PDA

View Full Version : S60 Turbo Hose Recall

Andy
Friday 19th August 2005, 09:50
Hi,

Just to let people know that when my car was in for some outstanding warranty work they changed x2 Turbo Hoses which apparently blow off and create a huuuugee bang then a loss of power.

Now I don't know whether or not the recall is only on D5's but it may well be worth ringing up and asking about other variants as it’s clearly a fault which needs rectifying.

Andy

fraz13
Friday 19th August 2005, 17:05
Brian (on VolvoD5) had that problem when his V70 D5 was just out the wrapper, it was fixed and no probs since and hes had it to the South of France with his *cough*CARAVAN*cough*

Andy
Friday 19th August 2005, 19:13
Brian (on VolvoD5) had that problem when his V70 D5 was just out the wrapper, it was fixed and no probs since and hes had it to the South of France with his *cough*CARAVAN*cough*

Haha.... and i bet *COUGH* he got there and back on a *COUGH* tank of fuel!!! :D ;) hehe

fraz13
Friday 19th August 2005, 19:28
lol a doubt that very much from Glasgow lol but it would do a lot better that a T5 even with the *cough*CARAVAN*cough* :haha:

Andy
Saturday 20th August 2005, 15:52
lol a doubt that very much from Glasgow lol but it would do a lot better that a T5 even with the *cough*CARAVAN*cough* :haha:

BLEUGH!!

fraz13
Saturday 20th August 2005, 16:17
Have a touched a wee nerve there Andy lol you a fellow caravan owner :haha:

Al115
Saturday 20th August 2005, 16:25
It's a good thing they're fixing this under recall because it's bloody scary when those hoses go bang! Has it happened to anyone other than me?...

p fandango
Saturday 20th August 2005, 17:08
i've had a few turbo hoses come off on me but never gone with a bang (or i'm just so used to it from the exhaust i ignore them now lol)

siamblue
Saturday 20th August 2005, 17:29
It's a good thing they're fixing this under recall because it's bloody scary when those hoses go bang! Has it happened to anyone other than me?...

I had one go on My Mistsubishi Starion thought i had blown the engine very scary.

Andy
Saturday 20th August 2005, 17:29
Have a touched a wee nerve there Andy lol you a fellow caravan owner :haha:

Nah,

But.... i do have a detachable tow bar lol!

fraz13
Saturday 20th August 2005, 17:51
haha a supose thats just as bad.... theres potential there lol :haha:

*waits on Duane and other towbar owners to shoot me down now lol*

p fandango
Saturday 20th August 2005, 17:58
*waits on Duane and other towbar owners to shoot me down now lol*
lol as if i would do a thing like that (well i would if i could think of anything :mgshoot: lol)

fraz13
Saturday 20th August 2005, 18:12
lol :haha: