PDA

View Full Version : V70 t5/d5.

foammanmark
Sunday 4th December 2011, 17:07
I've just been out in the T5 for a quick drive, and for the first time whilst I've had it(only 1 week) , I felt the 'boost' factor!

When I came back I decided to move our cars around on the street, and what really struck me is how 'numb' the D5 feels after driving the T5. OK, the D5 had just been started and was cold, but still, what a difference. Is this a sign of me slowly becoming a 'petrolhead'?

daza-b
Sunday 4th December 2011, 17:11
I've just been out in the T5 for a quick drive, and for the first time whilst I've had it(only 1 week) , I felt the 'boost' factor!

When I came back I decided to move our cars around on the street, and what really struck me is how 'numb' the D5 feels after driving the T5. OK, the D5 had just been started and was cold, but still, what a difference. Is this a sign of me slowly becoming a 'petrolhead'?

its like star wars, diesel is the dark side ;) haha

T5frankie
Sunday 4th December 2011, 17:25
put a map and an mbc on and you'll be laughing your head off

foammanmark
Sunday 4th December 2011, 17:46
put a map and an mbc on and you'll be laughing your head off

Hopefully, end of January, it's the remap, tints and wheel refurb. As you know, this week has been service/cambelt and PCV, so I've just thrown quite a lot at her.

By next Spring/Summer, I'll be 'laughing my head off' and then some!

T5frankie
Sunday 4th December 2011, 18:19
Hopefully, end of January, it's the remap, tints and wheel refurb. As you know, this week has been service/cambelt and PCV, so I've just thrown quite a lot at her.

By next Spring/Summer, I'll be 'laughing my head off' and then some!

so by then you will want to come and race us at the drag strips

foammanmark
Sunday 4th December 2011, 18:24
so by then you will want to come and race us at the drag strips

I'll have a go. How near do you come to Lancashire when you have these?

T5frankie
Sunday 4th December 2011, 18:54
I'll have a go. How near do you come to Lancashire when you have these?

we cant bring the tracks to you you will have to drive down lol

foammanmark
Sunday 4th December 2011, 18:57
we cant bring the tracks to you you will have to drive down lol

OK- so where are the tracks please? If they are a long way, I might get a trailer so I can use the D5 to tow the T5! LOL

T5frankie
Sunday 4th December 2011, 19:13
OK- so where are the tracks please? If they are a long way, I might get a trailer so I can use the D5 to tow the T5! LOL

york, stratford upon avon and santa pod in wellingborough, most meets are at stratford

foammanmark
Sunday 4th December 2011, 19:16
york, stratford upon avon and santa pod in wellingborough, most meets are at stratford

York would be good, but I could do the others as well. I better get my car sorted!

T5frankie
Sunday 4th December 2011, 19:25
if you have never done it before it is such a buzz, still feels the same every race lol

foammanmark
Sunday 4th December 2011, 20:27
I've never done anything like that before, but it does sound exciting. I may even come and watch a session before taking part in one. It would be good to meet all of you and get some advice from you as well. Is the next York one pencilled in please?

daza-b
Sunday 4th December 2011, 20:29
i suppose i do need to go to santa pod instead of drag racing on our local "heysham straight" haha

foammanmark
Sunday 4th December 2011, 20:42
i suppose i do need to go to santa pod instead of drag racing on our local "heysham straight" haha

Let's do it next time. Go in yours, or mine if mine's ready, and split the fuel bill! It'll be a 320-360 mile round trip for us.

daza-b
Sunday 4th December 2011, 20:43
Let's do it next time. Go in yours, or mine if mine's ready, and split the fuel bill! It'll be a 320-360 mile round trip for us.

lol orrr we could go in both and see who gets there 1st hhaha sounds like a plan bud, if your coming in mine i hope you aint a nervous passenger, cos if there is back roads thats my domain ;) haha

foammanmark
Sunday 4th December 2011, 20:54
lol orrr we could go in both and see who gets there 1st hhaha sounds like a plan bud, if your coming in mine i hope you aint a nervous passenger, cos if there is back roads thats my domain ;) haha

If we set off at the same time, I would be there first, and that's not a challenge! I would go the boring way: M6-A50-M1-A14.

p fandango
Sunday 4th December 2011, 20:55

i gave my stock (except for cone filter) D5 a few runs on the 1/4mile, best time was 17.240@81mph which is a few seconds slower than a stock T-5. My T-5's been off the road for over 3years now, almost scared about getting used to the power again having been stuck with the D5 lol

daza-b
Sunday 4th December 2011, 20:58
If we set off at the same time, I would be there first, and that's not a challenge! I would go the boring way: M6-A50-M1-A14.

lol boring ways arent the way to go haha no pont in driving if you dont get the fun factor lol

foammanmark
Sunday 4th December 2011, 21:04
i gave my stock (except for cone filter) D5 a few runs on the 1/4mile, best time was 17.240@81mph which is a few seconds slower than a stock T-5. My T-5's been off the road for over 3years now, almost scared about getting used to the power again having been stuck with the D5 lol

I think that the D5 goes very well, and for flexibility on the motorways, it's fantastic. However, from a standing start, the T5 would almost leave it standing. When's your T5 back on the road?

p fandango
Sunday 4th December 2011, 21:17
I think that the D5 goes very well, and for flexibility on the motorways, it's fantastic. However, from a standing start, the T5 would almost leave it standing
how my fastest times compare

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/2907/87884642.jpg

When's your T5 back on the road?
i'm hoping she's going to be on the road by March. Main thing i've got left is plumbing in the rear brake line, but its getting the time & light to do anything lately