PDA

View Full Version : Noooooo wot have i done....!

Barry Blue
Saturday 26th November 2011, 15:59
i've just become a v70 T5 owner and wow what a car...!
Its a 08 ex police car and it ££££££££££ flys, well it did do untill i took it to get a servis at a volvo garrage and they offerd me to upgraed the ecu for only £29 MAN what a mistake, the cars performance is totally different.
The whole car feels totally different and the top end speed is a joke to what it used to be (which i found out on a track day honestly:smile:)

Can anyone help me out i need to know what spec the car was before they messed about whith the ecu so i can get the car back to how it was before
i'm trying to get volvo to reinstate all the bits and pieces as they were to fault for downgrading not upgrading can anyone help..?

many thanks Barry Blue

t5_monkey
Saturday 26th November 2011, 16:07
Welcome Barry....

Sounds like the flashed the ECU? That's what you have to do on the later ones.

You should be able to flash it back to standard in the same way they flashed a new map onto it.

£29 quid and tuned... hmmm :) what can I say... too good to be true.

claymore
Saturday 26th November 2011, 16:11
Welcome Barry....

Sounds like the flashed the ECU? That's what you have to do on the later ones.

You should be able to flash it back to standard in the same way they flashed a new map onto it.

£29 quid and tuned... hmmm :) what can I say... too good to be true.
Sounds more like they offered to update the ecu rather than put a tune on it, also sounds to me as if it was maped before the dealers put on the upgrade.

stephenevans99
Saturday 26th November 2011, 16:31
Deffo sounds like the cars previous remap has been written over by the software update.

p fandango
Saturday 26th November 2011, 16:36
if you can find out who did the remap they'll normally reflash it free if its been wiped over