PDA

View Full Version : Volvo s40 t5 project info

nosh
Tuesday 29th November 2011, 16:55
Hi again to everyone who was interested in my project.
VOLVO S40 T5 MK2 GEARTRONIC
here is a list of the completed work so far:
FULL STAINLESS EXHAUST WITH 3" DOWNPIPE & SPORTS CAT
18" TEAM DYNAMIC WHEELS
STAINLESS BRAIDED BRAKE LINES
DRILLED & GROVED DISCS FRONT & REAR
RED STUFF BRAKE PADS
LOWERING SPRINGS
EXTRA OIL COOLER ON GEARBOX
GARRETT INTERCOOLER
GGR CAIS MASSIVE LOW RESISTANCE AIR INTAKE SYSTEM
CR HYBRID TURBO
FORGE ACTUATER
FORGE BLOW OFF VALVE
412cc FUEL INJECTORS (thinking of going to 550cc)
IRIDIUM SPARKPLUGS
WALBRO UPRATED FUEL PUMP
ECU FLASH & ADDITIONAL SOFTWARE "AET MOTORSPORT - WAKEFIELD"
AUTOBOX SOFTWARE UPGRADE.
power currently stands at 350bhp & 418lb torque

will upload some pictures as soon as i can and keep you updated on the stuff i have done!!!

bigrotch
Tuesday 29th November 2011, 17:02
mate it sounds like a bit of a animal allready

volvo
Tuesday 29th November 2011, 17:03
Sounds like a good set of mods you got there...should be some serious power!

I need a 3" decat downpipe (used) if anybody has one!

Cheers and good luck!

nosh
Tuesday 29th November 2011, 22:52
yeah mate, shes a beast!!!!
money permitting theres still alot more to come.

nosh
Tuesday 29th November 2011, 22:54
not quite there yet but currently running at 350bhp & 418lb torque

t5_monkey
Wednesday 30th November 2011, 00:04
Hey Nosh....

I hate you as I may no longer have the coolest S40 T5 on here!! (if I ever did that was :))

awesome specs :D What turbo are you running on it? Is it an Owens development stock one... or the one off the Focus RS or something different?

Where'd you get it custom mapped? ... and who did the mods, was it one garage ?

Get your suspension sorted out!

Mines got:

- EST Strut Brace
- Bilstein B8's (Makes a massive difference)
- Megan adjustable rear camber arms
- IPD Rear Roll bar (again huge difference in handling)
- Braided Brake lines
- Brand New Top Mounts (better feel and lighter more accurate steering)

- Full Powerflex Polybushing Front and Rear < Totally transforms the car!

I thought the handling was OK before I got all that stuff done, but to be honest the handling and ride was utter pisch compared to now it handles like it's on rails and then some.

Yours will be unstoppable with the right suspension mods and all that power :D oh and Post up some more pics!!

Are your wheels like this per chance?

http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy236/s40t5_ben/New%20Alloys/wheels4.jpg

Oh and have you run in down the 1/4 mile yet ?!

nosh
Wednesday 30th November 2011, 23:07
alright mate,
still trying to work this site out...im not entirely thick but how do i post more pics???
the remap & software was done by AET MOTORSPORTS and its a CR HYBRID TURBO...
the modifications have mostly been done by my local mechanic (my mate) a bit here and a bit there if you know what i mean..
lol..no we havent got the same wheels but they are similar!!!
its on lowering springs at the moment but i am looking into coilovers as the roads in sheffield are crap!!! ... i have been looking at the poly bushes for a while..what are they like do they make much difference??
ive also been trying to get hold of a strut brace etc but the only place i can find one is malaysia and they cant get it to me untill febuary, where did you get yours??

nosh
Wednesday 30th November 2011, 23:09
no i havent had a chance to take it on the track yet but i am hopeing to get a performace box for crimbo (if im lucky)

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 30th November 2011, 23:28
If you are interested check out my WD40 event in February. Sounds like an v. interesting car

martybelfastt5
Wednesday 30th November 2011, 23:45
sounds good!

AndysR
Wednesday 30th November 2011, 23:47
Nice spec looking forward to seeing some pic's..

Monkey, your ride is still cool ;)

t5_monkey
Thursday 1st December 2011, 00:42
alright mate,
still trying to work this site out...im not entirely thick but how do i post more pics???
the remap & software was done by AET MOTORSPORTS and its a CR HYBRID TURBO...
the modifications have mostly been done by my local mechanic (my mate) a bit here and a bit there if you know what i mean..
lol..no we havent got the same wheels but they are similar!!!
its on lowering springs at the moment but i am looking into coilovers as the roads in sheffield are crap!!! ... i have been looking at the poly bushes for a while..what are they like do they make much difference??
ive also been trying to get hold of a strut brace etc but the only place i can find one is malaysia and they cant get it to me untill febuary, where did you get yours??

Hey mate, thanks - I'll check AET and CR out.

