PDA

View Full Version : my 1995 850 t5 not very well!!!!

bigrotch
Thursday 24th November 2011, 08:21
Well peeps the rad change went spot on I've know got a all working water system... What I thought was waterpump I could hear wasn't it was the alternator so changed that while the Rad was off.. Happydays.... Got the car all bleed up etc brilliant..
Took for easy drive for little while then tried I under load to see if the miss was still there well,It was so back to mercs baring in mind we've Allready changed -
plugs- leads - coil - -fuel pump - fuel reg - back to Bcs - merc said can't beleave it's not trown a engine light then hold on a min just check something yep u guessed it no ****ing light in it ggggggggrrrrrr... Down to garage to get it code red.. Well after 6ft of paper full of faults etc gunna have change lambada sensa and put all my standad air intake back to standad clean malf sensor oh and put a ****n bulb in me dash gggggggrrrrrrr it's get sooooo close to getting broken it's unreal as my clutch is cooked aswell woosaaa

bigrotch
Thursday 24th November 2011, 08:26
alot of them are from before i had it and the slippery ****s have pulled a fastone on me ie remove stat remove engine light etc so all alarms cleared and reset, least i found out my abs alarm,front left passanger sensor woo hoo! get engine light sorted today put all standad air intakes back etc i keep ya posted peeps

volvo
Thursday 24th November 2011, 08:37
no good man....someone pulled the EML out of a honda i bought once

Now you have a list of codes to go by, at least. Try have the codes read again, there may be less, just to get an accurate reading, that is a very long list

Good luck guys

bigrotch
Thursday 24th November 2011, 08:51
alot are miss fire which i get underload ie missfire cylin 1 no 2 etc etc there is a 1-5-3 rear h02s signal i havent got a rear one but must be lambada im guessing im prob wrong tho, getting on my titsi must admit

Jim S70R
Thursday 24th November 2011, 12:15
Glad you sorted the cooling issue, don't let it get you down things are set to try us. You'll find out what the problem is and laugh as it will prob be something so small.

AndysR
Thursday 24th November 2011, 19:03
alot are miss fire which i get underload ie missfire cylin 1 no 2 etc etc there is a 1-5-3 rear h02s signal i havent got a rear one but must be lambada im guessing im prob wrong tho, getting on my titsi must admit

Wow that's one hell of a list, as you say it could be that some of them are historic... Hope you had a productive day on the car..

t5steve
Thursday 24th November 2011, 20:51
crikey makes my problem seem small compared to that list.......i only had 2 faults and it was neither of them. good luck and keep looking

LiamT4
Thursday 24th November 2011, 20:59
The question is, how long has it been like that for?

If its had a dodgy lambda for a while, which has been causing fueling issues, then it may have caused more damage.

With a bit of luck hopefully it won't be too bad.

bigrotch
Thursday 24th November 2011, 21:14
Right peeps put standad air box on and cleaned maf, thought it sorted it but after a while the miss underload come back not as bad tho.. Got a diff maf and lambada to Change Tomoz so fingers crossed... Liam it only started saturday and the car hasn't hardly bin used so fingers crossed no damage... It getting close to being scraped tho!

t5steve
Thursday 24th November 2011, 21:19
what did you clean maf with i've been told you have to buy a special cleaner as carb cleaner is too strong? or am i being fed bulls**t

bigrotch
Thursday 24th November 2011, 22:14
I just used a electrical cleaner mate thats it tryit or carb cleaner what's the worst can happen mate if it ****s it plenty about on net for not alot of money fella

t5steve
Thursday 24th November 2011, 22:18
thanks.....that was my feelings but didn't want to end up with a car that won't run at all as it's now my only car

merc85
Thursday 24th November 2011, 22:28
I just used a electrical cleaner mate thats it tryit or carb cleaner what's the worst can happen mate if it ****s it plenty about on net for not alot of money fella

Please please dont take this the wrong way,

But if you do Buy a MAF make sure it's a Proper quality, as there are cheap ones out there and even ones where you just buy the insert.

Rule of thumb is these really dont work that well, and some are worse than the old Bosch unit.

028 0217 107 is the Bosch number required.

0 258 005 097 is the Bosch number for the Lambda sensor.

bigrotch
Thursday 24th November 2011, 22:29
Myne is running ok mate untill I give the full beans mate and I develope a miss

t5steve
Thursday 24th November 2011, 22:32
thats why i wanted to try cleaning mine first.... if it made a difference i would splash out and buy a proper bosch one........have read this advice on here before about other parts as well...... take advice of them that know
thanks guys

mitchyboy01
Friday 25th November 2011, 00:50
Did you reset the codes then go for a drive and get the codes read again? Most of them codes must be historic as that is a very long list lol hope you get it sorted mate. Would be a shame to see another one broken.

bigrotch
Friday 25th November 2011, 01:47
Got them reset and put the engine light bulb bag in what someone had taken out gggrrrr it hasn't thrown a engine light yet tho!!!

t5steve
Friday 25th November 2011, 01:53
fingers crossed for you

bigrotch
Saturday 26th November 2011, 09:05
yeh that could of bin me mate near the mitshi and bmw garage, she was running proper ruff mate. tonight with merc swaped injectors still played up then cam sensor still no joy, proper getting on me tits by now. then merc said try flywheel sensor as he bin doing some research and if it brakes down it will cause a miss etc swaped it over and we test drove it, well it didnt miss a beat apart from the clutch slip that is but it had a proper hard 25mile burn and it was spot on. so fingers crossed im gunna take it for another drive tomoz and if no miss its sorted.....god hope so thnks to merc and his endless spares and me pestering him lol top call fella fingers crossed ill let u all know tomoz

Jim S70R
Saturday 26th November 2011, 11:21
yeh that could of bin me mate near the mitshi and bmw garage, she was running proper ruff mate. tonight with merc swaped injectors still played up then cam sensor still no joy, proper getting on me tits by now. then merc said try flywheel sensor as he bin doing some research and if it brakes down it will cause a miss etc swaped it over and we test drove it, well it didnt miss a beat apart from the clutch slip that is but it had a proper hard 25mile burn and it was spot on. so fingers crossed im gunna take it for another drive tomoz and if no miss its sorted.....god hope so thnks to merc and his endless spares and me pestering him lol top call fella fingers crossed ill let u all know tomoz

Fingers crossed that's it's fixed your problem and you can get back to enjoying the car again.

AndysR
Sunday 27th November 2011, 18:24
So is the car still ok? :)

merc85
Sunday 27th November 2011, 18:32
So is the car still ok? :)

Yeah Andy the car is going Good buddy, Supplied Rotch with a Brand new Crank sensor after he tried my Good Secondhand one.

bigrotch
Sunday 27th November 2011, 18:33
Yes Andy apart from my destroyed clutch but I new about that lol

AndysR
Sunday 27th November 2011, 18:35
Yes Andy apart from my destroyed clutch but I new about that lol

Next on the list then, closely followed by that R bumper I hope :)

Still at least you've sorted your running issue out..

bigrotch
Sunday 27th November 2011, 18:51
Next on the list then, closely followed by that R bumper I hope :)

Still at least you've sorted your running issue out..

Yep u right there Andy clutch then bumper not looking forward todoin clutch with merc tho