PDA

View Full Version : New download section

Justin
Thursday 18th August 2005, 23:03
Hi all, after having a few discussions i have decided to launch a download section, basically this will allow any vids posted up by me to be downloaded straight off our server (Quickly)

If any of you have vids that you would like hosting (Volvo related only) then email them to me at the usual address and if they fit the requirements above they will be uploaded for all to see. There are a few samples on there at the moment that i uploaded for test purposes, thanks for the input Carson ;)

The link to the new section is:

http://www.volvot5.co.uk/forums/downloads.php

Enjoy :)

Goof
Friday 19th August 2005, 11:44
J - I can't see a link under the "Section" area, is there one as the only way I can find it is from the post (or typing the address in).
Great idea - Thanks!

Justin
Friday 19th August 2005, 13:05
Nope, you'll just have to use your browser to add it to faves ;)

Justin
Wednesday 12th October 2005, 22:33
Come on people, what no vids ???

Wheres those incriminating vids that need hosting ?

;)

Redbrick
Wednesday 12th October 2005, 23:32
'cause I'm pretty slow... whats your Email address?

Got a few off my phone of the meet at Volvo training and Donington Park.

Andrew
Wednesday 12th October 2005, 23:37
Whats the size limit on your email system for vids. Seems this may screw things up if we don't know. On mine for example anything over 10mb will bounce.

Also various vids at www.cardwell.co.uk/old-site/volvo/ you can pull off and host J.

C70T5
Thursday 13th October 2005, 00:21
For the benefit of easy favorite addition could you add the following HTML tag.

<title>Volvo T5 Videos</title>

And PS "Skoda Fabia Diesel 0-100mph" not exactly Volvo related but I think we can all forgive that one ;)

Picky.... who's picky?

Justin
Thursday 13th October 2005, 08:18
10 mb cap limit, and ill have a look, murphs was a demo chris ;)

Andrew
Thursday 13th October 2005, 08:20
10 mb cap limit, and ill have a look, murphs was a demo chris ;)

It may be a better idea to setup an anonymous ftp server with a writable but not readable incoming directory. 10mb through email isn't ideal.

weasel
Friday 14th October 2005, 23:08
i'd love a look at that tornado video any chance of making it available? the link doesn't work. yousendit.com?

Justin
Saturday 15th October 2005, 00:00
The download works, ive just tried it, however you will need Quicktime player and some patience, its a large file ;)

Justin
Saturday 15th October 2005, 00:02
It may be a better idea to setup an anonymous ftp server with a writable but not readable incoming directory. 10mb through email isn't ideal.
I hear that, however most vids done by our members (which really is what the section is for) are no more on average than 5mb :)

Redbrick
Saturday 15th October 2005, 17:29
Justin whats your Email address?

Andy

Andrew
Saturday 15th October 2005, 19:00
Justin whats your Email address?

Andy

justin @ volvot5.co.uk

spesh
Saturday 15th October 2005, 19:23
So let me get this right, i send the email with my vid from my phone to Justin????
Got a cracking 3 gear loss of traction vid smoke everywear and a 165 burst. On a disused runway

Andrew
Saturday 15th October 2005, 19:46
So let me get this right, i send the email with my vid from my phone to Justin????
Got a cracking 3 gear loss of traction vid smoke everywear and a 165 burst. On a disused runway

Yes - then Justin will upload it to the site.

Justin
Saturday 15th October 2005, 23:14
Some new vids have been uploaded tonight, thanks to Andrew :)

Keep the material coming in, looking forward to the Spesh's vid ;)

weasel
Monday 17th October 2005, 00:49
ummm got quicktime and it still doesn't work?

Wobbly Dave
Monday 17th October 2005, 01:26
Don't understand - when I left click the page just loops back to the list of downloads and when I right click and select "Save Target As" it offers to save it as a HTML and not the movie listed??

weasel
Monday 17th October 2005, 01:30
that's exactly the same problem i'm having.

dave
Monday 17th October 2005, 11:26
just press link for desired movie, let load up/play, right click mouse, gives you choice in there to save file onto pc, only thing is you need the pro version of quicktime!, not a big problem really :wink:

dave

weasel
Tuesday 18th October 2005, 23:11
ah yes it does work... a bit disappointing though i was expecting something more like this http://media.rtl.nl/web/components/actueel/rtlnieuws/2003/week50/donderdag_ferrari1600.avi.MiMedia_WM_364K_V8.wmv

The Flying Banana
Tuesday 18th October 2005, 23:13
ah yes it does work... a bit disappointing though i was expecting something more like this http://media.rtl.nl/web/components/actueel/rtlnieuws/2003/week50/donderdag_ferrari1600.avi.MiMedia_WM_364K_V8.wmv

So weasel...first of all you slagged off my pus coloured estate now what have you got to say about my red car beating a jet plane at the last meet?!!!!!

weasel
Tuesday 18th October 2005, 23:30
hehe before you get excited the news rather predictably doesn't say that schumacher is being carried away because the eurofighter did a low supersonic pass and boomed him whilst he was still beetling around on the ground at 200 mph within a minute of the start! :-))

behbehani
Saturday 25th February 2006, 12:50
hi , why all video is locked ??

fraz13
Saturday 25th February 2006, 16:36
hi , why all video is locked ??
Hi, Video not locked if you log in!!

t5tart
Saturday 25th February 2006, 17:51
i.m logged in and they locked or do you have to log in again ?

Justin
Tuesday 21st March 2006, 18:44
Just read through this thread and alot of you have some PC issues as usual :(

If you use the un attractive direct server link then you can just right click and save target as, if you cant manage it that way you shouldnt own a PC lol.

Direct link (no PHP script)

http://www.vpcuk.org/membervids/

;)