For bad roads... get 17" wheels, I'm on OZ and they are WAY better ride wise than 18 (and dynamically).

Polybush - make a difference? ££££ aye! mine felt awesome when I got em done, dead tight, accurate, handles like a demon - that was my last mod. Also get your top mounts done if you've done more than 50k, MAF and FPS also wear out after about 50k.

Also get the IPD rear roll bar and Bilstein B8 shocks - Basically I thought mine handled OK till I got the suspension mods and I realized why everyone said volvos were crap and raved about CTR's, Golf GTI's etc!

Performance is good... but get the suspension sorted and it will FEEL awesome ALL of the time even when you're not gunning it.

Coilover may be a bit hard for the roads, especially if you're running 18's.

Strut brace - EST item from IPDusa IIRC - not cheap but worth it.

Is yours on a standalone ECU or did they remap the unit in there ?

What tyres are you running? Only ones I've found that cope well are Conti Sport Contact 3.

To post pics... get a photobucket account, and then upload them there, it gives u a link to copy and post which put the pic up here :D

nosh
Thursday 1st December 2011, 16:10
If you are interested check out my WD40 event in February. Sounds like an v. interesting car
yeah up for any volvo meets....when & where is your wd40 meet???

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 1st December 2011, 16:33
Suprisingly enough it is in the Meetups folder...

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38763

nosh
Saturday 3rd December 2011, 00:31
i have a set of volvo s40 european headlights for sale if anyone is interested......

t5_monkey
Saturday 3rd December 2011, 00:56
You figured out how to get photos up yet mate?!

I'm down your way this next weekend BTW :) Fancy a mini meet ? :D

nosh
Saturday 3rd December 2011, 20:29
Im keeping my fingers crossed that this upload works....here goes

nosh
Saturday 3rd December 2011, 20:41

nosh
Saturday 3rd December 2011, 20:48
You figured out how to get photos up yet mate?!

I'm down your way this next weekend BTW :) Fancy a mini meet ? :D

alright mate,
have uploaded some photos for you to have a gander at....
where abouts are you going to next weekend ??? ...yep would be up for a mini meet what day were you thinking as we are working saturday but will be about all day sunday/monday.

t5_monkey
Saturday 3rd December 2011, 21:16
alright mate,
have uploaded some photos for you to have a gander at....
where abouts are you going to next weekend ??? ...yep would be up for a mini meet what day were you thinking as we are working saturday but will be about all day sunday/monday.

Looks awesome!

Sunday is a possibility - Let's swap mobiles on PM and I'll text you the day before see if you're free.

It does mean I may have to clean mine too ! which is a PITA.

Would love to have a passenger ride in yours to see what the power is like... I think you'll like the handling and suspension mods on mine :)

nosh
Saturday 3rd December 2011, 21:23
Looks awesome!

Sunday is a possibility - Let's swap mobiles on PM and I'll text you the day before see if you're free.

It does mean I may have to clean mine too ! which is a PITA.

Would love to have a passenger ride in yours to see what the power is like... I think you'll like the handling and suspension mods on mine :)

ok will send you mobile number.. yeah il have to give mine a good polish too!! no probs we can go for a blast and see what you think.. took the wife out in it last night and switched the DTSC off, she nearly s##t herself and wasnt amused lol (it really is an animal )
are you gonna be on your own or wife with you??

t5_monkey
Saturday 3rd December 2011, 21:27
ok will send you mobile number.. yeah il have to give mine a good polish too!! no probs we can go for a blast and see what you think.. took the wife out in it last night and switched the DTSC off, she nearly s##t herself and wasnt amused lol (it really is an animal )
are you gonna be on your own or wife with you??

If it's with the wife will be someone else's wife LOL!

Am in York meeting a lady-friend but she will be back on her way to London by Sunday so just me :)

lance
Sunday 4th December 2011, 14:27
Im only 50 miles away from Sheffield and would love to see both of these Volvos although mine is just running 248 BHP and 420 NM I have more plans for her.

nosh
Tuesday 6th December 2011, 16:13
Im only 50 miles away from Sheffield and would love to see both of these Volvos although mine is just running 248 BHP and 420 NM I have more plans for her.

Alrite mate,
your most welcome to come and have a look...just waiting to find out when t5 monkey is about... so will post you a message when i know.
maybe this mini meet will grow..
otherwise your quite welcome to come and have a look or meet up anytime.

t5_monkey
Tuesday 6th December 2011, 17:31
BTW there's a meet going on potentially at Scotch corner or Thirsk ... Will try and find the link.

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?p=433315#post433315

Fancy this Nosh ? :)

nosh
Sunday 1st April 2012, 23:01

nosh
Sunday 1st April 2012, 23:04
thought id go for a colour change....
also have had a powercast manifold made / strut brace / anti roll bar front & rear

M-R-P
Sunday 1st April 2012, 23:08
Normally, the black roof/bonnet combo doesn't appeal to me but I gotta say that looks epic!
Well done sir, she really stands out.

t5_monkey
Sunday 1st April 2012, 23:10
wow I know we'd talked about getting the bonnet CF but you've gone the whole 9 yards mate looks mad!

