I meet, the better!

yep if all goes well we will be there for def......

foammanmark
Saturday 10th December 2011, 19:03
yep if all goes well we will be there for def......

Nice one- look forward to meeting you. Are you a Blade or an Owl?

nosh
Saturday 10th December 2011, 19:06
Nice one- look forward to meeting you. Are you a Blade or an Owl?

niether they are both s*** lol

t5_monkey
Saturday 10th December 2011, 19:47
1 - T5_monkey
2 - foammanmark
3 - Nosh
4 - graemewelch
5 - Danny R

And you thirsk lads... it's only 25 miles to Scotch corner ! You'll enjoy the drive :)

graemewelch
Saturday 10th December 2011, 20:20
What time we meeting lads

t5_monkey
Saturday 10th December 2011, 20:30
1200Hrs - Midday
Moto Services
Scotch Corner Pavilion
Middleton Tyas
Richmond
North Yorkshire
DL10 6PQ

Go to the end of the hotel car park as you pull it (it's pretty obvious) there's usually loads of spaces there.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=DL10+6PQ&hl=en&ll=54.444648,-1.666735&spn=0.001413,0.003449&safe=off&hnear=Middleton+Tyas+DL10+6PQ,+United+Kingdom&gl=uk&t=h&z=18&vpsrc=6

graemewelch
Saturday 10th December 2011, 20:53
I was going to say use hotel carpark. You every one there tomora

foammanmark
Saturday 10th December 2011, 20:59
It's going to be funny with the accents! A Scotchman, Lancastrian, North East, and Yorkshire. We may need a translator!!

t5_monkey
Saturday 10th December 2011, 22:04
I'm from Yorkshire :D Just live in Glasgow.

foammanmark
Saturday 10th December 2011, 22:11
I'm from Yorkshire :D Just live in Glasgow.

No, I'm the Scotchman, well a quarter of me is from St.Andrews! OK, so no proper Scotchman!

t5_monkey
Sunday 11th December 2011, 09:15
Weathers forecast to be 7 degrees with the odd light shower so bring a hat :D

When you drive into the Services.... go past the first small car park next to the moto and you'll take a left into the hotel car park which is much bigger... drive down to the end of that and that's the meeting point.

I may be a bit early and be in the moto grabbing a coffee... see you guys soon!

foammanmark
Sunday 11th December 2011, 09:17
I'm setting out at 10am, so may be early as well.

graemewelch
Sunday 11th December 2011, 11:35
Ive slept in so il be late.

t5_monkey
Sunday 11th December 2011, 17:53
Was great to meet everyone today ! John, Mark, Graeme :)

NOSH - your car is awesome :) drive back up the M-way was very boring in comparison.

foammanmark
Sunday 11th December 2011, 18:04

NOSH - your car is awesome :) drive back up the M-way was very boring in comparison.

Great to me you guys too, and both the S40's are awesome machines. Hope you enjoyed your drive over the 66. Was there any racing? See you again sometime. Some picys:

The engine is Nosh's.

graemewelch
Sunday 11th December 2011, 18:47
would be nice to do it again over xmas eriod but next time i want to bring the volvo and not a alfa

t5_monkey
Sunday 11th December 2011, 19:53
Great to me you guys too, and both the S40's are awesome machines. Hope you enjoyed your drive over the 66. Was there any racing? See you again sometime. Some picys:

The engine is Nosh's.

We may have accelerated up to 70 when pulling onto a dual carriageway... and then cruised at the speed limit all the way up to Penrith :)

Nosh has some serious overtaking pace in his - now I know why mine annoys people so much :D

I'll be heading the same route probs on the 26th or 27th if anyone fancies a re-run.

graemewelch
Sunday 11th December 2011, 20:32
ill be up for that if ive got its runnings problem. dont fancy turning up in a alfa again.

smithson007
Sunday 11th December 2011, 20:52
We may have accelerated up to 70 when pulling onto a dual carriageway... and then cruised at the speed limit all the way up to Penrith :)

Nosh has some serious overtaking pace in his - now I know why mine annoys people so much :D

I'll be heading the same route probs on the 26th or 27th if anyone fancies a re-run.

