PDA

View Full Version : Piggyback ecu's and dynojet CMD

mitchyboy01
Sunday 4th December 2011, 17:17
Hi, has Anyone had any experience using these and in particular on a T4? I'd like more info on if it can be done with the EMS2000 ECU on the T4. my car will be up and running soon but the software is becoming a headache.

My options ATM are MTE custom map, which will be very expensive for a one time map and will leave me no scope for future changes.

Next option is full standalone which is going to work out very expensive also and really more than I want to shell out at the moment.

Or piggyback ECU/fuel controller. This seems a better option for me ATM. I know there are various draw backs to piggybacks but I'm after a compromise. If anyone has any info on the piggybacks I'd appreciate it.

Also, if I were to add slightly bigger injectors to a standard ecu, how would this cope with fuelling for the time being.

Thanks, Mitch.

claymore
Sunday 4th December 2011, 17:22
I'v used a dastek unichip in the past on a supercharged Fiat Marea, and was going to use one on the volvo before I got the TurboTuner usb. Had no problems, did exactly what I wanted including nitrous controle and launch controle.

mitchyboy01
Sunday 4th December 2011, 17:34
I wish I had the option of turbo tuner. The EMS2000 is a pain in the ass. Its hard to find anyone who has had experience with piggybacks and this ECU. Have you heard of GReddy E-Manage?

Jamest5r
Sunday 4th December 2011, 19:03
Hi, has Anyone had any experience using these and in particular on a T4? I'd like more info on if it can be done with the EMS2000 ECU on the T4. my car will be up and running soon but the software is becoming a headache.

My options ATM are MTE custom map, which will be very expensive for a one time map and will leave me no scope for future changes.

Next option is full standalone which is going to work out very expensive also and really more than I want to shell out at the moment.

Or piggyback ECU/fuel controller. This seems a better option for me ATM. I know there are various draw backs to piggybacks but I'm after a compromise. If anyone has any info on the piggybacks I'd appreciate it.
Also, if I were to add slightly bigger injectors to a standard ecu, how would this cope with fuelling for the time being.

Thanks, Mitch.

Contact Smithy mate he has just done the same thing on his 940, him and Hamish spent the day setting it up with pretty good results, i know you and Hamish got off on the wrong foot but it might be worth another go?

mitchyboy01
Sunday 4th December 2011, 19:29
Hi mate. I've spoken to Smithy about the CMD and he loves it. Would it be compatible with my T4 though? As for HLM, I think Nat made it clear she wouldn't want me as a customer and I wouldn't wanna risk anymore handbags as it all got a bit out of hand on that thread!

smithy
Sunday 4th December 2011, 22:36
you can buy the unit off hlm then fit it and map it yourself or anybody can map on the road or a roller near you can do it .you get all the info and cables and discs for the laptop mate.

mitchyboy01
Sunday 4th December 2011, 23:25
you can buy the unit off hlm then fit it and map it yourself or anybody can map on the road or a roller near you can do it .you get all the info and cables and discs for the laptop mate.

I've found a rolling road near me that deal with the Unichip piggyback ECU's. It's only 15 miles away so will call them tomorrow to see what they can do! Think it's a simillar device to the CMD.