Sure you wanna upgrade the front ARB a lot of people form the Focus ST forums have taken it off again cause it gives too much inner wheel spin.

You running a quaife diff ?

nosh
Sunday 1st April 2012, 23:11
Normally, the black roof/bonnet combo doesn't appeal to me but I gotta say that looks epic!
Well done sir, she really stands out.

thanks very much, wasnt too sure myself at first but i have had loads of positive comments, so all worked out well...

nosh
Sunday 1st April 2012, 23:17
wow I know we'd talked about getting the bonnet CF but you've gone the whole 9 yards mate looks mad!

thanks monkey..... when are you down this way next??

t5_monkey
Sunday 1st April 2012, 23:33
thanks monkey..... when are you down this way next??

Dunno - Lets arrange a propa meet sumtime at Scotch corner ?

Parental visit is due around end of April!

Did the manifold make much difference btw ?

PS get it polybushed and on B8 dampers :) i won't regret it (although ur spine might)

nosh
Sunday 1st April 2012, 23:39
Dunno - Lets arrange a propa meet sumtime at Scotch corner ?

Parental visit is due around end of April!

Did the manifold make much difference btw ?

been there today, go up every few weeks so can sort something out,
the manifold definitly makes it run better, probably needs another tweek on the dyno..

t5_monkey
Sunday 1st April 2012, 23:42
I need 2 get mine down to AET for some magic too... although I can't afford a hybrid will just have 2 go on a diet instead :)

nosh
Sunday 1st April 2012, 23:54

Sure you wanna upgrade the front ARB a lot of people form the Focus ST forums have taken it off again cause it gives too much inner wheel spin.

You running a quaife diff ?

ARB happens to be the best thing ive put on, stops it lifting and handles alot better...
as for a quaife diff ... you cant run one with geartronic.

t5_monkey
Monday 2nd April 2012, 00:52
ARB happens to be the best thing ive put on, stops it lifting and handles alot better...
as for a quaife diff ... you cant run one with geartronic.

That's the front ARB?

I've got the back one seems 2 help a lot... front is stock (With polybushes) on mine.

nosh
Saturday 5th May 2012, 15:58
Hi again to everyone who was interested in my project.
UPDATED
VOLVO S40 T5 MK2 GEARTRONIC
here is a list of the completed work so far:
FULL 3" STAINLESS STEEL EXHAUST WITH SPORTS CAT
18" TEAM DYNAMIC WHEELS
STAINLESS BLUE BRAIDED BRAKE LINES
DRILLED & GROVED DISCS FRONT & REAR
RED STUFF BRAKE PADS
LOWERING SPRINGS
DOUBLE OIL COOLER ON GEARBOX
INCREASED OIL PRESSURE IN GEARBOX
UPGRADED SOFTWARE ON GEARBOX
GARRETT INTERCOOLER
GGR CAIS MASSIVE LOW RESISTANCE AIR INTAKE SYSTEM
AET MOTORSPORT K16 TURBO
FORGE ACTUATER
FORGE BLOW OFF VALVE
550cc FUEL INJECTORS
IRIDIUM SPARKPLUGS
ULTRA RACING UPRATED ANTI ROLL BAR FRONT & REAR
ULTRA RACING UPRATED FRONT UPPPER STRUT BRACE
HALF VINYL WRAPPED
BLUE SILICONE TURBO HOSE
CUSTOM MADE POWER COATED MANIFOLD COVER IN BLUE
WALBRO UPRATED FUEL PUMP
ECU FLASH & ADDITIONAL SOFTWARE "AET MOTORSPORT - WAKEFIELD"
power currently stands at 340 bhp & 365 torque ( wheel horse power - on hub dyno )
still more to come (when funds permit) ....................

t5_monkey
Saturday 5th May 2012, 17:44
340 Whp.....!!

t5_monkey
Saturday 5th May 2012, 17:50
PS.... Get it polybushed! and on B8 dampers (best fast road set up - coilovers will be too hard)

http://www.alloywheels.com/7.5x17_Inch_OZ_Superturismo_Le_Mans_Graphite_Alloy _Wheels_Only

17" lightweight wheels too :D

endo-t5
Thursday 23rd August 2012, 21:43
Saw this at the weekend and it is a real beast of a car, sorry I didn't get chance to have a proper talk at the car show but I really like your car and someone said they seen a blue Volvo spitting flames on the way in.lol
It's a credit to you nosh.

nosh
Thursday 23rd August 2012, 22:48
Saw this at the weekend and it is a real beast of a car, sorry I didn't get chance to have a proper talk at the car show but I really like your car and someone said they seen a blue Volvo spitting flames on the way in.lol
It's a credit to you nosh.

hi mate cheers for that maybe we'l get a chance to have a chat at another meet/show. good turnout for the show shame it rained for some of it..