Id be up for that. I could have a cruise back to carlisle with ya to.

t5_monkey
Sunday 11th December 2011, 21:39
Id be up for that. I could have a cruise back to carlisle with ya to.

Cool yeah that would be awesome - what car ya bringing - the V70R? could be a good run if Nosh is heading that way too.

smithson007
Sunday 11th December 2011, 22:32
Cool yeah that would be awesome - what car ya bringing - the V70R? could be a good run if Nosh is heading that way too.

Yes ill be in my "R". Where does Nosh live?

t5_monkey
Sunday 11th December 2011, 22:47
Nosh lives in Sheffield but the route we're talking about is on his way to visit family

smithson007
Sunday 11th December 2011, 22:59
Ah right. Shame there aint any anymore members from carlisle area. Theres only me and donny from up here. Might see if he fancys having a wander over to this.
We could also have a mini meet in carlisle sometime too if your passing here quite a bit.

graemewelch
Sunday 11th December 2011, 23:09
be nice if a few more could make it next time.

smithson007
Sunday 11th December 2011, 23:12
be nice if a few more could make it next time.

Pretty sure i can make this one. Ill send donny a PM and see if hes up for it.

graemewelch
Sunday 11th December 2011, 23:17
if we can get the numbers up we might get a rolling road day in the spring

t5_monkey
Sunday 11th December 2011, 23:20
Ah right. Shame there aint any anymore members from carlisle area. Theres only me and donny from up here. Might see if he fancys having a wander over to this.
We could also have a mini meet in carlisle sometime too if your passing here quite a bit.

Yeah I'd be happy to stop off near Carlisle too since it's on the way :)

Haizum74
Monday 12th December 2011, 11:00
If its round the 26-27 I should hopefully be able to make it if its the same place. Monkey, you down York for Chrimbo then?

yorkshire R
Monday 12th December 2011, 11:25
ill try make it next time,i will try get a friend to drive my other volvo to the meet

t5_monkey
Monday 12th December 2011, 12:12
If its round the 26-27 I should hopefully be able to make it if its the same place. Monkey, you down York for Chrimbo then?

Yeah I'll be Visiting the parents and heading back up the A66 on the 26th or 27th

Haizum74
Monday 12th December 2011, 16:53
Yeah I'll be Visiting the parents and heading back up the A66 on the 26th or 27th

Well in that case see if anyone else is off from round here and convoy it up? 27th be good, get boxing day out the way

t5_monkey
Monday 12th December 2011, 19:04
Well in that case see if anyone else is off from round here and convoy it up? 27th be good, get boxing day out the way

Sounds like a plan! I think it'll most likely be the 27th.

smithson007
Monday 12th December 2011, 19:26
Just hope weather holds up because A66 aint fun in the snow.

nosh
Monday 12th December 2011, 20:13

T5 MONKEY - Good to meet everyone sunday, Ben, Mark, Graeme.
Ben your car was pretty awsome too..
hope we can all meet again soon.... maybe a few extra next time????

nosh
Monday 12th December 2011, 20:15

The engine is Nosh's.

great pics mate, good to meet you .... keep in touch
if you need any modification help with your T5 then just let me know.

nosh
Monday 12th December 2011, 20:26

26th / 27th would be ok for us but would need a few days notice

t5_monkey
Monday 12th December 2011, 20:40
Let's go 27th everyone will be busy with boxing day family etc...

I reckon you being 2 up slowed you down a fair bit Nosh :) you were still pulling on me once we got to 70mph mind you :D

I'll post up a new thread with the info on.

Haizum74
Monday 12th December 2011, 20:51

Good stuff. Sounds like a plan indeed.

smithson007
Monday 12th December 2011, 21:20
Let's go 27th everyone will be busy with boxing day family etc...

I reckon you being 2 up slowed you down a fair bit Nosh :) you were still pulling on me once we got to 70mph mind you :D

I'll post up a new thread with the info on.

Be interesting to see how my old bus does against you 2.

Toad740
Tuesday 13th December 2011, 01:33

See if I can't get Mick850R out too, could be he's working or I am, which will suck.

Ross63
Tuesday 13th December 2011, 21:21
I'm in. Scotch Corner?

t5_monkey
Tuesday 13th December 2011, 21:40
All details and sign up on this Thread:

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?p=436205#post436205